•  

Afternoon Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - M&M Drive: Margham to Murqab - Dubai - 7 Sep 2021

Ale Vallecchi

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and strictly follow these guidelines.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie plus and above 

Meeting time: 2:30 PM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://maps.app.goo.gl/VbRSo14QDmzDqFDt7

Action Plan: Still searching to mix and match different routes, this time we'll start with the red sand bowls near Margham, and we'll end (Inshallah) with the golden sand dunes of Murqab. In between, the technical route leading toward Sky Dive, the long range dunes and sabkhas of Lisaili's, and another bit of technical dunes before reaching our planned exit point. Faster speed will be what we are looking to maintain throughout the drive, weather we'll be snaking through tight dunes, or criss-crossing taller ridges.

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 6:30 PM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 10 cars maximum. RSVP will close on Monday - 9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members that do not confirm the terms of the COVID requirements will be removed from the RSVP list.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Ferl Brown said:

@Ale Vallecchi This will be my 4th Drive ever, The subject of this drive says "Fewbie Plus" I am unsure if I am allowed to attend as I am a newbie. 

Definitely not, as Fewbie Plus is a level of drive for Fewbie Plus and above rank of offroaders.

You can go through this off-road structure to get familiar with various off-road ranks we have.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

22 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Definitely not, as Fewbie Plus is a level of drive for Fewbie Plus and above rank of offroaders.

You can go through this off-road structure to get familiar with various off-road ranks we have.

Hey Mate, @Gaurav Thanks for sharing the structure. I guess only newbie drives for me :-)

• Like (+1) 2

Dear Desertnauts.

Nice to get back to our Midweek drives. In line with such past drives, we'll look into a route which mixes parts of other tracks, connecting dots to draw a new itinerary, carved especially for our afternoons' explorations.

The meeting point will be off the road connecting E66 and E44, just past Margham's village (our first "M"), through an open fence, on the left side of the road. From there we'll launch into the red sand bowls overlooking Nazwa (to the eastern side), then we'll turn back to cross the technical dunes in the direction of Lisaili. Once completed this first half of the drive, we'll cross underneath E66, to reach Lisaili's long range dunes and eastern sabkhas, and from there we'll search for the gap through more tight cordons that will allow us to arrive in Murqab (our other "M").

The convoy is quite experienced, and will line up as follows:

@Alain Canivet-Abikhalil in Second Lead

@Aus Alzubaidi in #3 place

@Senthil Kumar will be #4

@PaoloMaraziti at #5

@Hisham Masaad in Center Forward

@Sunil Mathew will be #7

@Rawad at #8

@darren thompson will drive at #9, while

@Alex Raptor will Sweep.

The meeting time has been set at 2:30 PM, in light of slightly lower temperatures and shorter days. Please reach the meeting point a bit earlier, so we can move speedily. The radio channel will be chosen on the spot.

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow. Have a nice evening.

• Like (+1) 5

Sorry @Ale VallecchiI'm still not cleared to drive yet after the surgery. I guess i was too excited to read the post and participated by mistake. I haver removed myself from the drive, sorry about the inconvenience. 

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 1

Just now, Niki said:

@Ale Vallecchi would it be possible to add me to the drive with confirmation tomorrow?  I am still trying to negotiate the calendar to join 🙏🏽

Sure @Niki. Just let me know. Thanks

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use