•  

Absolute Newbie Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 03 Sep 2021

Vanessa8580

Join us to explore Al Qudra Desert to find what's beyond Qudra lakes

And learn the art of offroading in a versatile playground for your first off-road adventure.

You will learn to self-drive your vehicle from experts having decades of off-roading experience in the UAE. This area offers a good mix of playable long set of dunes and broad ridges to practice your off-road skills slowly but surely.

AN drive 3 SEP 2021 sm.jpg

Drive is open for all 4x4/4WD/SUV/AWD vehicles having

• 8-10 inches of ground clearance and (MANDATORY)
  • Front and rear tow hooks (MANDATORY)

What you'll learn:

• Introduction to off-roading.
  • Desert driving basics and etiquette.
  • Desert driving tips, techniques, myth and best practices.
  • Off-road and safety gear familiarization and recovery procedures.
  • Vehicle orientation, risk analysis, deflation and outdoor safety advice.

First time with Carnity Off-road Club:

• Please share your vehicle details - Make, Model, Year.
  • Do you have any prior off-road experience?
  • Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks / eyelets.

Why should I join?

• We will teach you how to self-drive off-road safely and learn the best offroad driving and recovery techniques.
  • If you have already driven in sand before then you can learn more from experts having decades of offroading experience in the UAE.
  • This area offers a good mix of playable long set of dunes and broad ridge to test your off-road control.

Can my vehicle do this ?

• This drive is open for all 4x4/4WD/SUV/AWD vehicle having 8-10 inches of ground clearance and front and rear tow hooks. If in doubt please first announce your questions on the drive thread so we can advise you further.
  • Any stock 4x4/4WD are most welcome, you don't need any vehicle modifications.

Can I bring passengers ?

• Yes of course, but if you are absolute new to offroading it is better to drive alone first to avoid any distractions.

Learn More About: Carnity Off-road Club

Join button.jpg

STRICTLY: For ABSOLUTE NEWBIE who are driving for the first time with Carnity.

MUST READ AND CLICK TOTALLY AGREE ON THE BELOW COVID19 PRECAUTIONS TOPIC

Join button.jpg

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

Drive Details

Level:  Only for "ABSOLUTE NEWBIES" or first timer with Carnity Off-Road Club

When:  03 September 2021, Friday.

Meeting time: 06:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting  Point: https://maps.google.com/?q=24.818832,55.255631

Type of Car: Any 4x4/4WD/SUV/AWD with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Tire deflator, pressure gauge and compressor, Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 10:00 AM

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 12 new members only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 5PM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list
  • Latecomers or members who are not on the RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please cancel you RSVP if you cannot make it, so your spot can be taken by others.

Join button.jpg

Please RSVP on below calendar 

• Like (+1) 1

• Gaurav changed the title to Absolute Newbie Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 03 Sep 2021

Good morning @Felix Obst @BHANU PRAKASH VISHWANATH @Gerrit Bus @Arijit Bhattacharyya @Neil Jarman and welcome to Carnity Offroad Club !

I am looking forward to meeting you coming Friday morning. In the meantime please send a small introduction here below with the following:

1) Which 4x4 are you driving ?

2) Do you have any prior offroading experience ? If so please indicate where and what..

3) Is your 4x4 equipped with front and rear towpoints ? This is a necessity and they should be in perfect condition.

For your first offroad drive it's sufficient to bring a pressure gauge and tire deflator so you can deflate your tires before heading into the sand. If you have more offroad tools please also bring them along. A compressor to inflate your tyres will also be necessary as we are exiting near a petrol station that has no compressor.

Please watch the below Absolute Newbie briefing video below as this contains all the essential information to prepare yourself for your first offroad drive:

When it comes to tools, we have the following article:

Please use this topic to raise your questions, doubts, queries. We are here to help !
  • Like (+1) 1

Hi @Vanessa8580,

1) Jeep Wrangler JL unlimited (sport) 

2) off-roading since 1 year in UAEs deserts (about 20 drives), including a negative experience, now I want to start small again and learn how to master these situations

3) 2 front (Jeep stock), 1 back (also stock) 

4) recovery tools, flag, radio, gauge, compressor on hand

looking forward to meet you soon!!!

Edited by Felix Obst
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Vanessa8580 said:

Good morning @Felix Obst @BHANU PRAKASH VISHWANATH @Gerrit Bus @Arijit Bhattacharyya @Neil Jarman and welcome to Carnity Offroad Club !

I am looking forward to meeting you coming Friday morning. In the meantime please send a small introduction here below with the following:

2) Do you have any prior offroading experience ? If so please indicate where and what..

3) Is your 4x4 equipped with front and rear towpoints ? This is a necessity and they should be in perfect condition.

For your first offroad drive it's sufficient to bring a pressure gauge and tire deflator so you can deflate your tires before heading into the sand. If you have more offroad tools please also bring them along. A compressor to inflate your tyres will also be necessary as we are exiting near a petrol station that has no compressor.

Please watch the below Absolute Newbie briefing video below as this contains all the essential information to prepare yourself for your first offroad drive:

When it comes to tools, we have the following article:

Please use this topic to raise your questions, doubts, queries. We are here to help !

Hi Vanessa,

1) Jeep Gladiator JT. 

2) Absolutely none. 

3) Yes. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Hi Vanessa

Looks like we might be on track for a Jeep-fest:

1) Jeep Wrangler YJ 1995 Manual

2) Absolutely none - I signed up for a absolute newbie drive back in June just after I bought the car but withdrew as I didn't feel comfortable enough driving the car 

3) yes 

In terms of tools, the previous owner left lots of things in the rear door but I have no clue what most of them are but know I have a deflator, pressure gauge and compressor.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Hi Vanessa

1) Mitsubishi Pajero 2014 

2) Absolutely none - I signed up for a absolute newbie drive after hearing from my friend who joined last year and very much excited on this new journey. 

3) yes 

In terms of tools, a deflator with pressure gauge,potable compressor, flag, Radio, gloves, showel. Most importantly lots of enthusiasm to learn on this new journey.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Good morning @Kenneth Stenlund and welcome to Carnity Offroad Club !

• Like (+1) 1

@Felix Obst @Arijit Bhattacharyya @Kenneth Stenlund @BHANU PRAKASH VISHWANATH @Javid_DXB @Neil Jarman and @Gerrit Bus

Looking forward to meet you all tomorrow morning.

Below you can find the convoy numbering

Absolute Newbie Drive Al Qudra 03 sept 2021
Attendees Level Car   Pos #
Vanessa8580 Marshal Mitsubishi Pajero LWB Blue   1
Felix Obst Absolute Newbie Jeep Wrangler JLU White 2021   2
Javid DXB Absolute Newbie Nissan Patrol   3
Bhanu Prakash Viswanath Absolute Newbie Mitsubishi Pajero 2014   4
Arijit Bhattacharyya Absolute Newbie Nissan X-terra   5
Neil Jarman Absolute Newbie Jeep Wrangler 2door Green 1995   6
Kenneth Stenlund Absolute Newbie Toyota FJ Cruiser 2021   7
Gerrit Bus Absolute Newbie Jeep Gladiator   8
Mehmet Volga Advance Mitsubishi Pajero LWB  

We will be using radio channel 1 (446 00625) for anyone who is bringing their own radio, don't worry if you do not have a radio yet, I will be bringing spare radios that you can use.

I hope to see you all tomorrow morning at 6am sharp !

• Thanks (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use