•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 10 Sep 2021

Gaurav

10 minutes ago, Chantelle Williams Allen said:

Also i spoke on the phone earlier today before booking and was told that for our first drive that you guys will provide a radio to communicate and then on the day provide information on where to buy one for ourselves, thank you

Sure will provide spare radio for tomo drive.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Drive RSVP is closed now.

Please find your convoy numbering below.

We will be using Radio Channel 1 - 446.006'25 for tomo drive.

In case of any emergency please feel free to reach me on 050 5258706.

@Salim Akhtar @Muhammed Saeed and @Chantelle Williams Allen you will be getting the spare radio for the first drive. Please watch the Absolute Newbie Video without any distraction.

NO VIDEO = NO DRIVE.

@Karthikeyan Govindarajan @Nabeel Abdul Rahman @Ahmed MATAR @Santoso Marjuki @ShereenMK @John Vanderbleek @Josh T.

1. Gaurav                                   Silver Pajero                
  2. Karthikeyan Govindarajan     2015, Land Cruiser, V6 4.0 
  3. Salim Akhtar                          2017 Mitsubishi Pajero  
  4. Muhammed Saeed               1998 Mitsubishi Pajero - 4 door - Green  
  5. Chantelle Williams Allen       Toyota Tundra TRD PRO 
  6. Nabeel Abdul Rahman          2009, Nissan, Patrol safari, 4 door, black
  7. Ahmed MATAR                      Pajero               
  8. Santoso Marjuki                    2020 Jeep Rubicon-4 door-Blue 
  9. ShereenMK                           2017 mitsubishi montero sport | 2002 LC 100
  10. John Vanderbleek                 2019 Toyota FJ Cruiser Stock Blue        NB
  11. Josh T.                                   2021 GMC AT4 Shaheen Sierra crew cab
  • Like (+1) 2

Trip Report

Hope everyone had a great weekend, starting with such fun-filled and capable convoy riding on Sweihan dunes. I returned to Sweihan after 6 months and I was super happy to see such broad rolling dunes again. As someone prompted (cant recall who) I should better make it good, hope I live up to your expectation.

After first 30 minutes of warm up and testing, I got a good feeling on the cars and drivers are capable, sensible and eager to learn and push. The first phase of drive went on enjoying the huge roller-coaster dunes for maximum fun with controlled pace to keep newbies safe and happy. During the second bit I purposely tried a notch-up and resulted in one refusal and tow rope stuck (quiet normal) that brought the great teamwork out to dig, help and laugh a little with beach party joke ;-).

Last bit was the most exciting part where fewbie scaled the side slope to perfection and newbies tried the smaller U-turn to feel the vehicle dynamics up-close. Everyone did fantastic including 3 Absolute Newbies with great spirit and attitude.

@Salim Akhtar you have done great for your first drive and with more experience you will enjoy your Pajero and off-roading more. Like I said many times during the drive, do not panic when you get stuck or experience any refusal as that blocks the simple instruction processing power and make recovery more difficult and risky. Enjoy the fun and take it easy, everyone get stuck and its absolutely normal and required if you really wish to grow.

@Chantelle Williams Allen (Nick) since I saw you in the morning deflating with great enthusiasm and sitting on the floor, I knew you are a true outdoor person blessed with equally supporting wife. Whenever we see couple doing the chores together we know that this new hobby will take you both to the next level from bonding to even fighting for the steering soon. You did absolutely amazing with your Tundra and continue to enjoy off-roading safely. You may take a little longer time to excel considering long wheel base of Tundra that requires an inch of extra skills, caution and precision to handle, glide and cross through dunes. Nothing scary or alarming but just making a reference so you know where you really need to work hard.

@Muhammed Saeed It was nice to see another Pajero from gone back era still kept in good nick. Your confidence clearly shows your previous experience and calm approach through out the drive. Just keep learning the off-road tricks and keeping a close eye on heat gauge as these Pajero have very little tolerance to hot weather.

@Karthikeyan Govindarajan and @Josh T. thanks for supporting the SL and Sweep critical position with an awesome team spirit and support.

@Nabeel Abdul Rahman @Santoso Marjuki @ShereenMK @John Vanderbleek it was nice to see you all and drive with you to keep a good and confident pace through out the drive.

Looking forward to see you all again on sand.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

@John Vanderbleek @Santoso Marjuki @ShereenMK if you have completed 5 carnity newbie drives you can now apply for your off-road promotion.

You can check your drives from your profile page > drives tab.

https://carnity.com/support

5 minutes ago, ShereenMK said:

@Gaurav can I RSVP for fewbie drive by @Asif Hussain on 17th?

You can only RSVP once you are promoted.

Im still waiting to receive your feedback from all trip leads with who you have driven.

In the meantime, I replied to your promotion request to attach all images of all required off-road gear.

17 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Trip Report

Hope everyone had a great weekend, starting with such fun-filled and capable convoy riding on Sweihan dunes. I returned to Sweihan after 6 months and I was super happy to see such broad rolling dunes again. As someone prompted (cant recall who) I should better make it good, hope I live up to your expectation.

After first 30 minutes of warm up and testing, I got a good feeling on the cars and drivers are capable, sensible and eager to learn and push. The first phase of drive went on enjoying the huge roller-coaster dunes for maximum fun with controlled pace to keep newbies safe and happy. During the second bit I purposely tried a notch-up and resulted in one refusal and tow rope stuck (quiet normal) that brought the great teamwork out to dig, help and laugh a little with beach party joke ;-).

Last bit was the most exciting part where fewbie scaled the side slope to perfection and newbies tried the smaller U-turn to feel the vehicle dynamics up-close. Everyone did fantastic including 3 Absolute Newbies with great spirit and attitude.

@Salim Akhtar you have done great for your first drive and with more experience you will enjoy your Pajero and off-roading more. Like I said many times during the drive, do not panic when you get stuck or experience any refusal as that blocks the simple instruction processing power and make recovery more difficult and risky. Enjoy the fun and take it easy, everyone get stuck and its absolutely normal and required if you really wish to grow.

@Chantelle Williams Allen (Nick) since I saw you in the morning deflating with great enthusiasm and sitting on the floor, I knew you are a true outdoor person blessed with equally supporting wife. Whenever we see couple doing the chores together we know that this new hobby will take you both to the next level from bonding to even fighting for the steering soon. You did absolutely amazing with your Tundra and continue to enjoy off-roading safely. You may take a little longer time to excel considering long wheel base of Tundra that requires an inch of extra skills, caution and precision to handle, glide and cross through dunes. Nothing scary or alarming but just making a reference so you know where you really need to work hard.

@Muhammed Saeed It was nice to see another Pajero from gone back era still kept in good nick. Your confidence clearly shows your previous experience and calm approach through out the drive. Just keep learning the off-road tricks and keeping a close eye on heat gauge as these Pajero have very little tolerance to hot weather.

@Karthikeyan Govindarajan and @Josh T. thanks for supporting the SL and Sweep critical position with an awesome team spirit and support.

@Nabeel Abdul Rahman @Santoso Marjuki @ShereenMK @John Vanderbleek it was nice to see you all and drive with you to keep a good and confident pace through out the drive.

Looking forward to see you all again on sand.

@Gaurav, pretty certain you’ve led way more drives but according to the platform this was #150. Thank you for being an amazing marshal and voice of reason (with jokes on the radio) to me, all the convoys you've led, the marshals you've trained, and this amazing club that you've nurtured. Here's to the next 150 🚀

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use