•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Pink Rock - Sharjah - 10 Sep 2021

Vanessa8580

16 minutes ago, Mikhail Lukichev said:

Hello @Ale Vallecchi!

Can't find myself in the convoy numbering :) could you please check?

Thanks! 

Hi @Mikhail Lukichev. You are right. You will drive in front of Jeepie. Sorry for my mistake. See you tomorrow.

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

Tawi Nazwa to Big Red - Drive Report

Take time like the river. Keep going and steady. No hurry, no rush. - Rumi

On a terrain scarred by an infinite number of previous drives, through a multitude of convoys, the drive progressed like a river: steady, with no hurry or rush, from Tawi Nazwa to Pink Rock and beyond all the way to Big Red.

Great display of patience and resilience by all Newbie drivers, with the most critical time coming in and around Pink Rock, mostly due to soft sand pockets, and the presence of too many convoys, which forced us to redirect a few times, and to choose some more challenging tracks to get around our obstacles. In terms of the more difficult maneuvers, the ascent and crossing of the mighty fossil formation was accomplished with minimum fuss and delay, and the navigation of the lower reaches of the tall dune formations toward the exit ("The Big Dune Near Big Red". and Big Red itself) went remarkably smoothly, in spite of these being the most trafficked, and marked, parts of the drive. Convoy discipline, on which we insisted during the briefing was excellent, as was the application of all technical skills throughout the drive. Everybody drove progressively better, improving their feeling with their vehicles, and learning from their previous mistakes, if any were made.

A very commendable performance by all members: @Felix Obst, @Daniel Fernandez, @Simon Hope, @Ramandbx, @Mohamad Anwer, @Daniel Rodas and @Mikhail Lukichev with a virtually clean score, followed by @Gerrit Bus, @Ferl Brown and @Jins John, who managed to overcome the challenges they encountered throughout the drive. Very well done by everybody. Special thanks to @Alfred Alinazar for his well executed Second Lead, and especially to @Alexander Alcalafor his tireless efforts at supporting the front part of the convoy, as well as to @Jeepie Marijan, returning to the sand with an excellent  Sweep. 

Congrats to all for completing 35 km, driven in 1:33 of moving time, at an average moving speed of 22 Km/h

Thanks to all for coming. I share all your best wishes with @Vanessa8580, for her prompt recovery and return to the sand. See you soon out there.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thanks to Ale and the rest of the team for a great drive. It was my first drive back after a long summer break, and it didn’t take me long to remember why I love desert driving, and why I’m sure Carnity is the right club for me. There is a fantastic balance of pushing to learn new skills, but in a supportive and safe environment. Cheers 

72E32CF1-F2E4-447E-B3E0-8798CDF9E838.jpeg

And here’s a great shot of Alex’s well appointed Jeep

C26EE0D8-483D-414B-9FE1-B34D74A6D906.jpeg

• Like (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use