Jump to content

Nissan Patrol Y61 Tire Upgrades Help & Recommendations


Recommended Posts

@Gauravi think there some confusion on your part from my last message but I was agreeing (maybe I could of wrote it more clearly) with you and also understand they weren’t in the mkt here for a while. Anyway glad you like them too 😂👍🏾

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi  Im running with the Michelin LTX Force not really tested that much in the region , but has great Australian reviews. When I was less experienced @Gauravcommented  on them being very good. Sin

After looking far and wide for the LTX Force (and comparing costs), I finally pulled the trigger on the Yokohama Geolandar GO15s running the same profile as my H/Ts at 275/65/R17. @PaoloMaraziti,

@munkybizness between the two, I'd use following decision criteria   Cost  Model/Brand/Thread design/weight - e.g. fancy mud terrain are not the best in sand, I know you made your

Posted Images

All my problems get solved fasted on a forum thread, than in real life. Thank you all for the wealth of information you've already shared so far. I'm simply blown away 🤩

I'll get cracking on getting quotes between the Michelin LTX Force & Yokohama Geolandar GO15s. I also need to figure out where to sell off my stock H/Ts. There's barely 6.5k kms on them right now

@Christopher Assal (and @Niki) thank you for bringing in a new entrant that I hadn't even considered. Chris, since you drive an identical car, your experience is the most valuable to me. I definitely want to keep the profile of the Y61 as clean as possible and don't want to turn it into a "monster truck" hahaha. It's one of the reasons why I don't like the BFG KO2s but it came so highly recommended that I included it. Also, thank you for the guidance on the sizing help. I wasn't sure how big to go.

@Gaurav - you know that you instigated this forum post with your feedback on Friday evening :D Thank you for the guidance on helping me narrow this down.

@Mario Cornejo - thanks for the notes on the beadlocks. Will definitely look into them! And yes, suspension upgrades are on the way but I'm just trying to hold out for as long as I can because I just don't think that I've fully exploited how far I can push the stock setup purely because I'm not nearly as good a driver yet.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Recently Michelin bought LTX force back again, and knowing Michelin and LTX (past experience) I was sure it will be worth every penny (as they are quite expensive than Geo).

I will think of this soon as it’s hard to get the Geo nowadays 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2021 at 8:10 PM, munkybizness said:

I also need to figure out where to sell off my stock H/Ts. There's barely 6.5k kms on them right now

Facebook marketplace worked as a breeze for me when I sold my KO2. I am running the At3 4S now and so far satisfied 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2021 at 6:09 AM, PaoloMaraziti said:

Facebook marketplace worked as a breeze for me when I sold my KO2. I am running the At3 4S now and so far satisfied 

Thanks for this feedback @PaoloMaraziti! I spoke to a few tyre shops this week and most of them have agreed to buy my tyres off of me as they're still quite new. I'll see if they give me good value when the final deal comes to play before going to the marketplace.

When it comes to rims, do you folks recommend holding onto the old rims for a re-sale?

And if I go with beadlocks, do I need to get 5 rims or 4? Sorry, if this seems like a dumb question 😔

Actually, scratch that. I just did some searches and read through some posts on here, and I'm going to put the beadlocks on hold. Will make incremental changes and see if I really need them.

Edited by munkybizness
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, munkybizness said:

When it comes to rims, do you folks recommend holding onto the old rims for a re-sale?

And if I go with beadlocks, do I need to get 5 rims or 4? Sorry, if this seems like a dumb question 😔

Actually, scratch that. I just did some searches and read through some posts on here, and I'm going to put the beadlocks on hold. Will make incremental changes and see if I really need them.

Stock rims are much safer, stronger and reliable as they are OEM. If ever you get bored and need an upgrade for cosmetic purpose then go with any good brand with reputable name and not fake replicas. Fake replicas will cause pop outs and extremely difficult to fix those pop outs.

If you stick with any AT tire on OEM wheels, you will most likely not require a bead lock as you will only pop-out accidentally like once in a year or two year.

  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Stock rims are much safer, stronger and reliable as they are OEM. If ever you get bored and need an upgrade for cosmetic purpose then go with any good brand with reputable name and not fake replicas. Fake replicas will cause pop outs and extremely difficult to fix those pop outs.

If you stick with any AT tire on OEM wheels, you will most likely not require a bead lock as you will only pop-out accidentally like once in a year or two year.

Thank you for the sage advice, as always @Gaurav 🙏🙏

Aesthetically, I'm trying to keep this car as stock as I can because I like the classic look. So if anything, I would probably prefer to go down to the classic silver rims on Safaris than go to anything bolder. Call me weird, but I even changed my headlight halogens to the warmer 3400k (but way brighter) than the blue-white tone earlier. So this advice helps me a lot more 🤩

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, munkybizness said:

I would probably prefer to go down to the classic silver rims on Safaris than go to anything bolder. 

Gaurav Patrol 06.jpg

  • Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use