•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Drive - Lisaili - Dubai - 4 Sep 2021

Wrangeld

Great drive @Wrangeld, all “technical” promises delivered as per pre-drive posts and briefings 😀!

Yes, looking back at the period from my absolute newbie drive with you, up until today, it has been a very satisfying journey with @Carnity and the amazing leads and marshals .. I still remember the ABN drive where at the very first small side slope , when my car tilted to 45 deg, I totally blanked out and just went over the dune instead of taking a curve and coming down. I could hear the concerned voice of @Shamil on the radio asking  me whether I was OK 😅. Btw..not seeing much of Shamil these days 

Thanks to @Ale Vallecchifor the sweep support, another marshal who has had a pivotal role in shaping up my off-road journey , with Carnity…indebted!!

and @Hisham Masaad our Mr. Q springing into action with his heavily gadgetised FJ, and winching out @Wrangeld from a tight spot.

Good to drive with all familiar faces @Zixuan Huang - Charlie following me, hope I did not make life difficult for you, me following 3 SWB cars , the lines in front of me were pretty deceiving 😀

@Chinthaka Ruwan on his way to IM shortly, @Alain Canivet-Abikhalilalso following suit…

@Humayun Ghias thanks for the help in airing up, …I have one of the slowest compressors in town 😀

@PaoloMaraziti, @Looper

@darren thompson we meet again.

the new faces for me were @Werno our 2L and @Pancho who I understand was an active part of Carnity some time back, I remember seeing a drive posted as a sent off to him, while rummaging through the records on the forum…

hope to see you both also soon in future drives…

looking forward and coming back for more!!!

Edited by Sunil Mathew
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 2

I always loved your briefings (specially the old version) @Wrangeld and all your detailed trip reports.. but I love this one the most as it summed what @Carnity is all about.. it’s not about off-roading, adrenaline rush, escaping stress, etc.. it’s about humans, relationships, standing by and grooming each other and leadership which you put beautifully in this amazing story of @Carnity

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 5

Thanks @Wrangeld for the excellent drive. This is my second drive with you and both drives are great.  Still remember Baja Style drive we we did last time. Thanks @Werno for the excellent second lead also our seniors @Ale Vallecchi and @Hisham Masaad for the great support and advices. All the other members are really familiar faces from newie level and always good to drive with you guys. See you soon. Have a nice week ahead.  

• Like (+1) 2

Thanks @Wrangeld for another enjoyable drive through the dunes, it's always challenging to navigate the Raptor through the technical dunes but always very rewarding to manage it successfully. 

Thanks @Ale Vallecchi and @Hisham Masaad as always for the support throughout the drive, I think I have driven with @Hisham Masaad more than any other person in Carnity and everytime its enjoyable. 

Echo your thoughts on the wider group and the growth you can experience, having only been a member since April its been an enjoyable journey so far and looking forward to it continuing. 

Big thanks also for putting on a Saturday drive, with the new sports season for the children starting escaping on a Friday is going to be very difficult so good to see Saturday drives being hosted. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

Important Information

Terms of use