andy_mcadxb @andy_macdxb Fewbie Mistubishi Pajero LWB Y 7
Mehmet Volga @Mehmet Volga Expert Mitsubishi Pajero LWB Y 8
Richard Franks @Richard Franks Fewbie Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Y 9
Aisha S @Aisha S Fewbie Jeep Wrangler SWB Y 10
Adam James @Adam James Fewbie Land Rover Defender 1997/Toyota FJ Y 11
Jason Grima @Jason Grima Fewbie Jeep Wrangler Rubicon LWB Y 12
Christopher Assal @Christopher Assal Fewbie Nissan Patrol Super Safari LWB Y 13
Niki Patel @Niki Intermediate Toyota FJ Cruiser Y 14

Driving in Murquab is just like making love to a beautiful woman ....

Location is now in the drive post

Please accept my deepest apologies. Due to unforeseen circumstances, I will not be able to make it to today’s drive. 

Good morning guys, really sorry for not being able to join to this drive! I’ve got battery issue and couldn’t run the car this morning, so frustrating! Apologies one more time, hope you understand! 
Thanks 

How good was that? Really enjoyable drive great route and stellar performance. It was tricky in places. Ridges caught me out a couple of times. Thanks to @Wrangeld and @Mehmet Volgaand @Niki for the support. Some pictures in the gallery.  Dad jokes made a brief return. They will never be silenced. See you all soon 

• Like (+1) 5

Post Drive Report

How good was that, indeed! What an awesome drive everyone. Murquab to Last Exit. 55km. Laughs along the way (well, at least I did!). Brilliant combination of long range, technical and slowing dunes. Incredible teamwork and flawless convoy discipline. Arriving at Last Exit exactly on time. 

Everyone should be proud of themselves. I did not make it easy, lots of criss crossing and ridge riding, some nice side sloping and some technical elements. A couple of excellent self recoveries, and the few occasions when help was needed nothing too serious. 

Callouts to @Mehmet Volga @Niki for their recovery support and @Alex Raptor in 2nd lead (more challenging than it looks when you drive a big truck like that). 

See you soon in the sand. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 2

@Wrangeld that was a ‘Richards Greatest Hits’ drive …. All your signature moves - radio silent first third, surprise technical middle run and closing with a faster pace joy ride!  Combine that with the puns, dad jokes and tv references … you can officially tick all the boxes!  

super convoy, great support from @Mehmet Volga  and special kudos to @Alex Raptor as being a SL in the raptor, following richard with his mid-pun reroutes cannot have been easy!  

• Like (+1) 7

Great drive today!!! Loved it ! All for the banter too! 

Very supportive group! Thanks leadership team @Wrangeld @Niki @Alex Raptor @Mehmet Volga ! 

• Like (+1) 4

Thank you @Wrangeld@Niki@Alex Raptorand @Mehmet Volgafor this amazing drive with plenty of technical dunes. @Wrangeldalthough I did not catch all your jokes, my step son in the car enjoyed them tremendously, loving what he called a sensational “50 years old virgin humour”, sorry I had to report that one ! Thanks for the ride and for the fun !

• Haha (+1) 8

Cheers @Wrangeldwhat a fun drive! My first one back from becoming a daddy last month (I need to work on my match fitness). Technical and tight in places and a bit of air every now and then (I'll get repairs done eventually) Thanks to @Mehmet Volgafor your support and to @Nikifor tirelessly watching over the flock. Special mention to @Alex Raptorfor chiselling the tops off of all of the mountains for me, it was like following a road roller and made my Friday drive a Sunday drive!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

Excellent drive welcoming me back to the sand after a long and lazy summer! Thank you @Wrangeld for our first pain-free drive from the beginning. Hope to continue this pace

I was a kind of lazy CF today since @Alex Raptor and @Niki didn't leave me much to do. Thank you both!

Amazing drivers in the convoy with only a few stucks and refusals which have to be some in each drive for fun! Congrats @Warren Flay @Pierre de Maigret @Chris Meir @Richard Franks @Christopher Assal

Special callouts to our fresh fewbies @Adam James and @Jason Grima. Unbelievable performance at the tail of such a convoy! Bravo!

See you on the sand again  

Edited by Mehmet Volga
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use