•  

Absolute Newbie Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 03 Sep 2021

Vanessa8580

1 hour ago, Vanessa8580 said:

@Felix Obst @Arijit Bhattacharyya @Kenneth Stenlund @BHANU PRAKASH VISHWANATH @Javid_DXB @Neil Jarman and @Gerrit Bus

Looking forward to meet you all tomorrow morning.

Below you can find the convoy numbering

Absolute Newbie Drive Al Qudra 03 sept 2021
Attendees Level Car   Pos #
Vanessa8580 Marshal Mitsubishi Pajero LWB Blue   1
Felix Obst Absolute Newbie Jeep Wrangler JLU White 2021   2
Javid DXB Absolute Newbie Nissan Patrol   3
Bhanu Prakash Viswanath Absolute Newbie Mitsubishi Pajero 2014   4
Arijit Bhattacharyya Absolute Newbie Nissan X-terra   5
Neil Jarman Absolute Newbie Jeep Wrangler 2door Green 1995   6
Kenneth Stenlund Absolute Newbie Toyota FJ Cruiser 2021   7
Gerrit Bus Absolute Newbie Jeep Gladiator   8
Mehmet Volga Advance Mitsubishi Pajero LWB  

We will be using radio channel 1 (446 00625) for anyone who is bringing their own radio, don't worry if you do not have a radio yet, I will be bringing spare radios that you can use.

I hope to see you all tomorrow morning at 6am sharp !

Thank you Vanessa. I don't have a radio just yet. 

Thank you to all for getting me out of the desert this morning following my mechanical retirement from the drive. It was good fun and I learned a lot in a short space of time - my favourite being Mehmet's steering wheel wiggle. I'll be at the garage tomorrow and back on the sand inshallah 😃🙏

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

19 hours ago, Vanessa8580 said:

@Felix Obst @Arijit Bhattacharyya @Kenneth Stenlund @BHANU PRAKASH VISHWANATH @Javid_DXB @Neil Jarman and @Gerrit Bus

Looking forward to meet you all tomorrow morning.

Below you can find the convoy numbering

Absolute Newbie Drive Al Qudra 03 sept 2021
Attendees Level Car   Pos #
Vanessa8580 Marshal Mitsubishi Pajero LWB Blue   1
Felix Obst Absolute Newbie Jeep Wrangler JLU White 2021   2
Javid DXB Absolute Newbie Nissan Patrol   3
Bhanu Prakash Viswanath Absolute Newbie Mitsubishi Pajero 2014   4
Arijit Bhattacharyya Absolute Newbie Nissan X-terra   5
Neil Jarman Absolute Newbie Jeep Wrangler 2door Green 1995   6
Kenneth Stenlund Absolute Newbie Toyota FJ Cruiser 2021   7
Gerrit Bus Absolute Newbie Jeep Gladiator   8
Mehmet Volga Advance Mitsubishi Pajero LWB  

We will be using radio channel 1 (446 00625) for anyone who is bringing their own radio, don't worry if you do not have a radio yet, I will be bringing spare radios that you can use.

I hope to see you all tomorrow morning at 6am sharp !

Thank you @Vanessa8580 and @Mehmet Volga was a great ride today. Thank you for your support and patience! Was a Great team today looking forward to the next drives. See you all in the sand! Have a great weekend!!!

• Well Done (+2) 1

Hi

we had an awesome drive in the absolute newbie and both Our Marshal and Mehmet were helpful, provided good knowledge and also had the patience. I specially enjoy the Mother Nature in its true form and loved the Dunes. It was like a dream of myself driving in the dunes. Understood the capability of machine Pajero abs happy to have bought it. 
thank you Carnity for this wonderful experience. Looking forward for many more such rides.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

It was a pleasure to meet you all this morning and you all did amazingly well for first timers ! We had a minimum of refusals and stucks despite the quite challenging track. I had a very good time and I hope you all enjoyed your first drive in Carnity club. 

Moving forward you all will be joining the Newbie drives and not an Absolute Newbie drive. Drives are announced every Sunday at 11 am, and they go live on Sunday at 7:00 pm. Due to the high demand, these drives get full in about 10 minutes, so please be online at 7 pm to book your spot. If you miss a spot, put your name on the waitlist asap. Generally, by Thursday with dropouts everyone does get a spot if they have waitlisted. 

For the next drives, please bring along a deflator, pressure gauge, flag and radio as a minimum. 

• Learn to deflate your tires and checking them precisely
  • Learn to fix a flag on your car
  • Learn to program and fully charge your radio

Also you can  join the Carnity Whatsapp Drive Notification to get the latest updates on the drives, so that you can RSVP on time for the next weekend's drive.

Please have a look at below topic which describes the tools needed for every level. There is a separate tutorial inside which explains which radio we recommend and how to program them: (Please do not buy the Baofeng 888S spare radio we gave you, as these cannot be programmed without a special cable and software).

Please have a look at below grading structure that explains various off-road levels:

See you all soon again in the sand ....

On 9/3/2021 at 10:15 AM, Neil Jarman said:

Thank you to all for getting me out of the desert this morning following my mechanical retirement from the drive. It was good fun and I learned a lot in a short space of time - my favourite being Mehmet's steering wheel wiggle. I'll be at the garage tomorrow and back on the sand inshallah 😃🙏

Hi @Neil Jarman, any update on your Jeep? Did they fix it already? Have a great week!

4 hours ago, Felix Obst said:

Hi @Neil Jarman, any update on your Jeep? Did they fix it already? Have a great week!

Thanks @Felix Obstshe's fixed and I'm hoping to pick up the old girl from the garage later.

Not a mechanical issue as such but I haven't been able to replace the rear tow ball with a hook just yet as I'm told the part isn't available locally at the moment. any suggestions or alternatives would be very welcome. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Neil Jarman said:

Thanks @Felix Obstshe's fixed and I'm hoping to pick up the old girl from the garage later.

Not a mechanical issue as such but I haven't been able to replace the rear tow ball with a hook just yet as I'm told the part isn't available locally at the moment. any suggestions or alternatives would be very welcome. 

Hi Neil, 

I recommend Offroad Zone. My experience with those guys was always great. 

Regards, 

Felix

Important Information

Terms of use