•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Bowling in Sweihan - Chapter II - Abu Dhabi - 18 Sep 2021

Lorenzo Candelpergher

Drive Brief
For those in @Carnity who are used to off-roading mostly in Dubai and Sharjah, this drive offers the opportunity to discover, toghether with the Abu Dhabi based members of the Club, the breathtaking beauty of the landscape, the amazing heights of the dunes and the incredible depth of the bowls in Sweihan, one of the most coveted off-roading destinations in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.

For those coming from outside the Emirate, enduring the hassle of getting a Covid-19 test will be largely rewarded by a memorable experience: we will start from E16 Al Taf Road heading West, in the opposite direction than 2 weeks ago, with the sun rising behind us, gently riding the first dunes to get acquainted with the landscape. After the initial warm up we will start tackling the big dunes that make Sweihan such a renown off-roading place, enjoying all the climbs, the crests, the ridges and - above all - the large bowls it offers, moving a series of high and complex dunes in an exciting sequence of climbs and rides around some of the biggest and deepest bowls to be seen around before completing our loop back to E16. 

Sweihan.jpg.abb54ce093f3db42717b09e3afe5c3ef.jpg

General Infos

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie Plus Above (All Levels)

When:  18 Sep 2021, Saturday

Meeting time: 5:45 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: E16 Al Taf Road -https://goo.gl/maps/rwPsW39SNAKqi63U9

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm, willingness to learn and your own compressor for tire inflation.

Approximate finish time: 9:45 AM

End Point: E16 Al Taf Road

Limited Spots Available:

• Limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE BELOW CALENDAR EVENT 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Bowling in Sweihan - Chapter II - Abu Dhabi - 18 Sep 2021
1 minute ago, PaoloMaraziti said:

Yes.... and I am going to miss it again ! I am outside of the country this coming WE. Have fun guys, but not too much: leave something for when we're doing it AGAIN in some weeks , right @Lorenzo Candelpergher????????

OK. We have a deal 😉👍

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, PaoloMaraziti said:

Hope you can make it @JeromeFJ 

Really looking forward to this drive. These dunes look amazing, and I have been starved from desert during a few week 😀😀

Just waiting the go ahead from Lorenzo, and I will happily run and do my PCR 😅 !

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Dear @ShereenMK, unfortunately this is a Fewbie Plus drive and your rank in @Carnity doesn't allow you to join it.

I have therefore removed it from the RSVP, I hope you understand this is for your own safety, especially in this particular drive that entails going through some very large and deep bowls and across some very high dunes. 

I'm sure you'll sure make it to Fewbie Plus soon and look forward to having you in one of the next drives. 

• Like (+1) 2

Dear LORENZO ….. sounds like ENZO Ferrari to me After the last drive with you ….. which cost my pajero upper arm and lower arms but I enjoyed every bit of it 🙋….so part 2 sounds like a continuing a creepy movie 🧟‍♀️….. well I am all set 😎🧑‍🚀 to fly the pajero in the bowl 🍚….

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

3 hours ago, Mus_hus78 said:

Dear LORENZO ….. sounds like ENZO Ferrari to me After the last drive with you ….. which cost my pajero upper arm and lower arms but I enjoyed every bit of it 🙋….so part 2 sounds like a continuing a creepy movie 🧟‍♀️….. well I am all set 😎🧑‍🚀 to fly the pajero in the bowl 🍚….

@Mus_hus78, I thought it was just the bumper!! Sorry to hear the news.. You'll tell me all about it when we meed on Saturday. 

For Chapter II, we'll make sure you fly even higher but land your Pajero unscathed 😉

• Like (+1) 2

On 9/13/2021 at 10:35 AM, JeromeFJ said:

Really looking forward to this drive. These dunes look amazing, and I have been starved from desert during a few week 😀😀

Just waiting the go ahead from Lorenzo, and I will happily run and do my PCR 😅 !

Dear @JeromeFJ, I believe, given that we have only 5 participants, you can be already confirmed for this drive.

Please feel free to plan for your PCR in due course. 

• Like (+1) 3

10 hours ago, PaoloMaraziti said:

🤨

5 cars is all you need in that challenging part of AD with mega-bowls :) 

• Like (+1) 3

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Important Information

Terms of use