•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Lisaili to Margham - Dubai - 17 Sep 2021

Mehmet Volga

@Pierre de Maigret @Ben84 @Warren Flay @Aisha S @JamesThorn @Ahmed Wagdy @Daniel Yang @Marwan Haddad @Kenneth Bollhardt @Naim Aoun @Veedooshee

thank you for rsvp to this drive.

the convoy order will be posted tomorrow. 

the ones whose plans have changed and will not be able to join the drive: please let me know today to avoid last minute dropouts and no-shows.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Pierre de Maigret @Ben84 @Warren Flay @Aisha S @James Thorn @Ahmed Wagdy @Daniel Yang @Marwan Haddad @Kenneth Bollhardt @Naim Aoun @Veedooshee

Good evening everybody. Here is the convoy order for tomorrow;

convoy170921.PNG.d613e8282dd947e9c7562ddf3c3cbf2e.PNG

We'll keep channel#3 on the radio

See you all in the morning!

Edited by Mehmet Volga
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mehmet Volga said:

@Pierre de Maigret @Ben84 @Warren Flay @Aisha S @James Thorn @Ahmed Wagdy @Daniel Yang @Marwan Haddad @Kenneth Bollhardt @Naim Aoun @Veedooshee

Mehmet, by any chance we can use other channel. I always struggle with channel 3 🙂

7 minutes ago, Marwan Haddad said:

Mehmet, by any chance we can use other channel. I always struggle with channel 3 🙂

Channels have been assigned, considering various other carnity convoy in neighbouring area.

If you can explain your issue here, maybe @Frederic can help you sort that.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

51 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Channels have been assigned, considering various other carnity convoy in neighbouring area.

If you can explain your issue here, maybe @Frederic can help you sort that.

Just noise .. no worries. … I hope it goes well tomorrow 

10 hours ago, Mehmet Volga said:

Good morning. I deeply apologize i wont be making it. Was too tired to wake up 🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺

10 hours ago, Mehmet Volga said:

Good morning.

I am so sorry I won't be making it. Was too tired to wake up 🥺🥺🥺🥺

• Sad (0) 1

Thanks @Mehmet Volga for leading a great drive today. It must have been one of the 'slowest' I have ever been on by way of dozens of refusals and stucks! I do believe that we learn something from every one of these events and I for one, learnt to not take a 'little crest' for granted lol! Thanks team for the shovel work and in the end, the gentle tug to get me mobile again. Thanks @Veedoosheefor being so busy at CF. You were buzzing around like a wasp here there and everywhere advising/chatting/instructing and generally sheperding us cats. @Ben84I did not see you much but I could hear you back there sweeping away and doing good works, thanks for supporting us so well. To everyone else, this drive was one of the most taxing I have been on and to see such fantastic spirit and teamwork fills me with pride. We truly are a great club. Thank you all and see you next time!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Excellent ride. Yes it was slow at the beginning due to refusals but the finale ( more like the second half) was sizzling.  Both the need for speed and for ridge riding were well satisfied.  @Mehmet Volgathanks for organizing and pushing through to the end. Thanks @Veedoosheefor your support and ever presence.  @Pierre de Maigret it was fun driving close behind you; I wish I had a hood cam to document side slopping and three wheeling (suction tripod for video cam ordered from Amazon already).. Fun!

Looking fwd for the nice drive. Inchallah next week or on a weekday (we need more weekday rides @Gaurav).  

Sorry the pic is upside down;  and no guys I was not wheels in the air when I took it :)

6BC35CE4-BBCC-4DAA-9FD0-3AC3417FD5C7.jpeg

1E97049C-96F0-47C7-AD7E-99438C822188.jpeg

Edited by Naim Aoun
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Thank you very much @Mehmet Volgafor the drive of yesterday. A first time for me as SL and I enjoyed it tremendously. Amazing, I got crested once which hasn’t happened for a very long time… These little dunes of soft sand definitely had their challenges and it was an intense work of shoveling 😄. @Veedoosheeyou were amazing, always present and monitoring an incredible number ofrecoveries. @Anish Syou are a great photographer and thank you for the great memories we can take with us.

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use