•  
Advertise here

Before and after lift kit

Ilya

29 minutes ago, Ilya said:

I am up for any test (it should be quite funny)! I have JLU with Mopar 2 "(so Fox shocks) + Coopers 305/17/70. It makes sense to compare, of course, similar cars (JLU) with similar tires sizes. Or we can find another JK

A few months ago I also suggested doing a climb battle for stock tires vs 285/305/315, but looks like stock jeeps are not willing to participate in these competitions 😆

Friendly test to find the clear winner with a sensible approach is always welcome and healthy.

On the other hand naming challenge / competition / battle will bring the ego to play that will def result in broken cars, suspension, drive shaft, radiator, axles, foundations, bushings, fried transmission or engine (been there done that). This is the sole objective of most other off-road clubs backed with off-road garages to maximize the damage and sell one after the other off-road products and upgrades.

@Kailas experience is a living proof that there is no replacement of "skills" (mentioned above) than strapping ton of products and expecting stock cars to climb moreeb from stand still.

Once you settle down (content) with what you have then only you will start practicing and improvising on your skill set that do take time to hone but once mastered you will really shine bright.

• Like (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

• 2 months later...
On 9/8/2021 at 8:46 PM, Roy Armale said:

I've researched this stuff to death and am simply writing the info and experience of others, I am not experienced enough to give a personal view.

1. The lift kit helps a wrangler, but is a little misleading because the lift happens above the differential because we are on fixed axels. That means the tire size is the lift (ground to differential)
  2. I regret my Fox 2.0 shocks. Yes, monotube is good, but if you're spending the money on shocks, get a bypass, even if it's a cheaper brand. The desert is all about multiple small/medium vibrations, which is the opposite of rock crawling and a tuned bypass outperforms the big brands.
  3. Larger tires means less power. If you get 35s with anything less than 4.11 (default Rubicon) you will struggle a lot. There are plenty of guides online about that to check (changes by engine and transmission)

Those are just things to keep in mind while you do your research.

Hi @Roy Armale,

I am planning my lift at them moment and I remembered that there was a comment to exchange fox 2.0 to go with bypass shocks. Roughly bypass (dependent on brand) are double the price of the monotubes. How would you rate your experience after changing? Is it worth it?

Regards, Felix

Here is the extreme winter mode. Superb experience, also the car is much lighter and faster

IMG_2699.JPG

Essential was to buy mirrors (in Amazon all come from the US, so 2 weeks waiting time). These I've got for 120 aed, shity quality (had to work with needle files), but work!

IMG_2700.JPG

Edited by Ilya
  • Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1