•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Iftar Bowl - Sharjah - 03 Sep 2021

Gaurav

5 minutes ago, Rjducos said:

Confirmed from my side too

Hi, I just want to mention I will be on my Toyota Fortuner V6 4.0 L black (in case you need to know)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Please find your convoy numbering below.

In case of emergency you can reach me at 050 5258706.

UPDATE: Radio channel will be 5 - 446.106-25

Please be mindful of "RIFADAH EXIT" as you must get on service/side road early to get that exit.

@Niki @Damien Ranjit @JamesThorn @S Jacob @Naveen Raj @Tareck @Brette @munkybizness @Richard Franks @Rjducos @Ben84 @Hisham Masaad

1 Gaurav Crew Silver Pajero
2 Niki IM FJ Cruiser 2021 Black
3 Damien Ranjit Fewbie 2014, Nissan Pathfinder - R51 - Silver
4 JamesThorn Fewbie 2020 Lexus LX570 Black
5 S Jacob Fewbie 2013 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.5 - SWB - White
6 Naveen Raj Fewbie 2008 Mitsubishi Pajero 5 door Gray
7 Tareck Fewbie Nissan Patrol Y62
8 Brette Marshal 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Black
9 munkybizness Fewbie 2021 Y61 Nissan Patrol SS - LWB - White
10 Richard Franks Fewbie 2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, red
11 Rjducos Fewbie Toyota Fortuner V6 4.0 L black
12 Ben84 Fewbie 2020 Jeep Wrangler - Rubicon - 4 door
13 Hisham Advisor Fj black 4 door 2010
  • Like (+1) 7

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Still playing back what I could have done better up that climb but nonetheless, it helps that I've been able to rewrite the last memory I have of Iftar Bowl from 10 years ago. This time the lag will be shorter :)

@Niki thank you for the very flattering, and not so flattering photos 🤣

You see the small specks of your beasts and realize how big this hill really is: 

@Gaurav + @Niki

@Naveen Raj + @Tareck

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Cannot leave a drive like this without a post-drive message! 

@Gaurav massive thanks for the trip!  You trying to 'down-sell' the drive didn't work for our sign ups but maybe some other groups read that, as it felt we had Iftar bowl as our playground for near 45 mins with minimal interruption!! 

Immensely grateful to @Brette and @Hisham Masaad as i can fully understand why this area is usually the domain of FB+/Int, so many potentially opportunities to split convoys and forced re-routes etc.  None of which happened today and much of that is to the quality and discipline of convoy but also these two in support!  

Amazing performance by everyone!  not a single driver (either 1, 2nd or more attempts) was left without concurring the bowls and i learnt so much watching you all and appreciate @Gaurav marshalling us to the top and down safely each and every time!! 

@munkybizness special shout out to you, having learnt after the ride the experience you had near 10 years ago!!! Even more impressive that you kept re-attempting each time taking the council of the leads and getting to the top! onwards and upwards for you now! 

The suspension test track for a few KMs was a brilliant end to a great morning and we were all envious of @James Thorn with his air suspension at that point!

hats off to all the drivers - I got a lot of confidence and learning watching you all as it has helped me out of my comfort zone (i have previously avoided drives with big climbs :) ) 

I tried to get a few pics of each and every car  ( gallery ) at Iftar Bowl 

See you all on the dunes soon! 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use