•  

COVID19 Compliant - Intermediate Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 19 Aug 2021

Wrangeld

1 hour ago, varunmehndiratta said:

@Wrangeld we meet at 5:30am? 

See you all tomo. 

That's what is said in the drive details, so it must be true.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Wrangeld said:

I am changing the start point for tomorrow to https://goo.gl/maps/k25SyvHDgbm4KbTp8

It's a short convoy so I will give out the convoy order as we leave. 

Apologies in advance: I had intended to use this drive to give my Pajero a shakedown, but it's not ready so I'll be driving the Jeep instead. The constraints on that are:

1. I don't drive it that much so it might take a moment to refamilarise myself
  2. It's Marjan's car and I cannot take it back broken (again)

I am sure we will have fun and have a great drive, what ever. 

See you soon in the sand.

Thanks @Wrangeld , does that mean will have a Pajero shakedown drive afternoon 🤣, or it will be Friday morning along with the drive?

2 minutes ago, Wrangeld said:

That's what is said in the drive details, so it must be true.

Yes Sir, noted Sir...🖖😃👍

Just checked as usually we start intermediate drives a bit early...see you there.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, varunmehndiratta said:

Yes Sir, noted Sir...🖖😃👍

Just checked as usually we start intermediate drives a bit early...see you there.

As advertised this is intended as a quick early morning blast. It's not going to be a 4 hour extravaganza as we have work after.

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Wrangeld said:

As advertised this is intended as a quick early morning blast. It's not going to be a 4 hour extravaganza as we have work after.

All gears greased up and ready to boooom...😃👍

• Like (+1) 1

Post Drive Report

Thanks for the great drive this morning. Incident free, free flowing, well paced and losts of varied and different challenges. 

We navigated a small patch of Qudra dunes that are rarely visited  - which is why there are no tracks - so got the chance for a lot of virgin sand driving [or at least I did at the front of the convoy!].

As it often is these days in Quda - soft, soft sand. 

As it traditionally is on my drives - technical dunes - where everyone did really well. There has been a msssive improvement in the capabilities of the Carnity drivers to handle small technical dunes since we started to lead drives that spent more than a few minutes in them and everyone did really well there today. 

Covering 44km with the amount of technical we did is no mean feat. 

Thanks for coming along and playing your part. 

See you soon in the sand. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Many thanks @Wrangeld for the week day drive, short and quick, but really good and enjoyed. Warming for the weekend drives. As mentioned, all were floating on sand, without issues to mention, despite the sand softness. Weather was really good and temperature was much lower than previous days. Look forward for more week days drives and see you soon.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use