•  

CANCELLED - Afternoon Intermediate Desert Drive - Faya ad libitum - Sharjah - 10 Sep 2021

Drive Brief
The stretch of desert between Faya, the Sphynx, Camel Rock and Fossil Rock offers a great deal of opportunities for off-roaders to roam across a beautiful landscape and to be challenged in a great terrain. This Intermediate drive is designed to take the best of Faya in a non-stop "all-you-can-drive" route that will take the move from S153 Mahafiz - Al Faya Road, will take the convoy wandering around the big Faya dunes, then coasting along the edge of the eastern end of the red sandy dunes overlooking Mleiha mountains via the Sphynx and Camel Rock and further north to Fossil Rock and Tawi Khatimah play-area, from where the route will again head south in a long loop that will will eventually take the convoy out, exiting again on S153. Starting and ending in Faya, we will have every opportunity to get a full immersion among its beautiful dunes, indeed indulging around ad libitum.

Faya.jpg.2611cb29cd6a4a50f43aab7d79cb6f56.jpg

General Infos

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Intermediate and Above (All Levels)

When:  10 Sep 2021, Friday.

Meeting time: 2:00 PM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: S153 Mahafiz - Faya Road - Al Tahady Motor Cycles Rental - https://goo.gl/maps/kBcvN7E2LeAd8y2F9

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm, willingness to learn and your own compressor for tire inflation.

Approximate finish time: 6:00 PM

End Point: S153 Mahafiz - Faya Road - Al Tahady Motor Cycles Rental

Limited Spots Available:

• Limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE BELOW CALENDAR EVENT 

• Like (+1) 1

• Gaurav changed the title to Afternoon Intermediate Desert Drive - Faya ad libitum - Sharjah - 10 Sep 2021

Please waitlist me for this drive. Currently it is the first drive of the week. I’ll however take up a Saturday morning drive. 

• Like (+1) 2

don't drive like its your last one.

Dear Desert Wanderers, 

Thanks for responding to this RSVP, once again fully booked in just a couple of minutes. 

@Arman, @Shehab Alawadhi, @Mario Cornejo, @Lawrence_Chehimi, @Danish Mohammad, @GauravSoni, @Ilya, @varunmehndiratta, @Ranjan Das, @Jorge Stepniak Felippe, you are all confirmed for the drive, which will be supported by @Hisham Masaad

@Looperis waitlisted for 1st drive. 

Looking forward to our drive! 

• Like (+1) 7

Question @Lorenzo Candelpergher it says this is a morning drive, however the meeting time is at 2PM @Arman and I are going crazy thinking which one it is😂. Care to clarify please?

• Like (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, Shehab Alawadhi said:

Question @Lorenzo Candelpergher it says this is a morning drive, however the meeting time is at 2PM @Arman and I are going crazy thinking which one it is😂. Care to clarify please?

dear @Shehab Alawadhi, dear @Arman it is an afternoon drive. The title of the drive was correct, the one in the calendar was wrong but timing and details were correct. Now the title in the calendar has been as well amended.  Sorry for the inconvenience, I had missed the typo. My bad..

Just to make sure everyone gets it straight, I'm tagging all participants:

@Arman, @Shehab Alawadhi, @Mario Cornejo, @Lawrence_Chehimi, @Danish Mohammad, @GauravSoni, @Ilya, @varunmehndiratta, @Ranjan Das, @Jorge Stepniak Felippe@Hisham Masaad

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 3

@Lorenzo Candelpergherhi! Given this new information I am not sure if I can join the drive! I will remove myself and hope to catchup soon. M sure the convoy will have a lot of fun given the location and your drive description!!! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad (0) 3

2 hours ago, GauravSoni said:

@Lorenzo Candelpergherhi! Given this new information I am not sure if I can join the drive! I will remove myself and hope to catchup soon. M sure the convoy will have a lot of fun given the location and your drive description!!! 

Dear @GauravSoni, sorry to hear that. You'll be missed.

@Looper, you are now confirmed. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Good morning @Lorenzo Candelpergher sadly I won’t be able to join this drive, the timing doesn’t work for me as much as I tried to squeeze it in 😂. See you guys on the next one. I’ll remove myself from the RSVP

• Sad (0) 2

• Lorenzo Candelpergher changed the title to CANCELLED - Afternoon Intermediate Desert Drive - Faya ad libitum - Sharjah - 10 Sep 2021

Important Information

Terms of use