•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Tawi Nazwa - Sharjah - 10 Sep 2021

Kailas

Thanks @Kailas, my first fewbie and it rocked.   Enjoyed  the pace and the challenging terrain. Looking fwd to joining you again. 

(by the way I did not see that your changed the time to 5:45am).  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

A Fewbie on the ridge  

One of the hallmarks in this club is meeting new people . It was pleasure seeing new faces today. The route from Tawi to pink rock was at ease and warming up . The practice to ride the ridge in a selected short segment was doable at this drive level and impressive that every one got the chance to feel it and remember speed and momentum are not the same as control while on the ridge with keeping the proper  momentum is key to master this piece of art in sand off-roading . Surprisingly all did well giving the fact for some it was first fewbie drive . Excellent 👍 

after climbing pink rock and heading toward big red through the in and out progressive ascending bowels is one of the best areas for practicing at such level . However things can’t go without getting the shovel and rope and the first nice tug was performed very well by our capable sweep of the day @Lawrence_Chehimi redirecting my stuck X sideways , thank you buddy 👍🙏. Additional few refusals and one stuck came in the way which was cleared by our lead @Kailas, @Lawrence_Chehimi and myself as quick as possible . Eventually we arrived to the eastern side of big red where every one got the chance to unleash his passion for the sand climbing . 

it was lovely day despite the heat . Lots of learning and fun I hope you all enjoyed as I did my self very much 😎

Thank you @Kailas for the wonderful lead and guidance .it was real pleasure seeing you after quite a while . 

wish all of you great week ahead till next time .

cheers 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Might be long but it’s good to see it maybe not the best angle though for the recording 😊

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 3

57 minutes ago, munkybizness said:

A little late to the party, but as quoted by the rest of the convoy, thank you @Kailas for such variety in one drive. I've been trying to convince my family members to step out on drives and yesterday, my dad joined me. What were stuck situations of waiting was excellent time to bond with my dad and have him exposed to this new hobby of mine. So to everyone in the convoy, thank you for a great day out :)

@S Jacob, I think you need to take back your comment on your pocket rocket not climbing up peaks. You took it to the top everywhere yesterday. It was so fun to watch from the base.

@Naveen Raj, I've said this before but I'll say it again, watching you drive that Pajero on the limit is inspiring for everybody who wants to learn how to extract every cc out of their engines. You make it look easy but what's really speaking here is your skill.

@M.Seidam, thank you for being around everywhere and advising on all the recoveries and refusals. Your advice is always on point and it gave me so much more to learn and confidence.

@Naim Aoun - that was a great drive! The stucks are part of the game but you rocked that second half giving me a great line to follow :)

@Lawrence_Chehimi - there's so much for the rest of us to pick from your approach angles, the lines you took, throttle management and more. Since you were sweeping, I'm sure many in the convoy missed it but for those of us that caught you climbing, boy what a show!

@Gilbert Khalil - my dad asked me why I didn't get an FJC like you. You were awesome as always. 

@Damien Ranjit - I said this on the first drive we were on together and I'll say this again. You are such a sensible driver.

@Gregory & @Charbel - always cool as a cucumber, you two are! The poise with which you pilot your cars forces me to rethink my throttle management.

@Daniel Yang- your beast is beastly! Those tires may need to lose a couple of inches but beyond that I would chuck out the third row and yes, always stay in 1st gear 😬

All in all, thank you everyone for an event filled drive. See you all out on the sands again soon!

@munkybiznessCarry a fully filled sub tank is also a bad idea😝, i am still learning how to drive on manual mode, for y62 vk56 i just need to maintain keep the throttle around 3000-4000 rpm on auto mode only, but in vtc i feel i really need to kick the gas pedal into the floor on every gear😂 but to listen the tb48 engine roar is also a big part of fun. I believe y61 is pure safari masterpiece period.

Edited by Daniel Yang
  • Like (+1) 1

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Tawi Nazwa - Sharjah - 10 Sep 2021

Important Information

Terms of use