•  

Carnity’s Spotify List

Frederic

On 8/17/2021 at 10:43 AM, Srikumar said:

hahaha....Thanks Fred for introducing me to Spotify. I love the soft rocks of 70s and 80s like Bee Gees, Dire Straits and yes, I absolutely love the Eagles with one of my favorites being The Last Resort.

But with the Indian music collection improving on Spotify, my current playlist are old Hindi songs from the Black and White Days of the 50s and 60s, where poetry, lyrics and the singer's voice were given more importance than the music. That was a time when you would have singers going through an entire song in a single take with a live orchestra. In Hindi songs, my all time favorite singers are Mohd. Rafi, Mukesh and Manna Dey. 

In Instruments, one of my favorite Indian instruments is the Santoor. Try listening to the music of Shiv Kumar Sharma's Spirit of Kashmir in the early hours of the day. It transports you to another world. The sound of the running water at the start is so amazing.

https://open.spotify.com/track/4IlPJeZ7wWAb7uIy9dblYN?si=wKlCeeHjQhamChW3pAFsbw&utm_source=copy-link&dl_branch=1

Nice...Spirit of Kashmir has been a long time fav...try Zakir Hussain and Shiv Kumar Sharma's jugalbandi, available on Spotify....tabla with Santoor is just an awesome combo....

Btw my go to desert (early morning) is usually FM...always running to be on time so don't get much to choose music..😂 while coming back it gotta be some heart thumping Punjabi music ..need to keep that adrenaline pumping and Desi vibes on, before i reach home and crash on bed.. .😉

Edited by varunmehndiratta
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

45 minutes ago, varunmehndiratta said:

Nice...Spirit of Kashmir has been a long time fav...try Zakir Hussain and Shiv Kumar Sharma's jugalbandi, available on Spotify....tabla with Santoor is just an awesome combo....

Btw my go to desert (early morning) is usually FM...always running to be on time so don't get much to choose music..😂 while coming back it gotta be some heart thumping Punjabi music ..need to keep that adrenaline pumping and Desi vibes on, before i reach home and smash on bed.. .😉

Where is the bhangra emoji when you need one?! Some of my passengers over time have complained that I listen to "truck* driver music" - not sure what that means (of course I do). I've been behaving because I would never hear @Gauravon the radio ;) 

*The indian definition of a truck - an F150 doesn't count :D image.png.6c8317c5b8a387c55fff997f95871473.png

Edited by munkybizness
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

7 minutes ago, munkybizness said:

Where is the bhangra emoji when you need one?! Some of my passengers over time have complained that I listen to "truck* driver music" - not sure what that means (of course I do). I've been behaving because I would never hear @Gauravon the radio ;) 

*The indian definition of a truck - an F150 doesn't count :D image.png.6c8317c5b8a387c55fff997f95871473.png

Hahaha...We need to be on same drive sometime with Radio On.... First time went on long drive with wife she almost divorced me...😂😂  Bindrakhia and Miss Pooja weren't romantic enough for her...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

6 minutes ago, varunmehndiratta said:

Hahaha...We need to be on same drive sometime with Radio On.... First time went on long drive with wife she almost divorced me...😂😂  Bindrakhia and Miss Pooja weren't romantic enough for her...

Done deal! We should strategically place ourselves so everybody hears the broadcast 😛

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Finally after 3 pages, I can read my type of music ref - bhangra and punjabi music. Thanks Varun and Mayank.

I kept quiet so far, as not to get judged same as Niki mentioned. I would listen to thumping music (Desi or Eng, doesn't matter) or nothing at all, since last few months its been nothing as one of the front speaker has a buzzing noise from sand or something.

Last time I used these music apps were seriously lacking with my choice of music. Happy to try them again if anything has changed recently.

@munkybizness and @varunmehndiratta I'm married to Gujrati girl and first few years were difficult for her too as all clubbing choice were my type, but then she started enjoying it too. Now she listen to her radio with headphone when we go out (easy fix), lol.

• Haha (+1) 7

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

51 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Finally after 3 pages, I can read my type of music ref - bhangra and punjabi music. Thanks Varun and Mayank.

I kept quiet so far, as not to get judged same as Niki mentioned. I would listen to thumping music (Desi or Eng, doesn't matter) or nothing at all, since last few months its been nothing as one of the front speaker has a buzzing noise from sand or something.

Last time I used these music apps were seriously lacking with my choice of music. Happy to try them again if anything has changed recently.

@munkybizness and @varunmehndiratta I'm married to Gujrati girl and first few years were difficult for her too as all clubbing choice were my type, but then she started enjoying it too. Now she listen to her radio with headphone when we go out (easy fix), lol.

Spotify is surely good...you can find it all from Chamkila to Arif Lohar and what not...(if going crude so let's go the whole nine yards) 😂 I think Anghami is better for Arabic, limited on English and Indian music. @Shehab Alawadhi may be able to advice better on that though.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, varunmehndiratta said:

Spotify is surely good...you can find it all from Chamkila to Arif Lohar and what not...(if going crude so let's go the whole nine yards) 😂 I think Anghami is better for Arabic, limited on English and Indian music. @Shehab Alawadhi may be able to advice better on that though.

See Spotify has Arabic music, but you have to type the song name in English and the spelling is all over the place, so I just bought YouTube premium and made my life easier. I use Spotify for on road and normal days, and YouTube for off road since I can download the songs like Spotify. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Great topic! 1 to 3 are my favorite while driving to / from meeting points, then 4 and 5 are albums and what my son calls "sand music" because is what I play as soon as we get on sand.

1. Clavado en un bar - Maná (México)

2. Que bonita es esta vida - Jorge Celedón (Colombia) 

3. The gambler - Kenny Rogers 

4. Cinematic Middle East - Alex Golding

5. A Wish - Hamza El Din (Egypt)

I don't have a Spotify account, my daughter is helping on this while rolling up her eyes 🤣

• Haha (+1) 2

• 2 months later...

@imranaasghar81 @munkybizness @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil @Wrangeld @Enrico Biscaro thanks for your superb songs and contributions to our list !

To start the Winter season, i will now clear the list and invite you, and the other Carnity members, to add a few of your favorite winter songs, with the intention of having the Carnity Playlist to be the ultimate companion on the camping evenings.

Looking forward to your contributions !

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

On 8/17/2021 at 7:42 AM, Frederic said:

Brings me to “Eagles”.. there’s a certain fellow with a green manual gear 4x4 that loves cruising to Sweihan blasting them through his speakers 😃

@Srikumar

Tonight’s Sweihan Night Drive will be Hotel California but John Wick guns blazing in the background 😂😂😂

• Haha (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use