•  
Advertise here

I am the Newbie one…

Felix Obst

On 8/29/2021 at 3:03 PM, Felix Obst said:

Hi all, my name is Felix and I joined few hours back. I fell in love with off-roading about one year ago and collected a lot of drives and experiences since then. Unfortunately, one of them was not that great. I had a roll-over in January at the well-known iftar bowl. I was driving up the dune and decided too late to break up was too slow when I turned the wheel and rolled down the dunes with my boys at the backseat. Luckily it was a Jeep and we all survived without an injury but shocked.

Needless to say, that the car was a write-off. I did some drives till then, but the experience is not the same, even if I know what went wrong, I see now dangerous situations everywhere in the desert. That’s how I found you – I love the drives that much, but I want to do it right and learn it from scratch again. My new ride is again a Jeep Wrangler but not with the same lift etc. I want to restart small and eat the elephant piece by piece. 

Looking forward to a lot of rides and adventures! 

9A07DDD9-FF15-4AB5-A2DB-EF0898AD3AF5.jpeg

IMG_1772.jpeg

IMG_1344.jpeg

Thanks for sharing @Felix Obst - great to hear you and boys are good and are/have moved forward emotionally. Sounds like you're in the right frame of mind to make a comeback - congrats, and see you in the sand! 

• Like (+1) 3

Welcome @Felix Obst . Glad to know you are past what happened unfortunately and everyone was safe.

Life always throws up these little challenges, and especially difficult to bounce back when you had kids with you too. Rest assured you are in the right bunch of people who always believe in doing it the right way as much as possible. Take your time and stay safe

• Like (+1) 4

@Zixuan Huang - Charlie @topgear @Gaurav @BHANU PRAKASH VISHWANATH @Enrico Biscaro @Niki @Gregory @Chaitanya D thank you for all your positive feedback during my first hours of membership, I was thinking about joining since several weeks now and it feels like the best one possible for future adventure in the desert! What a great community, cannot wait to meet you and socialize (in accordance with the Covid protocol of course).

• Like (+1) 3

Hi @Felix Obst 

First of all I would like to welcome you to Carnity off road club. I can assure you , after one year and a bit in here , you are in the place where the “ elephant is eaten piece by piece “ 😉 and Safety is an Absolute prime with no tolerance of compromises . 

Being vigilant is not the same of being hesitant and that you already had realized it by foreseeing the possible dangers of this inherently risky hobby . 
together with the best knowledge and experience and adherence to the desert  lows and Mother Nature ( gravity is the biggest )  we can enjoy it to maximum.

I look forward to drive with you , sometimes I also bring my little one as he is no less than his dad for the desert passion 😄

image.jpeg.3b6164989a4747be8fe2a348e7c4d81a.jpeg

• Like (+1) 4

@M.Seidam thank you for the nice words! It feels great to be part of the community - I can feel a special mindset here and hope this will be the same during the drives. I’m really looking forward to my first drive tomorrow. I will start bringing my kids again they love the desert and can’t wait to go on their next ride. For the first one I do not want to bring them to be totally focused. Hope to meet you soon on a ride! 
have a great weekend! 

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/29/2021 at 3:03 PM, Felix Obst said:

Hi all, my name is Felix and I joined few hours back. I fell in love with off-roading about one year ago and collected a lot of drives and experiences since then. Unfortunately, one of them was not that great. I had a roll-over in January at the well-known iftar bowl. I was driving up the dune and decided too late to break up was too slow when I turned the wheel and rolled down the dunes with my boys at the backseat. Luckily it was a Jeep and we all survived without an injury but shocked.

Needless to say, that the car was a write-off. I did some drives till then, but the experience is not the same, even if I know what went wrong, I see now dangerous situations everywhere in the desert. That’s how I found you – I love the drives that much, but I want to do it right and learn it from scratch again. My new ride is again a Jeep Wrangler but not with the same lift etc. I want to restart small and eat the elephant piece by piece. 

Looking forward to a lot of rides and adventures! 

IMG_1772.jpeg

Good luck with your come back, and if you don't mind me telling where is this spot, i will love to go there. Thanks 

• Like (+1) 1