•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Al Khatim - Abu Dhabi - 20 August 2021

Asif Hussain

8 hours ago, Asif Hussain said:

@Brendan White welcome to Carnity Offroad club

Kindly reply with a small introduction:

• Which 4x4 are you driving/bringing to drive ?
  • Any prior off-roading experience ? If so please specify.
  • Does your vehicle have front and back tow points and are they in perfect condition ?

As a perfect preparation for your first drive with us, please go through the Absolute Newbie Briefing video posted below which really helps in getting you to understand the first basic essentials, so please watch it with full attention:

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

For your first drive, please bring a tire pressure gauge and a deflator so you can deflate your tires. These are readily available in hardware shops.

If you do have off-road gear such as a flag, shovel, recovery rope or others, please bring it along as well.

If you have a UHF Radio you can bring it along, and program it to the Carnity Frequencies as per the below post. If you don't have radio we will provide spare radio to use. From the second drive onward you need to get your own radio.

Hi,

Just recently bought a second hand 2013 Xterra Off Road with rear diff lock, traction control and ABS kill; but this will be the first time I have taken it off-road. Had a Pajero for the last few years, but the wife drives that and doesn't want me to take it off-road anymore. Have been driving off-road and camping with friends for a few years and and also did a course with one of the driving schools. Have all the equipment - compressor, shovel, radio, snatch rope, flag, front & back tow points. Watched the intro video last night, so good to go. Will be bringing my 15yr old son with me, who is as keen as I am and a great co-pilot. See you in the morning.

Brendan.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Karthikeyan Govindarajan said:

@Asif Hussain I had withdrawn my RSVP today morning, as I need to go for booster tomorrow. Kindly take note

Noted @Karthikeyan Govindarajansee you next time

• Thanks (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Asif Hussain said:

Drive  RSVP Closed 

Convoy Position

1. Asif Hussain - Xrterra
  2. Naveen Raj - Pajero
  3. Brendan White - Xterra
  4. ShereenMK - Land Cruiser
  5. S Jacob - Pajero
  6. Hasan Wahlan - Land Cruiser
  7. John Vanderbleek - FJ Cruiser
  8. ashique rahiman - Xterra
  9. AlexM - Wrangler 
  10. Karthikeyan Govindarajan - Land Cruiser 
  11. Farouq Owdeh - Cherokee 
  12. Josh T. - GMC Sierra 
  13. Mus_hus78 - Pajero

Meeting Time: 6 00AM

Try to reach 15mins earlier than meeting time. 

We will be broadcasting on frequency 446.081.25 (Carnity Channel No.4) 

Please go through the COVID regulations and abide by them before after and during the drive ⬇️

Click here how to program your radio ⬇️ 
@Brendan Whiteif you had not watched newbie briefing before find below link and please watch

Click here to watch newbie video briefing ⬇️

In case of emergency please call me at 0506990411

Please, check if my name is on 12th position on the list. 

Thanks

The drive started at slow pace and gradually @Asif Hussainbhai has stepped up to slightly higher level after gaining confidence in the convoy and then came the real fun, really enjoyed all your drives and this one too. Thanks @Asif Hussain@Josh T.@Farouq Owdeh@ShereenMKfor your helping hand.

@Erik Ean bro, you  handled your car beautifully and to its extreme I think so…

Everyone did well, glad to be part of this convoy...see you all soon 

@Hasan Wahlanhope all well with you.. 

• Like (+1) 1

Was a fun drive, some shoveling, couple of crestings (even from the Grand Master @Asif Hussain), Subaru losing another (or the same) piece of meat, all the good fun) Thanks everybody and especially the organiser and supporting team!

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Naveen Raj said:

The drive started at slow pace and gradually @Asif Hussainbhai has stepped up to slightly higher level after gaining confidence in the convoy and then came the real fun, really enjoyed all your drives and this one too. Thanks @Asif Hussain@Josh T.@Farouq Owdeh@ShereenMKfor your helping hand.

@Erik Ean bro, you  handled your car beautifully and to its extreme I think so…

Everyone did well, glad to be part of this convoy...see you all soon 

@Hasan Wahlanhope all well with you.. 

The funny thing about the drive, after my refusal on that heavy climb, we have gone through 2 other similar climbs, almost identical to the first one, however on these, the car made it through with no issues. 

I'll wait the new suspension kit to arrive, it will give me almost 2 more inches of ground clearance and the new suspension has more efficient action on the off road terrain. The stock is too soft, any minor bumps makes the front bumper to hit the ground. Not to mention the road radial tyres 😁😁

Guys thank you all for the recoverys. It was a fun morning. 😁

3 minutes ago, AlexM said:

Was a fun drive, some shoveling, couple of crestings (even from the Grand Master @Asif Hussain), Subaru losing another (or the same) piece of meat, all the good fun) Thanks everybody and especially the organiser and supporting team!

It was the same plastic fender 😂😂

This time I will use metal clips to assemble it back in place 😁

Edited by Erik Ean
  • Like (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, Erik Ean said:

The funny thing about the drive, after my refusal on that heavy climb, we have gone through 2 other similar climbs, almost identical to the first one, however on these, the car made it through with no issues. 

I'll wait the new suspension kit to arrive, it will give me almost 2 more inches of ground clearance and the new suspension has more efficient action on the off road terrain. The stock is too soft, any minor bumps makes the front bumper to hit the ground. Not to mention the road radial tyres 😁😁

Guys thank you all for the recoverys. It was a fun morning. 😁

It was the same plastic fender 😂😂

This time I will use metal clips to assemble it back in place 😁

That’s how we learn, we break things and fix it, it’s repeated process.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use