•  
Advertise here

MG RX8 Lift kit

mikaeel shaik

Anyone have a contact that can do a lift kit for an MG RX8?

Ouch that might be a challenge. I am not sure but perhaps there are like these kinds of universal rubber spacers you can get installed to get around 1,5 inch lift? 

Hockey puck spring spacers - Honda Foreman Forums ...

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Thanks @Frederic,Any idea where in AD I can get this installed?

Edited by mikaeel shaik

You can check with good suspension shops in musaffa and not the shady ones, because shady ones will sell u the spacer that wont last for 1 month. You need some good height brand spacer (Australian or US brand) that can last for a long time.

Also check with MG their take on warranty if you lift it by 2 inches, most imp, as some car manufacturer voids the warranty.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Wow, @mikaeel shaik you have done something I want to do but I haven't done, taking a Chinese 4x4 to desert.

I can have a look of the options for you in China if you want, you need to show me the fron the rear suspensions,

because Chinese manufacturers tend to sell something differernt to overseas market. for example supplying BJ40 with CVT and BJ40 is a proper 4x4 in China even with 2 differential locks.

BTW does your RX8 have the rear lock? its standard for China market

Edited by Zixuan Huang - Charlie

@Zixuan Huang - Charlie - Will try to take a picture of the suspensions later, I think it would be easier if you could visit the MG showroom in DXB to view the car. I am not sure if it has rear Diff lock. How to check?

• 2 weeks later...

@mikaeel shaik I have found few suppliers in china that offers spring spacer, you can text my WhatsApp 0528402096

Rear Diff lock I did research that only it exists on the full options GCC RX8, if yours are one of them, you should find the button near 4wd system control nob

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Zixuan Huang - Charlie it is the full option, However i read in the owners manual it is an electronic rear diff lock system which activates automatically when a tire does not have traction. I do not see a button or anything near the 4wd drive system. 

@mikaeel shaik I see... the GCC brochure only mentioned the rear diff lock... I eventually looked up to a Chinese bit of the info found out that its a LSD that only works at spin difference of 120r/min (not sure if an LSD should still be considered as a locker).

Does it actually help in recovery scenarios?