•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Pink Rock - Sharjah - 25 Sep 2021

Wrangeld

2 hours ago, Lorenzo Candelpergher said:

The Fewbie lot @Alphin Aloor@Zixuan Huang - Charlie, @Sunil Mathew had to deal with quite a lot of churned up sand at the back

Now I understand why Raptors are usually at the second half of the convoy. there is no better sand churner than a Raptor  (especially the grey ones). The trenches left by 2 Raptors front of me were deep enough to burry my little Pathfinder...

Once again, congrats @Lorenzo Candelpergher for your promotion, this is my first time driving with you. Even tho it may be a newbie drive, but definitely one of the most wonderful drive I have had in the area. Look forward to more drives with you!

And thank you @Wrangeld @Alex Raptorand @darren thompson for the flawless support.

Till next time.

Edited by Zixuan Huang - Charlie
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

@Lorenzo Candelpergher i had very wonderful experience with new terrain and i should thank all member & support team @Alex Raptor, @darren thompson, @Wrangeld.

Everyday, i am learning new experience, from you all. 

Some people want it to happen, Some wish it would happen @Lorenzo Candelpergher you made it, Congratulations for your achievement. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Congrats  @Lorenzo Candelpergher on your promotion and privileged to be on this drive..Eventhough i have done close to 40 drives with Carnity, our stars did not align until yesterday, combined with some magnanimity from Richard @Wrangeldto extend the convoy, to be on one of your drives. 

It was a great drive  with low swooping bowls and some nice crossings, probably touching the higher end of newbie drives, in terms of difficulty, but the compacted sand, the route chosen and the convoy strength all combined, made it an absolute breeze. My 11 yo son's only complaint was that he was missing some action and there were no recoveries to see 😄👍!

Going by other "Lorenzo" trip reports, his drive trademarks are pace and high climbs , and i believe @Lorenzo Candelpergher did a very good job in restraining himself and not letting the horses lose :-) !!!

Driving at the second last position, it was great to see the newbies do so well, although we tail enders had to negotiate some churned up (or was it "caked" up) sand.

The drive was also a good opportunity to meet and greet some newbies, and i look forward to having more interactions with all.

Thanks for the exemplary support @Alex Raptor and @darren thompson a.k.a "Rita" it is , after yesterdays christening ceremony :-) ..penning it down here for posterity, lest we forget, and for a morning smile on our faces !!!

Last but not least, a big thanks to @Wrangeld for his watchful eye during the drive , and his pre and post drive briefs, inspiring us!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Firstly big congratulations to @Lorenzo Candelpergher on your promotion to Marshal, fantastic to hear your story and how quickly you have achieved this rank in the @Carnity group, a great example to others on what can be achieved. 

Very enjoyable drive yesterday, great to see all the Newbies driving so well through the dunes, this is the first (and I suspect maybe the only) drive I have completed so far which has not had a single refusal, so well done to all the drivers yesterday for this and for keeping the momentum of the drive up. 

Good to see familiar faces on the drive yesterday and thanks to @Wrangeld and @Alex Raptor for the dad jokes, drive support and opportunity to join the support team. 

Rita 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Congrats to @Lorenzo Candelpergher for your marshal promotion 👏 also had a super duper experience in hard surfaces  and the heights. Thanks to entire @Carnityteam..especially @Wrangeld@Alex Raptorand @darren thompson

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use