•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Mahafiz to Faya - Sharjah - 18 Sep 2021

Frederic

DRIVE REPORT

Gone are the days of roaring up onto Fossil Rock. And I may speak against my own adventure spirit, but I believe fencing off this beautiful area and conserving it for future generations is a good thing. As you have seen in Faya this morning, the amount of rubbish left behind is an absolute shame and makes me truly reconsider my faith in mankind :(

Having said that, we had a blast this morning and went from Mahafiz to Faya, did climbs and loops, and then circled back and exited near Mahafiz mosque. At a brisk pace, where everyone did amazing and the Newbies amongst the convoy have proven their worth totally ! Fantastic done @kiranshinde @Mohamad Anwer @GratefulKRD(Kamal) and @Daniel Rodas

There were lots of cross tracks unfortunately and it felt a bit like arriving at some wedding when only the leftovers are available. Luckily the track from Faya back to Mahafiz was quite clean which allowed us to tickle up the pace a notch. 

With a great second lead @Zixuan Huang - Charlie, excellent center player @varunmehndiratta and the Egyptian kings at the back @Melenany and @Hisham Masaad help was always nearby when needed and the camaraderie was the cherry on the cake.

Lately there has been talk about these DOGE bitcoins. Apparently they will go to the moon. I am not sure about that when I look at my investment portfolio, but after seen the 2dr SuperCharged Landcruiser or @Mohamad Anwer I should have put my bets on his car :) What a beast and how well you controlled it !

See you guys soon in the sand again !

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Thanks @Frederic for the beautiful drive through this awesome terrain.My first drive with you and what a fun drive it was. 

After 3 back to back drives in Qudra's white sand the red sand was a comforting sight. 

In long time was on a drive that ended earlier than planned and radio was rarely used - truly a testament to how well the convoy handled the challanges. 

Thanks all for the lovely drive, hope to see you all soon. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Frederic said:

DRIVE REPORT

Gone are the days of roaring up onto Fossil Rock. And I may speak against my own adventure spirit, but I believe fencing off this beautiful area and conserving it for future generations is a good thing. As you have seen in Faya this morning, the amount of rubbish left behind is an absolute shame and makes me truly reconsider my faith in mankind :(

Having said that, we had a blast this morning and went from Mahafiz to Faya, did climbs and loops, and then circled back and exited near Mahafiz mosque. At a brisk pace, where everyone did amazing and the Newbies amongst the convoy have proven their worth totally ! Fantastic done @kiranshinde @Mohamad Anwer @GratefulKRD(Kamal) and @Daniel Rodas

There were lots of cross tracks unfortunately and it felt a bit like arriving at some wedding when only the leftovers are available. Luckily the track from Faya back to Mahafiz was quite clean which allowed us to tickle up the pace a notch. 

With a great second lead @Zixuan Huang - Charlie, excellent center player @varunmehndiratta and the Egyptian kings at the back @Melenany and @Hisham Masaad help was always nearby when needed and the camaraderie was the cherry on the cake.

Lately there has been talk about these DOGE bitcoins. Apparently they will go to the moon. I am not sure about that when I look at my investment portfolio, but after seen the 2dr SuperCharged Landcruiser or @Mohamad Anwer I should have put my bets on his car :) What a beast and how well you controlled it !

See you guys soon in the sand again !

Thnx @Frederic and team for all your support. Lots of new learning for me today. Thnx for tios and guidance. Looking fwd to do more drives.

Enjoyable drive with beautiful terrain, Thanks @Frederic for taking us today.

the only imperfections are the amount of trash humans left behand and the amount of tracks.

Would be interesting to have a fewbie drive in Faya, driving on the rim of the bowls while climbing up.😛

• Like (+1) 2

Another wonderful drive @Frederic thanks for the same. The area is really amazing. The drive was going in a smooth continuous way, which I enjoyed and sure all other drivers. Look forward to visit the area again, and see you in sand.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use