•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Tawi Nazwa - Sharjah - 17 Sep 2021

Gaurav

22 minutes ago, Yawa said:

My compressor stopped working last night and I will not have time to get a new one until tomorrow morning.. I will need to remove myself from the drive.  This is so unfortunate as I have been waiting for your drive since February.  Enjoy the drive.  

Sorry to hear that, but you can still join as the next fuel station or tire shop who can inflate are less 8-10 km from our end point. You can safely drive at 40 kmph speed with your deflated tires.

Secondly more than likely tire inflating shops at big red (end point) will be working on Friday morning. If not you can drive at deflated tire for few kms. I have done that many times and for many kms as far as your driving at 40 kmph, you and your tires are fine.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

53 minutes ago, BHANU PRAKASH VISHWANATH said:

@YawaYou can  inflate your tires using my compressor. I am happy to lend it once I am done.  

You shouldn't use any compressor for inflating 8 tires non stop unless you let it cool off for 15 - 20 min atleast after 4 tires.

Overheating due to crossing the duty cycle is number one reason for busting the compressors. It's more easy in hot weather to bust it.

• WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

57 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

You shouldn't use any compressor for inflating 8 tires non stop unless you let it cool off for 15 - 20 min atleast after 4 tires.

Overheating due to crossing the duty cycle is number one reason for busting the compressors. It's more easy in hot weather to bust it.

Oh wow.. thank you for this.  will be there 😍

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gaurav said:

We will let it cool down.  @Gaurav is that ok to attend like this? Please advise

3 hours ago, Davie Chase said:

@Yawa @Gaurav I will bring my Spare compressor happy to loan it out 

Thanks a lot @Davie Chase much appreciated

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

DRIVE RSVP IS CLOSED NOW

Please find your convoy numbering below.

We will use Radio Channel 1 - 446.006'25

In case of any emergency please contact me on 050 5258706

@Joseph Sebastian @BHANU PRAKASH VISHWANATH @Davie Chase @Bruno Finel @Rajiv Sodhi @Hisham Masaad @Alexanderrr @Ajit John @Mohamad Anwer @Peter Hager @Yawa

1. Gaurav                     1999 Silver Pajero
  2. Joseph Sebastian      2004 Jeep Wrangler - Green
  3. BHANU PRAKASH     2014 MITSUBHISHI PAJERO
  4. Davie Chase              2021 Jeep Rubicon Red
  5. Bruno Finel               2015 Pajero - Black
  6. Rajiv Sodhi               2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Grey
  7. Hisham Masaad      2010 FJ black
  8. Alexanderrr               2014 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.8 Gold
  9. Ajit John                    2017 FJ Toyota white
  10. Mohamad Anwer      2014 Nissan Patrol
  11. Peter Hager               2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
  12. Yawa                          2009 Jeep Wrangler - Yellow
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Thank you @Gaurav and @Hisham Masaadfor a great experience today in my first newbie drive. Was a great morning out, professionally led and co-led, you guys did an awesome job of keeping us all safe and on track. Appreciated the coaching and the tug to get me free once I had gotten stuck. learnt a great deal, and more importantly met a lot of great people. Thanks again nd look forward to the next one :)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use