•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Area 53 - Sharjah - 20 Aug 2021

Islam Soliman

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and strictly follow these guidelines.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Intermediate  and above 

Meeting time: 05:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/LnqD15tc4cWvdYtj8

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 09:00 AM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 10 cars maximum. RSVP will close on Thursday - 9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members that do not confirm the terms of the COVID requirements will be removed from the RSVP list.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

• Gaurav changed the title to COVID19 Compliant - Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Area 53 - Sharjah - 20 Aug 2021

Dear @Islam Soliman I will not be able to join tomorrow's drive due to family plan, hence will exist now so that some one can occupy this slot.

Stay Safe, enjoy the drive .... Insha'Allah Will see you in next time.  

• Sad (0) 1

Pre-drive details below:

1- It is already hot and we want to have an early start hoping to cover majority of the track by 9:00am before heading to the exit to inflate by 9:30am before we get roasted.

2- This requires prompt presence at the meeting point by 5:00am and be ready to move max by 5:30am (deflated, flag erected, 4H on, radio on and set, airbags/traction/abs all set....) 

3- Please ensure your radio is on, fully charged, and set to the right frequency: channel 2 (446,031.25) upon arrival to do a quick radio check

4- briefing will be done on on the sand before we start moving

5- please ensure you come with a full tank (as much as possible) in addition to all necessary gear for this drive level

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/LnqD15tc4cWvdYtj8

See you all on the sand 😎

Convoy order:

image.png.36bcf4b5e7e9e4f46c5cf1ac3cc6f2a4.png

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thanks (+1) 1

What a day guys, we had a lot of fun, the teamwork ethic in this group is a dream, I think we had an early exit, for an engine issue, 5 digs and self recoveries, 4 tugs, a pop out, a wheel change and a cracked radiator, and we all left smiling so we must be doing something right, great route, a real mix of everything the desert can throw at you. Thanks everyone

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

The drive that had everything….including ghosts 👻👀

Thanks @Islam Soliman for showing me a brand new area, a real game of two halves in terms of terrain…plenty of opportunities to show the teamwork this club is all about, and my sincere thanks to everyone for changing my tyre in far from ideal conditions! @Alex Raptor thanks goodness for your expensive tastes as they really helped the group out today 🤣 all that was missing was a post drive Nespresso!

Good to see you all guys, I hope we do it again soon 🌵

• Like (+1) 6
  • Well Done (+2) 1

I second that.. it’s all about the company and teaming .. all of you guys played excellent team work through the drive despite of the vast number of challenges (stucks, refusals, shoveling, tugs, winche, pop out, spare tire replacement, and finally a radiator problem).. everyone not only drove amazingly well on this often unvisited track with mix of hardcore technical and gliding through large dunes and bowls.. fantastic.. can’t ask for a better team..

and @Alex Raptorloved your new jack.. 

@Rizwanm2 hope ur car steering is sorted .. tried to call after we exited but ur phone was off; I guess you dropped asleep 

hope to see u all soon

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

5 minutes ago, Alex Raptor said:

If anyone has any video or photos of the air jack in action can you post it please, 

That would be @Niki

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, Islam Soliman said:

That would be @Niki

I wasn’t able to upload videos to the forum or gallery so sent them direct to @Alex Raptor.  I have added some pics to the gallery and later this evening I put up the pics of you all doing the climbs whilst Islam was mending the radiator. 

@Islam Soliman thankyou for a great morning… so much packed into the drive and a super convoy that supported each other.  What an absolute pleasure to be part of today! 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 4

Important Information

Terms of use