•  

COVID19 Compliant - Afternoon Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Murquab to Infinity - Dubai - 21 Aug 2021

Ale Vallecchi

31 minutes ago, hasan hamadeh said:

Hi @Ale Vallecchi I understand, but I thought that if I do the Fewbie drive on Friday you would allow me to join the Fewbie Plus drive on Saturday evening. I would like to mention that I have done 5 Fewbie Plus drives with UAE off-road club but then decided to join you guys again because I realized that your rides are much more organized and professional compared to others. I would kindly request that you put me on the waiting list for the Saturday afternoon drive pending my successful completion of Friday morning Fewbie drive. Please let me know.  

Dear @hasan hamadeh. Thanks for your kind reply. I understand your point. Nonetheless, in order do advance in the ranks you should either complete the required drives (10 drives at Fewbie level to get promoted) or, if you have previous experience, you can request access to a specific rank, through the link 

and you will receive a feedback from @Gaurav or another member of the Crew. 

As it's not my decision to make, please follow the procedure above, and when promoted to the new rank I will be happy to sign you up for the drive. 

Thanks a lot for your understanding, and hope to see you soon. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear @hasan hamadeh, thank you for signing up with this drive. I have seen, however, that you are driving still at Fewbie Level, while this drive is designed for Fewbie Plus and above. I will have to sign yo out of the drive (I have seen you already have another drive during the weekend, so I hope you will still have enough fun). Thanks a lot for understanding. Have a great week.

Good morning @Nihal17. Can you please confirm if you are still interested in joining Saturday afternoon's drive? Thanks a lot. 

Done , Thank you @Ale Vallecchi and @Sunil Mathew

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear @hasan hamadeh. Thanks for your kind reply. I understand your point. Nonetheless, in order do advance in the ranks you should either complete the required drives (10 drives at Fewbie level to get promoted) or, if you have previous experience, you can request access to a specific rank, through the link 

and you will receive a feedback from @Gaurav or another member of the Crew. 

As it's not my decision to make, please follow the procedure above, and when promoted to the new rank I will be happy to sign you up for the drive. 

Thanks a lot for your understanding, and hope to see you soon. 

@Ale Vallecchi I submit the request. Hopping for positive feedback as I am looking forward for the Saturday Afternoon drive. 

• Like (+1) 1

Dear Desertnauts,

welcome to this Saturday's PM drive. As usual, I wish to give you a preview of what's to come. Tomorrow I'll complete the drive plan by providing the final convoy numbering, and radio frequency.

The idea, as often with Carnity, is to explore new locations, open up new routes, at first with higher ranked convoys, and later, once better tested, to open them to all members. This particular itinerary will take us from Murqab to Faqa and beyond. This area will require some attention, both on my part as leader, and on yours as drivers. The first segment of the drive (Murqab to Faqa) will be at first characterized by tall, open dunes, with some limited amount of vegetation (small bushes), then it will slowly present more tight cordons, lower in height, with still some vegetation. The most complex element will be represented by some very tight, technical dunes (low, very close to each other, with sharp ridges and extremely soft bowls), which we will do our best to avoid, navigating within a more accessible corridor, until we'll reach northern Faqa's sabkha. I will have to patiently find appropriate places to cross the dunes and advance through this first segment of the itinerary. You will have to remain as concentrated as possible, and show the utmost respect for discipline, respecting convoy distancing and safety protocols to minimize refusals and stucks. 

Once reached northern Faqa, we will proceed through the area well away from AD's border, in the direction of Little Sweihan, with the goal of reaching as far as the sunlight will allow us to. Wherever we will be at sunset, there will be sufficient exit tracks to lead us toward Solar Park, which will be our final exit point.

@Chinthaka Ruwan, @PaoloMaraziti, @Nihal17, @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil, @Sunil Mathew, @Darren Brooke, @Mario Cornejo and @Matt.T, I am looking forward to seeing you on Saturday afternoon. In the meantime, have a nice weekend.

• Like (+1) 3
  • WOW (+2) 2

4 hours ago, Enrico Biscaro said:

Looking forward to this one. 

Wrong drive buddy 😅

• Haha (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

8 minutes ago, GauravSoni said:

Hi @Ale Vallecchi is there a possibility of add another driver on the convoy? I would like to join this drive…

Sure @GauravSoni. I added you. Thanks

• Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use