•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Area 53/Around - Sharjah - 3 Sep 2021

Chaitanya D

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie and Above

When:  3 Sep 2021, Friday.

Meeting time: 5:30 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: 

https://goo.gl/maps/LdEjQdBufXo2Dq4q8

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 9:00 AM, 3 Sep 2021, Friday

THIS IS A COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE. WE WILL  ENDING THE DRIVE A POINT, WHICH IS NOT CLOSE TO AN AIR LINE. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A COMPRESSOR, PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS DRIVE. IF YOU ARRIVE AND HAVE NO COMPRESSOR YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE. 

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 12 cars only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 3:00pm
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

Please RSVP on the Calendar below

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Dear friends

Thanks for signing up on this drive, which was planned since long . A bit of a challenge to take a newbie convoy in an area famous among offraoders and generally kept for Fewbie or above levels. Do not get intimidated by the sheer sight of big dunes, tall slopes, bowls and super soft sand. Not to forget some crazy drivers/convoys zipping past.

Considering the fantastic sign ups - as listed above, with support from @M.Seidam and @marks (good to see you after a long time) we will be hoping to have a fantastic time. We will wait till Thursday as to how everything will shape up in terms of drop outs / adjustments to balance all the drives at Carnity.

Please prep your cars and make sure they are in the best of their conditions for this challenging terrain. Come prepared with a good nights sleep, lot of patience as I/we expect to have a good share of recoveries /rerouting/ redirecting happening. Please do review the newbie video and remember stick to the basics. 

@Veedooshee @Alex Raptorand @Senthil Kumar bring in a lot of experience too on this drive and I hope to involve them in a way which will be helpful to all.

Enjoy your week at work!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Dear Friends

Please note your positions for tomorrow

image.png.834fb9bc680d555cf59629aceed952a3.png

@Veedooshee, @Alex Raptor, @M.Seidam and @marks are the senior members on this drive to help with advises and recovery. Please listen to them

Please bring your mandatory gears - off road flag, deflator, shovel and a programmed radio without which you will not be allowed to drive.

Radio channel will be 3.

Meeting point is updated as below

See you all tomorrow for some fun in a challenging area.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

58 minutes ago, Alex Raptor said:

@Chaitanya D Hi is the location correct? I'm getting a roundabout in Al Madam, 

EDIT - its now showing by Big Red, it was a google brain fart

Screenshot 2021-09-02 at 18.36.13.png

dear @Alex Raptor. I have corrected the location as below on my PC . Not sure what was the technical glitch as I entered it from my Android mobile phone.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

That was a lot of fun, thanks everyone. Everyone did amazingly well in this challenging area, and gives you a taste of things to come. Not one tug today, all self recoveries, very impressive. Hope you get the car sorted @YazGayed . Great idea to fill the air tanks with Nitrous oxide, that would be very funny, I will leave that with @M.Seidam and @Chaitanya D to requisition suitable supplies!!! Enjoy your weekends. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

22 minutes ago, YazGayed said:

Thank you everyone for today. Car has been dropped at workshop and will hopefully be back soon :)

Yes, it was great to see you self recovering from the refusals for the time you drove wih us.Well done @YazGayed

Rest well, get it fixed and I hope to see you back prepped soon. 

1 hour ago, Alex Raptor said:

That was a lot of fun, thanks everyone. Everyone did amazingly well in this challenging area, and gives you a taste of things to come. Not one tug today, all self recoveries, very impressive. Hope you get the car sorted @YazGayed . Great idea to fill the air tanks with Nitrous oxide, that would be very funny, I will leave that with @M.Seidam and @Chaitanya D to requisition suitable supplies!!! Enjoy your weekends. 

Totally agree @Alex Raptor, fantastic driving for the little challenges thrown . Great convoy discipline and coordination too.

Yup, we will plan some laughter drives with that monster tank filled with nitrous 😜🤣

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use