•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Murquab - Dubai - 20 Aug 2021

Tbone

My first Fewbie drive and what a step up. Firstly, a massive thank you to @Tbone for an amazing drive. There was never a dull moment, even when we were crossing flat patches in which I could see @Gilbert Khaliland his FJ drifting, kicking up lovely dust plumes in my rear view :)

@PaoloMaraziti, you were the perfect SL. I took a lot of notes from following you in. At times I put too much faith in my machine crossing ridges like you did but forgot that mine is a much heavier car. You live and learn. For the refusals I've put the rest of the convoy through, my apologies.

@MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ, your guidance today has been quite the learning experience. Thank you for providing the feedback. 

And finally, thank you again to the Marshal & Muhammad for showing me how to deal with a pop-out. My first one ever and knowing you guys were around didn't make me nervous for a second. This is a lesson that's going to come in handy again I'm certain. I should have stayed more on the left of that ridge and powered through but alas, it's only when you go over do you realize where the limit is.

Thank you all for a great drive. I think we covered 54km today which is the longest I've done so far. And with enough sand in the cabin and my hair, I feel so pumped right now :)

See you all on the sands again soon!

Edited by munkybizness
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Appreciate the good drive @Tbone, and support from @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ and @Anoop Nair

I enjoyed the cooler than expected weather, and a generally flowing drive. Thanks @Tareck for the galley photos, and @PaoloMaraziti for the recovery video - always adds a different perspective from another angle/camera/position. 

Looking forward to the next drive! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, PaoloMaraziti said:

@Tbone @Gaurav because of the attempt to switch on my side, I ended up not being on the system roster for this drive therefore it has not been "credited" to my drive list... if there's an easy way to add it, it'd be great, otherwise nevermind, I did have fun !

Done

Important Information

Terms of use