•  
Advertise here

Nissan Patrol Y61 Tire Upgrades Help & Recommendations

@Gauravi think there some confusion on your part from my last message but I was agreeing (maybe I could of wrote it more clearly) with you and also understand they weren’t in the mkt here for a while. Anyway glad you like them too 😂👍🏾

All my problems get solved fasted on a forum thread, than in real life. Thank you all for the wealth of information you've already shared so far. I'm simply blown away 🤩

I'll get cracking on getting quotes between the Michelin LTX Force & Yokohama Geolandar GO15s. I also need to figure out where to sell off my stock H/Ts. There's barely 6.5k kms on them right now

@Christopher Assal (and @Niki) thank you for bringing in a new entrant that I hadn't even considered. Chris, since you drive an identical car, your experience is the most valuable to me. I definitely want to keep the profile of the Y61 as clean as possible and don't want to turn it into a "monster truck" hahaha. It's one of the reasons why I don't like the BFG KO2s but it came so highly recommended that I included it. Also, thank you for the guidance on the sizing help. I wasn't sure how big to go.

@Gaurav - you know that you instigated this forum post with your feedback on Friday evening :D Thank you for the guidance on helping me narrow this down.

@Mario Cornejo - thanks for the notes on the beadlocks. Will definitely look into them! And yes, suspension upgrades are on the way but I'm just trying to hold out for as long as I can because I just don't think that I've fully exploited how far I can push the stock setup purely because I'm not nearly as good a driver yet.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Recently Michelin bought LTX force back again, and knowing Michelin and LTX (past experience) I was sure it will be worth every penny (as they are quite expensive than Geo).

I will think of this soon as it’s hard to get the Geo nowadays 

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2021 at 6:09 AM, PaoloMaraziti said:

Facebook marketplace worked as a breeze for me when I sold my KO2. I am running the At3 4S now and so far satisfied 

Thanks for this feedback @PaoloMaraziti! I spoke to a few tyre shops this week and most of them have agreed to buy my tyres off of me as they're still quite new. I'll see if they give me good value when the final deal comes to play before going to the marketplace.

When it comes to rims, do you folks recommend holding onto the old rims for a re-sale?

And if I go with beadlocks, do I need to get 5 rims or 4? Sorry, if this seems like a dumb question 😔

Actually, scratch that. I just did some searches and read through some posts on here, and I'm going to put the beadlocks on hold. Will make incremental changes and see if I really need them.

Edited by munkybizness
  • Well Done (+2) 1

15 minutes ago, munkybizness said:

When it comes to rims, do you folks recommend holding onto the old rims for a re-sale?

And if I go with beadlocks, do I need to get 5 rims or 4? Sorry, if this seems like a dumb question 😔

Actually, scratch that. I just did some searches and read through some posts on here, and I'm going to put the beadlocks on hold. Will make incremental changes and see if I really need them.

Stock rims are much safer, stronger and reliable as they are OEM. If ever you get bored and need an upgrade for cosmetic purpose then go with any good brand with reputable name and not fake replicas. Fake replicas will cause pop outs and extremely difficult to fix those pop outs.

If you stick with any AT tire on OEM wheels, you will most likely not require a bead lock as you will only pop-out accidentally like once in a year or two year.

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

38 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Stock rims are much safer, stronger and reliable as they are OEM. If ever you get bored and need an upgrade for cosmetic purpose then go with any good brand with reputable name and not fake replicas. Fake replicas will cause pop outs and extremely difficult to fix those pop outs.

If you stick with any AT tire on OEM wheels, you will most likely not require a bead lock as you will only pop-out accidentally like once in a year or two year.

Thank you for the sage advice, as always @Gaurav 🙏🙏

Aesthetically, I'm trying to keep this car as stock as I can because I like the classic look. So if anything, I would probably prefer to go down to the classic silver rims on Safaris than go to anything bolder. Call me weird, but I even changed my headlight halogens to the warmer 3400k (but way brighter) than the blue-white tone earlier. So this advice helps me a lot more 🤩

11 minutes ago, munkybizness said:

I would probably prefer to go down to the classic silver rims on Safaris than go to anything bolder. 

Gaurav Patrol 06.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

5 minutes ago, munkybizness said:

This gives me all the feels 🤩😍

Only feelsss but no bower

• Haha (+1) 1