•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Area 53/Around - Sharjah - 3 Sep 2021

Chaitanya D

Dear friends 

@YazGayed @Joji varghese @eldose baby @MANOJ NAIR @salah2u @Hilal Sharafudeen @Mohamad Anwer
@Rsjiv Samuel @Alfred Alinazar @Senthil Kumar

what a lovely day and truly I was still bit skeptical despite all preparations to bring you in an area which is thought to be softy in sand , demanding in focus and “ handy “ in maneuvering . But I have to say after today with the meticulous selection of route , area and on top of that your adherence to the basics and effective communications I can say area 53 can be of fun even for a Newbie drive. All and all you have done very well and this is a testament to your passion to drive and learn this art as we all do in the Carnity tribe.

special mention to to our support team  @Veedooshee who drove flawless as a second lead as well as @Alex Raptor who spared no  effort in helping , instructing , fixing and in one time rerouting very nicely. @marks it’s nice to see you after a long time and thanks for watching our back.

last but not least huge thanks to my colleague and friend Doctor Chaitanya @Chaitanya D  for this beautiful day. Your briefing and lead was Awesome as usual . 👍🙏

Cheers 
pict in gallery 

relive below 

Edited by M.Seidam
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

1 hour ago, MANOJ NAIR said:

Thank you all, it was a nice drive with lots of challenges. Thank you @Alex Raptor@Chaitanya D@M.Seidamall in drive for great support.

Apart from a nicely managed refusal and a pop-out you drove very well today . Well done 👍 

Edited by M.Seidam
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

2 hours ago, YazGayed said:

Thank you everyone for today. Car has been dropped at workshop and will hopefully be back soon :)

I hope your grand Cherokee gets better soon , you remind me of my first ever drive in sand where I nose dived getting my ( condenser/radiator) busted and the red coolant leaked. I figured it out the hard way and here we go the sand bug effect was stronger than to just let go . 
wish you all the best. 🙏👍

• Like (+1) 5

Drive Report:20210903_080711.jpg

Great to see all members signed up arriving ahead of time, deflating and prepping ready to go . We had a quick briefing, very interactive one and off we headed into an area - Area 53 which is generally explored by more experienced members.

I had the blessing of some excellent support by @Veedooshee (2nd lead to perfection), @Alex Raptor, @M.Seidam and @marks who were fantastic in advising and assisting the refusals and a pop out fixed in record time. Always great to catch up with few of them whom I met after a really long time. Thank you for your support friends!🙏

We at Carnity never encourage any businesses or garages , and especially on drives at the meeting, during the drive or exit points. Please bear in mind that at public places when someone approaches you for this, take it with caution as it is beyond my or support members control at times to avoid this.

We had a slow start into some areas which warmed you all up, probably a bit too much for your car @YazGayed. Really sad to see that leak from your radiator , due to which you had to exit early. Till then you drove and did some wonderful self recoveries. We would like to see you back on sands soon. @MANOJ NAIR recovered his Pajero from a tricky side stuck situation beautifully under the able guidance of @M.SeidamOnce back with the convoy after exit, we explored heading towards the bigger dunes and bowls to get a feel of what was about to come as you progress in your drive levels. We had more refusals there and at one point @Alex Raptor presence of mind to hold back the convoy immediately was fantastic as I had to loop back coming down from a soft churned up dune . After @Veedooshee cleared these , the 3rd @Joji varghese and 4th  @eldose babyhad refusals there . Great to see you both recovering well from that soft patches by some quick steering maneuvers and gear changes . @Joji varghese you bought back memories of another friend @Jolly Abraham who drives a 4 cylinder 2.7 Fortuner beautifully.

We all did some practice in a small , not so steep bowl to get a feel of what you will be doing more often in future . Keeping the pace and using the momentum is the key. The three patrols (Y62 monsters) stacked up showed hardly any issues , wonderful to see how you all managed so well @salah2u, @Hilal Sharafudeen and @Mohamad Anwer. @Rsjiv Samuel, @Alfred Alinazar and @Senthil Kumar driving at the back managed well considering the fact they were on churned up sands. @marks ably guided cars in front of him who needed some assistance in self recovery.

All the situations - softer sand, bowls , refusals, stucks , self recoveries, size of dunes , bowls and everything we did on this drive increase tremendously in proportions , effort, concentration needed and the intensity for you and your car as you progress through the levels ahead of Newbie for more adventures and thrilling drives with Carnity. We encourage you all to enjoy the journey learning slowly , improvising and progressing in your levels. This is a hobby and we all want you to learn it in the safest possible manner.

Some fantastic pictures are uploaded in the Drive Gallery- thanks to @Veedooshee, @M.Seidam, @Mohamad Anwer.

Newbie - Area 53 - Sharjah - 03 Sep 2021 - Carnity.com

Members who have completed the required number of drives can apply for promotion on line to Fewbie level

Off road Club Grading Structure V.2.0 - Discussions - Carnity.com

Enjoy your week at work and see you all sometime soon.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Important Information

Terms of use