•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Lisaili Long Range Dunes - Dubai - 28 Aug 2021

Fantastic drive @Lorenzo Candelpergher I enjoyed it, I wouldn’t say a walk in the park for me, I felt I was being tested to see if I could Maneuver my car through all the sharp crests and in between all the tight dunes, and eventually I did get stuck 😂. I guess I’m too used to Area 53/Fayah/Fossil Rock where there is a lot of space for error. Other than that I enjoyed the drive, and the weather wasn’t actually that bad especially earlier in the morning, I noticed @Luca Palanca Falsini was driving with his windows down. 
Great job everyone and see you all soon inshallah 💪🏽

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Really really good drive you really kept us on our toes Lorenzo. Matt who was ahead of me drove like a legend as always and my passenger despite getting motion sickness is off to purchase a pajero if anyone has any recommendations ie swb / lwb I'll pass the message on 

Thanks all much love and have a fantastic week 

Imran 

• Like (+1) 6

Thanks @Lorenzo Candelpergher @Luca Palanca Falsini and @Yousef Alimadadi  for the beautiful drive. Soft sand and irregular long range dunes at Lisali, as always, ensured that we were all always awake and fully attentive through the drive.  Apart from initial hiccups through the tech zone and late in the drive,  some mystical tyre spirits suggesting us to exit, the convoy did very well. 

Sorry for being a bit late in the morning (snooze button is always dangerous 😃), thanks  @Lorenzo Candelpergher for support in deflating ensured that we still managed to move on time..

Hope to see you all soon. 

.  @Lorenzo Candelpergher@Luca Palanca Falsini

• Like (+1) 7

Thank you @Lorenzo Candelpergher for such a detailed report. You covered all subjects and as you said  all of us had a great fun today with eventual refusals, stuck and pop-out. 
thank you @Luca Palanca Falsinifor such a great support and thank you all for showing up on time and helping each other when there was a refusal. 
hope to see you soon all on the sand again😊

• Like (+1) 6

Lorenzo is back ! 😅

Thank you @Lorenzo Candelpergher @Luca Palanca Falsini @Yousef Alimadadi for the drive and support, really enjoyed every part of it, and made my best to follow you tracks and make it easy for the rest of the convoy. It was both inspiring and intimidating to have so many experienced drivers in the convoy. Thank you all for your patience whenever I had refusals or a flat tyre 😅

Apparently the tyre is okay. no more leakage but I am still driving on the spare. Will put it back today.
That flat tyre made me realize I need a better toolbox in my car and showed me again how nice and friendly of a community @Carnity is :)

Nice video @PaoloMaraziti:))

Have a lovely week everyone !

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Alain Canivet-Abikhalil said:

Lorenzo is back ! 😅

Thank you @Lorenzo Candelpergher @Luca Palanca Falsini @Yousef Alimadadi for the drive and support, really enjoyed every part of it, and made my best to follow you tracks and make it easy for the rest of the convoy. It was both inspiring and intimidating to have so many experienced drivers in the convoy. Thank you all for your patience whenever I had refusals or a flat tyre 😅

Apparently the tyre is okay. no more leakage but I am still driving on the spare. Will put it back today.
That flat tyre made me realize I need a better toolbox in my car and showed me again how nice and friendly of a community @Carnity is :)

Nice video @PaoloMaraziti:))

Have a lovely week everyone !

Just some advice, same situation happened to me, I was driving in the desert and suddenly the tire went flat. I inflated and it was all ok. Fast forward 1 week again same issue. I then come to find out my rim was dented and when I was deleted air would slowly leak. Go get your rims checked. Since the tire is at 35psi there won’t be a leak because of the pressure, but at low psi’s if your rim is dented leaks will happen. 
@Lorenzo Candelpergher remembers this situation 😂 it was an area 53 drive.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Lorenzo Candelpergher thanks for awesome drive yesterday. It was may first drive with you and looking forward to more drives with  you.  First time I went to this area and those long dunes are perfect to have fun. Thanks for the support from @Luca Palanca Falsini @Yousef Alimadadi and our SL @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil and all the members. Always happy to drive with you guys. See you soon on sand. Have a nice week. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

It was an awesome drive as usual with you @Lorenzo Candelpergher, Thank You! A big shout out to @Yousef Alimadadi and @Luca Palanca Falsini for keeping the flock together and helping the recoveries. The initial bit of the drive was a nice warmup with technical dunes, and the fun began when we reached the long-range dunes, where everyone did exceedingly well without much trouble. It was a re-run of my very first drive with @Lorenzo Candelpergher on 17th April afternoon Intermediate drive. 

In the rear end of convoy few of us did not seem to have any issues, maintaining radio silence, but that doesn't mean we were not in trouble. It's just with more experience one learns to recover with little effort and without breaking the momentum of the drive. It will be a matter of time when everyone driving with @Carnity having more drives under the belt will get that experience.

@Matt.T was excellent during the drive - had almost a flawless drive in his Jeep. Congratulations on your promotion, it is well deserved.  @imranaasghar81 had to loop a few times but didn't face any issue that couldn't be handled easily. I had 2 half chances to slip off the edge but managed. I am getting increasingly comfortable with the lift and the wider tyres, and the setup is helping navigate the dunes much more comfortably and confidently. @varunmehndiratta behind me was cool as cucumber and there was nothing that was going to break his streak.  @Shehab Alawadhi was targeted to be stuck at any cost (:D) - he manged to remain unstuck for most of the time but at the end he ran out of luck.

As rightly coined by @Shehab Alawadhi the "Lisaili Garage" where we had to work upon three cars with tyre issues - had one more car in it which was not evident at that time: mine. I inflated one of the tyres by a couple of psi in "Lisaili Garage". Sand got into it and was leaking air over the weekend - had to get it cleaned today.

This is the link to map of my Gaia GPS recording. Hope to see you all soon in many more drives.

• Like (+1) 4

don't drive like its your last one.

Important Information

Terms of use