•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Lehbab to Lisaili - Dubai - 17 Sep 2021

Wrangeld

General Info

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

Drive Concept

Lehbab is one of the most entertaining, yet challenging terrains to which we can bring a Newbie group. Which is why we will venture into some soft sand areas while winding our way Eastward towards Lisaili. In this route, you'll cross some 'lite' technical areas. We will climb a few dunes. We will cross a lot more. And you will be challenged to put everything you learned to date into practice. 

I can't wait. 

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie Above (All Levels)

When:  17 Sep 2021, Friday.

Meeting time: 06:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: E44 Lehbab https://goo.gl/maps/ZyUoms8TvWsANFMB6

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm, willingness to learn and your own compressor for tire inflation.

Approximate finish time: 10:00 AM

End Point: Lisaili

Limited Spots Available:

• Limited to 12 cars only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE BELOW CALENDAR EVENT 

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Lehbab to Lisaili - Dubai - 17 Sep 2021

Well done, you're all signed up and confirmed for the drive Friday. 

There is already a waitlist - so if plans chance, advise on this forum and then remove yourself from the RSVP. 

Exact start point (between Lehbab Police Station & Margham to follow. 

Only 4 more sleeps. 

See you soon in the sand. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Rajiv Sodhi said:

Kindly put the Google maps link to the meeting point. It will help me decide on driving distance from home. Thanks 

I will post this later in the week. E44 around 3km after Lehbab police station

14 hours ago, Alain Canivet-Abikhalil said:

@Wrangeld please WL for second drive of the weekend

You're in WL Alain

14 hours ago, Adam James said:

Could you put me on the WL please Richard?

You're number 2 WL for 2nd drive

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Adam James said:

Thanks Richard - just to confirm this is my first drive 

My bad Adam - as it's first drive, you're in. We had one dropout already. I added you to the drive. 

• Like (+1) 1

One less sleep to go until myself  @Alex Raptor and @Jeepie will have the pleasure of leading this convoy out through the fun and sands of Lehbab. 

You're in for a treat ... at least I think so, because the terrain here is varied and quite challenging in parts: For sure, we have to cross one technical section of dunes that will require all your concentration and keeping your wits about you. 

There's also some wonderful wide dunes and slopes on which we can play and practice what you've all learned so far on your off-road journey (whether that's 1 previous drive or 100). 

I promise to post the meeting place later in the week (need to be sure that the gates that have to be open are still open). 

Once again, we request that in the event anyone cannot attend, remove your RSVP and post something on the forum here as well [it's just polite to let us know you're not coming]. 

Any questions, feel free to ask here. 

See you soon in the sand. 

• Like (+1) 4

Important Information

Terms of use