•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Solar Park - Dubai - 24 Sep 2021

Wrangeld

General Info

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie+ Above (All Levels)

When:  24 Sep 2021, Friday.

Meeting time: 06:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: Solar Park https://goo.gl/maps/NoUBLkPxhJXvGtt18

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm, willingness to learn and your own compressor for tire inflation.

Approximate finish time: 10:00 AM

End Point: Last Exit

Limited Spots Available:

• Limited to 12 cars only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE BELOW CALENDAR EVENT 

• Like (+1) 1

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Solar Park - Dubai - 24 Sep 2021

Great to see you al signed up for the Solar Park ride with myself and @M.Seidam

We kept away from Solar Park for a while because, being close to the AD border we did not want to inadvertently cross over and cause problems. That's now over and bot, are we going to make use of these new freedoms. 

Expect a well paced roller coaster drive. Lots of swooping dunes, bowls (small and large) pyramid dunes and of course, just a little technical. 

See you soon in the sand. 

• Like (+1) 7

6 minutes ago, PaoloMaraziti said:

@Wrangeld

Richard, last time I was in Sweihan area I had to leave because of tyres issue (mindful of the pop out festival we suffered in one of our joint drives).

I have some ‘unfinished business’ in that area and I would love to experience it hopefully without problem. Noticing that @Kailas has a drive nearby there, I will swap and join the Abu Dhabi drive this time and reinforce the otherwise still short convoy there. 

I hope you have a lot of fun though and I wish I could do both drives , as I am sure hey will be both amazing! 

It's always your choice where and when you join. We will only make it to Little Sweihan on the drive on Friday in Dubai so if you want the real thing, then yes @Kailas is the only one offering that experience. 

With borders opening up again to AD, I think you can expect a lot of drives being posted in that direction as most of the marshals are chomping at the bit to move away from the areas to which we have been restricted for the last 18 months.

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Wrangeld said:

well paced roller coaster drive

That sounds FUN! never been there I assume a link to rendezvous point will be shared.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Enrico Biscaro said:

That sounds FUN! never been there I assume a link to rendezvous point will be shared.

Hi @Enrico Biscaro @Anoop Nair It looks like both of you are not yet ranked as a Fewbie Plus - which is the level for this drive. 

I will leave you both on the drive for the moment because it looks like you both missed the classification and until we find another drive for you to attend at the right level. I hope you both understand the risks inherent in driving at a higher level. It's going to be very difficult for you, and/or frustrating for drivers that expect a slightly higher level of complexity if we need to bring the level down. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Wrangeld said:

Hi @Enrico Biscaro @Anoop Nair It looks like both of you are not yet ranked as a Fewbie Plus - which is the level for this drive. 

I will leave you both on the drive for the moment because it looks like you both missed the classification and until we find another drive for you to attend at the right level. I hope you both understand the risks inherent in driving at a higher level. It's going to be very difficult for you, and/or frustrating for drivers that expect a slightly higher level of complexity if we need to bring the level down. 

Afternoon Richard @Wrangeld Please note that I have been made FB+ couple of weeks back -on 5th of September-  and have attended the first FB+ drive 10th of this month. This will be my second FB+ drive.  It appears that the profile is not updated and I have messaged @Gauravto correct it. So pls let me know, thanks

Anoop Nair has been promoted to Fewbie Plus level - Announcements - Carnity.com

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Anoop Nair said:

Afternoon Richard @Wrangeld Please note that I have been made FB+ couple of weeks back -on 5th of September-  and have attended the first FB+ drive 10th of this month. This will be my second FB+ drive.  It appears that the profile is not updated and I have messaged @Gauravto correct it. So pls let me know, thanks

Anoop Nair has been promoted to Fewbie Plus level - Announcements - Carnity.com

Sorry Anoop - i was looking at your profile. Of course you're included. This is why I did not remove as there are often issues like this. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Wrangeld said:

It looks like both of you are not yet ranked as a Fewbie Plus

@Wrangeldthis was an oversight form my side, I should have not joined this drive as it is too early for me. 

My apologies please remove me. 

Thank you 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Wrangeld said:

Sorry Anoop - i was looking at your profile. Of course you're included. This is why I did not remove as there are often issues like this. 

Thankyou Richard @Wrangeld, very much looking forward to the drive. I have only been in your convoy once at NB level and have not driven with you for such a long time since your RSVP's fill up in a matter of seconds 😁. See you on Friday.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Enrico Biscaro said:

@Wrangeldthis was an oversight form my side, I should have not joined this drive as it is too early for me. 

My apologies please remove me. 

Thank you 

OK Enrico, no problem. Not long now. 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use