•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Khatam - Sharjah - 10 Sep 2021

Brette

12 hours ago, Ahmed Wagdy said:

Great @Brette , i am in.

@Ahmed Wagdyyou have been added to the drive. 

@Ajit Johnstill waiting for you to confirm. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Drive RSVP is now closed. 

Convoy order below.

Please go through the tutorial videos and make sure your cars front and rear tow hooks are in order.  Hope all of you also have the required gear for the Newbie level drives. No gear = no drive. 

See you all tomorrow morning at 5:45AM sharp and we will be using Radio channel 2, 446 031. 25.

1 Brette Jeep Grand Cherokee Lead
2 @Joji varghese Black Fortuner 2nd Lead
3 @FSt Frank Wrangler  
4 @salah2u Y 62  
5 @Ashy Jeep Grand Cherokee  
6 @eldose baby LX White  
7 @Ahmed Wagdy FJ CF
8 @Enrico Biscaro Silver SWB Pajero  
9 @Alexander Holodny Montero Sport  
10 @Adam James LR Defender  
11 @Rsjiv Samuel FJ  
12 @Sanjay Malik LC Blue  
13 @Rizwanm2 X Sweep

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Brette said:

Drive RSVP is now closed. 

Convoy order below.

Please go through the tutorial videos and make sure your cars front and rear tow hooks are in order.  Hope all of you also have the required gear for the Newbie level drives. No gear = no drive. 

See you all tomorrow morning at 5:45AM sharp and we will be using Radio channel 2, 446 031. 25.

1 Brette Jeep Grand Cherokee Lead
2 @Joji varghese Black Fortuner 2nd Lead
3 @FSt Frank Wrangler  
4 @salah2u Y 62  
5 @Ashy Jeep Grand Cherokee  
6 @eldose baby LX White  
7 @Ahmed Wagdy FJ CF
8 @Enrico Biscaro Silver SWB Pajero  
9 @Alexander Holodny Montero Sport  
10 @Adam James LR Defender  
11 @Rsjiv Samuel FJ  
12 @Sanjay Malik LC Blue  
13 @Rizwanm2 X Sweep

Hi @Brette - apologies for the late notice but I’m going to join the fewbie drive tomorrow morning as it’s my first one. I had originally put my name down on both waitlists but a space just opened up, so going to join that one. Hope to catch you soon

Thank you @Brette for leading the drive and safely expanding our boundaries.

What I have learn today.

1. When traction control kicks in on a climb or on a ridge you loose momentum and you can only go where gravity takes you, down. Do not fight gravity Folks. 

2. Tiptronic in my car is not quick like the imaginary Ferrari I have in my imaginary garage, so better get momentum in 2nd gear and keep car in second. During my 3rd failed attempt to climb in 1st gear, I also observed that, even in tiptronic, the car shift form 1st to 2nd after a while (probably when MAX RPM is reached). It does not do this when in 2nd. Maybe if you push it it does it, but for this particular dune, 2nd gear was the magic one. 

3. When you have a refuse and need to climb down, go straight. You do not want to be parallel to the max inclination. Rolling is not fun, I hear.

4. Always check your traction control. For some reason the car put it back on without me noticing and I got a refusal because of that.

All in all after my 5th newbie drive + 2 courses I hope I can join a newbie drive next week. I know know the lift and the skid plate can take a hit :-)

Thank you all. 

• Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

@Brettecan you please remind me where one applies for a level change? This was my 5th newbie drive and I am looking forward to some more steep dunes :-)

32 minutes ago, Enrico Biscaro said:

@Brettecan you please remind me where one applies for a level change? This was my 5th newbie drive and I am looking forward to some more steep dunes :-)

@Enrico Biscarojust realized there is a link on the post above with the convoy numbering that I put up last night. Just go to the 'required gear' link  and you will see the tab to apply just below the Fewbie requirements. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/10/2021 at 3:02 PM, Enrico Biscaro said:

image.png

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

On 9/10/2021 at 12:55 PM, Enrico Biscaro said:

When traction control kicks in on a climb or on a ridge you loose momentum

Hi @Enrico Biscaro yes and if you remember at the AN brief about this moment which you feel it’s coming like we all felt it through climbing the off-road ladder . There is no way to off the traction control and the ABS totally , as they are coupled , unless you kill it by pulling fuses or install the kill switch . This is important as you don’t want to lose momentum while doing long sidy or when attacking the slip face or while riding the ridge and criss crossing as all these manoeuvres are coming at Fewbie and Higher levels gradually . 
I am sure you will be doing great the more you drive and learn 👍

Edited by M.Seidam
  • Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use