•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Pac-Man Dunes (Nahel) - Abu Dhabi - 24 Sep 2021

Gaurav

Waitlist so far

1. @Mus_hus78 (first drive WL)
  2. @John Vanderbleek (first drive WL)
  3. @Enrico Biscaro
  • Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Thanks @Mus_hus78 for agreeing to join Kailas FB+

@John Vanderbleek I have added you to this drive. Please confirm if you still like to join for Pac-Man dunes tomo.

1 hour ago, Gaurav said:

Thanks @Mus_hus78 for agreeing to join Kailas FB+

@John Vanderbleek I have added you to this drive. Please confirm if you still like to join for Pac-Man dunes tomo.

Yes, please add me to this drive...see you in the morning!👍

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Drive RSVP is closed now.

Please find your convoy numbering below.

We will use Radio Channel 4: 446.081'25

Please call me in case of any emergency: 050 5258706.

Sleep tight it's gonna be fun drive with intermittent big dunes and small technical dunes in between to test your focus and skills. Looking forward to see how crop circles are doing after a long gap.

Get the fuel tank fill-up much before reaching the meeting point, as mentioned before.

@Christian Andras @S Jacob @John Vanderbleek @Damien Ranjit @munkybizness @Dodi Syahdar @ShereenMK @Warren Flay @Santoso Marjuki @Josh T. @Aisha S @Arman

1. Gaurav                     1999 Silver Pajero
  2. Christian Andras       2017 FJ Cruiser
  3. S Jacob                     2013 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.5 - SWB - White
  4. John Vanderbleek    2019 Toyota FJ Cruiser Stock Blue
  5. Damien Ranjit          2014, Nissan Pathfinder - R51 - Silver
  6. munkybizness          2021 Y61 Nissan Patrol SS - LWB - White
  7. Dodi Syahdar          2018 Ford F150 Raptor
  8. ShereenMK              2002 LC 100
  9. Warren Flay              2016 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS Gold SWB 3.8
  10. Santoso Marjuki       2020 Jeep Rubicon-4 door-Blue
  11. Josh T.                      2021 GMC AT4 Shaheen Sierra crew cab
  12. Aisha S                     2015 Jeep Wrangler - 2 door - green
  13. Arman                      2005 Jeep Wrangler - TJ Sahara - Grey
  • Like (+1) 6

1. Gaurav                     1999 Silver Pajero
  2. Warren Flay              2016 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS Gold SWB 3.8
  3. S Jacob                     2013 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.5 - SWB - White
  4. John Vanderbleek    2019 Toyota FJ Cruiser Stock Blue
  5. Damien Ranjit          2014, Nissan Pathfinder - R51 - Silver
  6. munkybizness          2021 Y61 Nissan Patrol SS - LWB - White
  7. Christian Andras       2017 FJ Cruiser
  8. ShereenMK              2002 LC 100
  9. Santoso Marjuki       2020 Jeep Rubicon-4 door-Blue
  10. Josh T.                      2021 GMC AT4 Shaheen Sierra crew cab
  11. Aisha S                     2015 Jeep Wrangler - 2 door - green
  12. Arman                      2005 Jeep Wrangler - TJ Sahara - Grey
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I don’t know what to say about the drive and AD dunes. Absolutely beautiful.

I enjoyed every bit of it. (apart from that it ended too soon) 

As Sierra (Josh) said, it was very nice to see new faces as well. 

Looking forward to more drives in AD 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Ahhhhh Abu Dhabi😍 What can you say about towering golden dunes bereft of litter and broken down Toyotas? "Heaven on Earth", thats what I would say.

What a fabulous drive@Gaurav! you could run that every week and I'd happily join. It could only be better if it ended at the Qasr al Sarab for a cold beer and a swim I reckon.

A hearty crew set off on time with a virgin second lead sheepishly following Gaurav and wondering how life would look at the front of the convoy (rather than at number 9 where it looks rather like a furrowed field) The answer was? Stunning, it looked absolutely stunning. I had the easiest run ever at second lead and didn't really have to lift a finger... Why? the drive was well planned, well executed and well supported by a great team with super team spirit and a can-do attitude. Lots of refusals and some stucks were dealt with promptly and with great commitment, I congratulate you all. 

I thoroughly enjoyed my morning and look foward to repeating it and completing the original plan.

See you again soon.

IMG_0010.JPG

IMG_1515.jpg

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

From the flavorful radio bursts to that flitty feeling in the stomach ascending & descending, this was a drive to remember. And do over, and over again. Thank you @Gauravand the entire convoy for making this such a great day out. 

So anxious was I for this drive, that I fast-tracked changing to A/T tyres this week even if I will be away from action for the next few weeks. And they delivered over and over again. 

Sitting at P6, meant I had the best of both worlds - the good fortune to not have to deal with too much churn, and to be able to see the beauty of our convoy channeling its way through these sands.

In terms of statistics, the numbers confirm how much bigger these dunes are. And we still had more ground to cover. Throughout the drive, we were 200m above sea level. Towards the end, we scaled 300 - a sign of the climbs to come :)

image.png.2c5eb71de63d3005a685ed6cbb732db8.png

image.png.59ae14c2530ba764219f917382b1c046.png

Once again, thank you @Warren Flayfor playing an excellent SL even though, between yourself @Gaurav and @S Jacob, and your SWB Pocket Rockets, I had to re-check my approach angles a few times and not get caught up in the excitement of where my car (and my passenger) shouldn't go.

Thank you @Christian Andras for giving me the confidence that if I did get stuck, I had support right where I needed it. And so cool to see your boys out. Having my dad with me on the drive today, showed me the power of the memories you're inscribing into their consciousness.

@Josh T. - we may not have talked today but I heard your Shaheen roar. We're coming to Abu Dhabi more often, and you're going to help announce our arrival with what's under that hood, with every bowl we pounce upon :D

@Aisha S - what you lack in your taste of football clubs, you made up for in the energetic radio comms and your drive. Seeing you scale that dune towards the end was sheer joy!

@Damien Ranjit - when I caught those Hulk-green springs peeking out from your tirewell this morning, I knew I would see a new side to your drive. The aggression today in some sections was amazing :)

@ShereenMK - my first drive ever offroad was in an LC100 which looked exactly like yours. Seeing you on some crests in my rearview was such a nice trip down to nostalgia.

@Santoso Marjuki - welcome to Fewbie :) I too sometimes get caught up with what I think my car should be able to do and it conflicts with what the sands are telling me. Gravity is a better voice to listen to. I'm learning to pay more heed to it too. 

@John Vanderbleek - please don't get concerned about getting stuck. I think the general rule is that if you're not getting stuck, you're not trying hard enough. And. you did really well. You were setting up the best approach angles for me and Damien to follow with LWBs. In a sense, you were the Second Second Lead to LWBs ;) 

And finally @Arman - thank you for keeping our end tight 🙏

Thank you all, thank you Abu Dhabi, thank you cooler weather, and thank you @Gaurav

See you all out on the sands again soon!

Edited by munkybizness
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use