•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 12 Aug 2021

Srikumar

14 minutes ago, John Vanderbleek said:

Greetings!

Details:

I drive a stock 2019 Blue Toyo FJ 4x4 with front and rear eyelets.

I have on-board tire inflation compressor with hose, air pressure gage, pair of Maxtrax plastic boards, pull rope, and shovel.

I have some recent experience in driving in the area of Salt Lakes, Fossil Dunes, and half of the Remah Loop...but realize still much to learn.

I may have to withdraw this drive as I just returned from USA and am inside the 14 day period as described in the newbie video I just watched.

I was PCR negative upon arrival on the 5th of Aug and this morning did the 6 day PCR with results in the next 24 hours.

I also need to purchase a radio and hope to do that today... Wednesday 

Looking forward to joining this drive or the next.

Please advise regarding the 14 day period following travel.

Regards,

JV

Hi John, we had made the guidelines of 14 days quarantine last year as per the government rules prevailing at that time.

So my advice would be that, if the current government rules permits you to go out and not be in quarantine, then you are most welcome to join the drive.

Regarding the radio, we shall provide the same for the drive tomorrow incase if you are unable to arrange it.

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

Convoy Numbering

1. Srikumar - Lead

2. Jacob - Second Lead 

3. Amith

4. Ayaan Sharif

5. John 

6. Hasan

7. Shereen

8. Erik

9. Ashique

10. AlexM

11. Mustafa

12. Naveen Raj

13. Karthikeyan

14. Josh T - Sweep

We shall be using Carnity Channel 3 (446.056.25) tomorrow. For those who are joining us for the first time, I shall be carrying spare radios with me, if needed.

The meeting point has been updated on the drive post as well as the calendar. My number incase of emergency is 055-9567471 and I shall be there at the meeting point by 6:15 AM.

Due to movement restrictions in AD till 5 AM, we are having a late start of 6:30 AM. But if you can reach the meeting point earlier it would be great as we can then push off faster to drive more during the cooler time of the day.

See you tomorrow morning. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Srikumar said:

Convoy Numbering

1. Srikumar - Lead

2. Jacob - Second Lead 

3. Amith

4. Ayaan Sharif

5. John 

6. Hasan

7. Shereen

8. Erik

9. Ashique

10. AlexM

11. Mustafa

12. Naveen Raj

13. Karthikeyan

14. Josh T - Sweep

We shall be using Carnity Channel 3 (446.056.25) tomorrow. For those who are joining us for the first time, I shall be carrying spare radios with me, if needed.

The meeting point has been updated on the drive post as well as the calendar. My number incase of emergency is 055-9567471 and I shall be there at the meeting point by 6:15 AM.

Due to movement restrictions in AD till 5 AM, we are having a late start of 6:30 AM. But if you can reach the meeting point earlier it would be great as we can then push off faster to drive more during the cooler time of the day.

See you tomorrow morning. 

Longest convey I have ever seen in Abu Dhabi. Looking forward…

• Like (+1) 1

It was a wonderful and relaxing drive with no stucks and least refusals and at same time the boys at the back had their playtime as well thanks @Srikumarfor your excellent guidance. All absolute Newbies and newbies performed well. 
In and out of the drive with full charge not even a single drop of sweat was lost from the body.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use