•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Mahafiz to Faya - Sharjah - 18 Sep 2021

Frederic

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie and Above

When:  18 September 2021, Saturday.

Meeting time:  05:45AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/fCvvGny1uJpjwJWJ7

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Your Offroad tools including compressor, loads of water, snacks (for yourself), enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 9:30 AM

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 12 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday - 09AM
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

Please RSVP on the Calendar below 

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

On 9/12/2021 at 7:00 PM, munkybizness said:

Please waitlist me, as a second drive.

@Frederic please take me off the waitlist. A close friend has decided to get married on Friday and while I could convince the couple-to-be to test their relationship with this drive, I think that would be asking for too much 😛 

Looking forward to you doing this drive out again soon so I can make it.

• Haha (+1) 2

On 9/15/2021 at 12:09 AM, Adhir Saxena said:

Hi @Frederic - pls waitlist me 2nd drive of the week

Hi @Adhir Saxena i have added you to the convoy list. Please confirm if you can make it.

• Like (+1) 1

DRIVE RSVP IS NOW CLOSED

image.png.61c3c46a5a73613c62e1f54e892fb5ce.png

@Zixuan Huang - Charlie @GratefulKRD @kiranshinde @Marky B@Roy Armale @Mohamad Anwer @varunmehndiratta @Andrei @Daniel Rodas @hasan hamadeh @Melenany @Hisham Masaad

Thanks for signing up for this drive !

The plan is to start in Mahafiz, which is an area that looks quite lush and green with lots of vegetation, but beyond that vegetation you will find one play area after the other. Once we had our fill in that area, we will move on to Faya, which is known for its size and challenging bowls surrounding it. 

We will be using Channel 1 for our communication: 446.006 Mhz. Please tune in when you arrive and start deflation.

Please make sure to bring your Offroad gears. Without a flag you wont be allowed to join us.

See you guys tomorrow ! I will be driving the Big Blue Pajero (Vanessa's car) as mine is in the workshop for some small repairs. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Dear Frédéric,

Thank you for the list update. 

Ki day note, I will be driving another car tomorrow other than my usual Nissan Patrol which I have not driven offroad before. 

The car I will be driving is a Land Cruiser short wheel base, pls find attached picture of the car. 

Kindly let me know, should feel my drive   reconfiguration needs to be reshuffled.  

Thank you and regards,

Mohamad 

Screenshot_20210911-174738_Chrome.jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

3 hours ago, Frederic said:

Hi @Adhir Saxena i have added you to the convoy list. Please confirm if you can make it.

Hi @Frederic.. i have signed up for @Jeepie drive tomorrow as it is closer to where i stay and my afternoon plans.  Kindly remove me from this drive and i hope to drive with you soon again

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Mohamad Anwer said:

Dear Frédéric,

Thank you for the list update. 

Ki day note, I will be driving another car tomorrow other than my usual Nissan Patrol which I have not driven offroad before. 

The car I will be driving is a Land Cruiser short wheel base, pls find attached picture of the car. 

Kindly let me know, should feel my drive   reconfiguration needs to be reshuffled.  

Thank you and regards,

Mohamad 

Screenshot_20210911-174738_Chrome.jpg

Yes there will be reshuffling involved: You will take my Pajero and i will take your beautiful Landcruiser !!😅

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use