•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - GO TRUCKERs! - Dubai - 11 Sep 2021

Islam Soliman

Well that was pretty awesome!!!!!! We covered a good distance, had a perfect mix of technical and flowing dunes, but the highlight of the day had to be crushing the ridges, what a blast, that was top fun. Kudos to the guys behind me, I deliberately kicked up the sand in a few places and you all handled it admirably. Ridiculous sand conditions today, even the flat bits were uber soft in places. Few refusals and tugs, but nothing major, a great chance to hone your skills.  I hope your thumb heals (blame the oven like sand) and the Tahoe gets fixed soon @Darren Brooke. Huge thanks to @Islam Soliman for this one, loved it. See you all soon

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thanks @Islam Soliman for the wonderful drive - as always long range dunes in Qudra offered the well needed weekend adrenaline rush.., being at end of the convoy with @Alex Raptor  raptor blasting off all the ridges and dunes on its way further expanded the experience 🙂🙂

We had our share of stucks/refusals however considering the challanges that terrain offered (incl the extended drive period thanks to nvr ending expansion works at MBR Solar Park) the convoy did really well. 

@Ehab believe it was our first drive together. Your red wrangler looked awesome and your really rocked the drive. I don't think you had even a single refusal today. 

@Nihal17 you handled the wrangler really well through the terrain.  Try cutting down on gas a bit when on long ridges. From what I could notice you were dislodged off the ridge by little bumps - cutting down on gas would improve your control and anchor yourself a bit on other side...

@Danish Mohammad  You know your vehicle well and know that it leaves you with very little margin of error, a minor change in line of approach might help cover that gap. 

That is how far I could assess fron Sweep position 🙂. Overall a super fun drive and look forward to see you all soon. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Great drive today! Good company, amazing location and these ridges were awesome. 

Thanks @Islam Soliman for some great lines, and overall great training. Definitely have to do another trip there soon :)

@Alex Raptor thanks for the help today and always good to have a raptor roaring behind me :)

@varunmehndiratta Top job with the sweeping at the back!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thanks @Islam Soliman for the beautiful ridge riding this morning! Combined with the super soft conditions and the technical portions around Solar Park, it made a complete and challenging drive. 

All the convoy handled very well the proposed challenges,  thanks @Alex Raptor and @varunmehndiratta for the assistance. @Darren Brooke, I hope your car will be fit for the next drive !

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Thanks you so much @Islam Solimanfor this super drive, it was good learning in those very soft, technical dunes.

Specially on the long ridges it was real fun which i hope everyone enjoyed a lot (as there was silence on radio means everyone was enjoying the ridges :) 

So thankful to @JeromeFJ @Alex Raptor and @varunmehndiratta for your full support, appreciate your team work.

Thank you @Zixuan Huang - Charlie @Darren Brooke @Chris Wing @Ehab @Nihal17  for joining and making  this drive successful.

Some pictures are added in galley   

Take care, Stay safe !! Will see you in next drive.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Dear @Islam Soliman Please accept my heartiest congratulation for completing your 100 drives. I respect you for working so hard to earn this success and wish you great success in your future endeavors as well.

Regards...

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Congrats on achieving the 100 drives @Islam Soliman!! 

And thank you for the trucker drive this week, I knew what was coming and had been excited for it. Could have enjoyed a lot more if there weren't overheating issue and the back pain.

Driving behind @JeromeFJ  was really enjoyable.

and thank you @Alex Raptor for helping the recoveries and being the flawless CF.

didn't see much at the back but often heard @varunmehndiratta's warm confirmation that it's all good at back untill at the end  when @Danish Mohammad had to take over the SW due to a radio faliure .

till next time!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use