•  

Absolute Newbie Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 24 Sep 2021

Ale Vallecchi

15 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear @Joseph Raju you are welcome to join. Just to be sure, please double check if you have the necessary clearance from the ground. If you wish to send photos of the front and back of the car, I can confirm. Thanks a lot. 

Please find the photos of the vehicle as requested

I dont have a Two way Radio. I would like to know which model and type need to purchase.

PHOTO-2021-09-23-08-07-09.jpg

PHOTO-2021-09-23-08-07-10.jpg

PHOTO-2021-09-23-08-07-10_1.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

Hi Ale. I don't have radio for tomorrow but will buy it after first ride from Dragon Mart. Other then that all the other requirements will be met. Looking forward to my first drive tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Joseph Raju said:

PHOTO-2021-09-23-08-07-09.jpg

This tow ball is NOT SAFE for recovery, buy a hitch receiver shackle.

image.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

@Joseph Raju for your and other car safety, better you get the pintle hook installed and with 4 OEM bolts and not 3 like this one.

THIS IS HIGHLY UNSAFE to use unless you have any other tow point or eyelets at the back of your patrol.

image.png

• Totally Agree (+2) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Hi 

please find response as below :

• you have any prior off-road experience;--- no 
  • your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks / eyelets;- YES
  • if your car has the required ground clearance of min. 8 inches (21 cm) between the ground and its bumpers/undercar.-- YES it is.
  • tire deflator (must)-- YES 
  • tire pressure gauge (must)-- YES 
  • off-road flag-- No
  • air compressor--No (shall try to buy one today)
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

@Joseph Raju for your and other car safety, better you get the pintle hook installed and with 4 OEM bolts and not 3 like this one.

THIS IS HIGHLY UNSAFE to use unless you have any other tow point or eyelets at the back of your patrol.

image.png

Thank you very much for the advise.

I will try to fix it Today night itself. If not possible I will join another ride after install Hinge receiver shackle and bolts.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

2 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear @Muhammad Omair, @Manish Kashyap, @Mohammed Mansoor ,@Arijit Bhattacharyya, @Joseph Raju, @Goh Peng and @Afraz Ahamed.

Welcome to tomorrow's Absolute Newbie Drive. Those who have not yet replied regarding your cars' minimum requirements, please do so ASAP. 

One more question for all is: who has radios? Those who do, please bring it with you. They can be purchased at great prices at Dragon Mart.

Those who do not have radios, please advise, so we can organize accordingly. 

Regarding the area of the drive, we will access the desert from a less used entry point, along the road going from Qudra Parking (where you can use the ADNOC gas station to fill up your tank), toward the Bab al Shams Resort. Follow carefully the Google Maps directions: once you turn off the tarmac road (after circling a roundabout next to a mosque), you will cross through the bike track, and an opening between roadworks being done along the bike track.

Once arrived at the meeting point, we'll conduct a final inspection of your cars (sufficient clearance and accessible tow points are a must, without which you'll be turned back). Following a detailed technical briefing, we'll be ready to enter the dunes, and start your off-roading adventure. This area is rarely used by other clubs, and the sand is much cleaner ad smoother, so this is an ideal ground to move your first steps in the desert.

Myself and @Anish S are looking forward to seeing you tomorrow, at 6:00 AM SHARP (and if you arrive a little earlier we can move out more promptly).

Enjoy the end of the week 

@anish@Ale VallecchiI don’t have radio, pls arrange for me and will be highly appreciated and  Ill be there at sharp time on the same location shared, if any further details requires, pls let me know…

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Siddick Sait said:

Agree. Hi My name is Siddick and I am from Abu Dhabi. I have 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I don't have any off-road experience.

Hi @Siddick Sait. Thanks a lot for joining. See you tomorrow morning.

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use