•  

Afternoon Fewbie Desert Drive - Tawi Nizwa - Sharjah - 25 Sep 2021

Foxtrot Oscar

33 minutes ago, Abdul Rafay-S said:

I am sorry @Foxtrot Oscar but it seems that I wont be joining you for the drive on Saturday 🥲. My school friends are leaving the country in pursuit of higher education, so gotta bid them farewell.

See you next time 🙂

How very dare you !! 😜

have fun with your friends and see you soon 😊

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Good evening fellow adventurers,

Tomorrow we meet at 3pm sharp. We will stagger the departure of both convoys  so as to avoid congestion on the dunes. 

I,  @Foxtrot Oscar , will lead Convoy 1 (one) will be using Radio ch. 2

My proposed convoy is as follows: 

Driver

Car

Rank

Posit

CONVOY 1

Radio Ch. 2

@Foxtrot Oscar

Black Xterra

Marshal

Lead

@PaoloMaraziti

Beige FJ

Fewbie +

2nd Lead

@Bernard Kalaani

Grey Wrangler

Fewbie

3rd

@Naim Aoun

Grey Wrangler

Fewbie

4th

@Lawrence_Chehimi

White Patrol

Intermediate

CF

@JamesThorn

Black Lexus

Fewbie

6th

@Kenneth Bollhardt

White Prado

Fewbie

7th

@Stav

Red Wrangler

Fewbie

8th

@Desert Dweller

Red Wrangler

Advisor

Sweep

Marjyan,  @Jeepie, will lead Convoy 2 (two) and will be using Radio ch. 4

Convoy 2 is as follows: 

Driver

Car

Rank

Position

Convoy 2

RADIO Ch. 4

@Jeepie

Green Wrangler

Expert

Lead

@Pacific

Wrangler

Intermediate

2nd Lead

@Enrico Biscaro

White Pajero (SWB)

Fewbie

3rd

@Santoso Marjuki

Blue Wrangler

Fewbie

4th

@Danish Mohammad

White Pajero (SWB)

Intermediate

CF

@munkybizness

White Patrol

Fewbie

6th

@Gilbert Khalil

Black FJ

Fewbie

7th

@Rawad

Blue Patrol

Fewbie +

8th

@Janarthan

Grey Xterra

Expert

Sweep

See you all tomorrow 😎

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

@Pacific @Enrico Biscaro @Santoso Marjuki @Danish Mohammad @munkybizness @Rawad @Janarthan

Beautiful hard sand today, and that made for good and relatively easy practicing of ridge riding and criss crossing. Especially in the virgin dunes we found before crossing Pink Rock and even climbing Pink Rock was a piece of cake. A nice small convoy also meant that we could start moving quickly again after the odd refusals and reattempts. It was nice to be able to see most of you most of the time, After Pink Rock we found some more fun, but there were quite a few tracks around making it a little softer and a bit more challenging. Lots of other vehicles also meant finding an alternative track sometimes, but we slowly made our way to the big dune next to Big Red.

To my surprise it was really busy and after an overheating car and daylight slowly disappearing, I decided it was better to start making our way to Big Red and play there a little (close to the exit) So we could exit at any time.

Great teamwork from everyone, good convoy discipline and great support from @Danish Mohammad and @Janarthanmeant that @munkybizness pop out was dealt with very quickly.

@Pacific you were handling the second lead position perfectly and you redirected well whenever needed. @Enrico Biscaro I love that you keep trying and you must have learnt the most today. You were doing fine and it is perfectly normal to have a few refusals. (No digging or rope needed, in fact the only time a rope came out was for a senior😉) So you recovered yourself , and that means you got the most out of today.

@Santoso Marjuki you were doing fine. The only thing I would like to ask you, is to acknowledge on the radio that you understood what the lead or support are saying to you.

@munkybizness driving very nicely as far as I could see and apart from the pop out no other issues that I can think of.

@Rawad keeping cool (finding shade in the desert😃) and very calm. You did a perfect (supervised) rope recovery. Well done!

@Janarthan always good to know you are keeping us safe and together. 

I thoroughly enjoyed myself today and I hope you did too.

Pictures posted in the gallery  

@Gilbert Khalil we missed you

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Fantastic drive indeed  @Foxtrot Oscar. My poor guest got more than what he signed up for; but he truly enjoyed it..  The last climb took us by surprise; we thought we were done when we saw the tarmac and suddenly we found ourselves climbing like crazy; this is where we got a bucket load of sand go throw the windows as we were literally over a ridge, I had to maneuver it almost blindly. Thanks Miss @Lawrence_Chehimi for the water; needed for the eye rinse... 

I was one of the drivers distracted by the photo shoot; well how couldn't you? My co-pilot was saying, she is scantily dressed; so shy from being the pope, I had to look :)

My fewbie drives are getting more and more exciting as if the organizer is stepping them up for me on purpose.. See you in 2 weekends inchallah.. Till then; keep bashing... 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Dear @Jeepie thank you so much for this nice drive and we all really appreciate your support in accepting this second convoy from @Foxtrot Oscar  

Our second lead @Pacific a good listener and well driving by keeping safe distance @Enrico Biscaro driving in sand is a fun and refusals are a part of learning and you did a good job man by doing all self recoveries @Santoso Marjuki a little to work on angle of approach to avoid fish tail and more active on radio. @munkybizness nicely keeping an eye on front car activity and taking correct action to do slight change if required @Rawad nice driving, good to see a great change. AND finally at our sweep @Janarthan its our pleasure to have you in our Convoy and keeping eye on all of us to be safe and enjoy.

Appreciate the help, support and patience got from every member. Thanks to everyone for joining this Convoy. 

Stay Safe ... See you in next drive :)              

• Like (+1) 4

• Foxtrot Oscar changed the title to Afternoon Fewbie Desert Drive - Tawi Nizwa - Sharjah - 25 Sep 2021

Important Information

Terms of use