•  

COVID 19 Compliant - ABSOLUTE NEWBIE Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 20 Aug 2021

Brette

Hi guys, It was really an amazing experience driving in the desert for the first time.

I would definitely do it again soon but I will try to have a rear bash plate(Just to make sure my bumper won't pop out) and have the car checked as I have some tire rubbing in the wheel well when making a sharp turn😅.

Despite the setbacks we had in the desert, I had so much fun and got to know my vehicle's capabilities more, all thanks to @Brette and @M.Seidam.

All the best and I hope see you guys soon!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Dear Chris @Christopher Mitch Fuerzas happy to hear that you have enjoyed it and yes regarding your Pagero 

34 minutes ago, Christopher Mitch Fuerzas said:

I will try to have a rear bash plate(Just to make sure my bumper won't pop out) and have the car checked as I have some tire rubbing in the wheel

You can check the forum for pagero and possibly regarding your specific query if I can kindly ask our pagero owners like @Anish S @Gaurav @Frederic @Gaurav Soni ( respect to all others ) please if you can help out .

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Christopher Mitch Fuerzas, @Clara Cordero, @Nittin Pangotra , @Waqas Asif, @Daphne, @Muhamed Ameen, @Bakr Abdallah and @FSt

Thank you for joining Friday Absolute Newbie drive, it was a pleasure to drive with you all. Being an absolute newbie you all did great and learned really well.

Moving forward you all will be joining the Newbie drives and not an Absolute Newbie drive anymore. Drives are announced every Sunday at 11 am, and they go live on Sunday at 7:00 pm. Due to the high demand, these drives get full in about 10 minutes, so please be online at 7 pm to book your spot. If you miss a spot, put your name on the waitlist asap. Generally, by Thursday with dropouts everyone does get a spot if they have waitlisted. 

For the next drives, please bring along a deflator, pressure gauge, flag, compressor and radio as a minimum. 

• Learn to deflate your tires and checking them precisely
  • Learn to fix a flag on your car
  • Learn to program and fully charge your radio

Also like I mentioned during the debriefing, join the Carnity Whatsapp Drive Notification to get the latest updates on the drives, so that you can RSVP on time for the next weekend's drive.

Please have a look at below topic which describes the tools needed for every level. There is a separate tutorial inside which explains which radio we recommend and how to program them: (Please do not buy the Baofeng 888S spare radio we gave you, as these cannot be programmed without a special cable and software).

Please have a look at below grading structure that explains various off-road levels:

See you guys and gals soon on the sand again. Take care. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

4 hours ago, M.Seidam said:

Dear Chris @Christopher Mitch Fuerzas happy to hear that you have enjoyed it and yes regarding your Pagero 

You can check the forum for pagero and possibly regarding your specific query if I can kindly ask our pagero owners like @Anish S @Gaurav @Frederic @Gaurav Soni ( respect to all others ) please if you can help out .

Hi @Christopher Mitch Fuerzas,

Glad to know that you are enjoying the desert drive and making the most of your capable Pajero. To avoid the rear bumper scooping sand, you will need a rear plate which normally cost around 400 to 450dhs and most of the fabrication workshops and garages can make and fix it for you. 

Regarding the tyre rubbing, normally it happens when the front bumper bends towards the tyre reducing the gap in between. It can happen while off-roading when the bumper touches the dunes when climbing and descending in certain angle. To sort out this issue, the front bumper will need a little trimming so that you have more clearance.

Looking forward to see you and the pajero in the sand soon.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

• Gaurav changed the title to COVID 19 Compliant - ABSOLUTE NEWBIE Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 20 Aug 2021

Important Information

Terms of use