•  

Islam Soliman has been promoted to Marshal level

Gaurav

Many many congratulations @Islam Solimanvery well deserved. It is always such a pleasure driving with you. I always appreciate your calm nature and support on the drive. Just today I made a mistake and didn't follow your exact instructions yet you always make the other person feel at ease and help understand. Thank you for that! 

• Like (+1) 4

32 minutes ago, Islam Soliman said:

Thanks a lot @Gaurav for the nice words and all Team Carnity for this trust you have placed in me. I still remember my AN drive with @Srikumar in July last year just after the lockdown started to ease out and I never though this will take me here.. countless number of stucks and refusals and car parts that were flying left and right on the sand and we just kept piling them up in the trunk 😂 it’s only due to the leadership and coaching of every leads and support teams in these drives, the patience from all fellow drivers, and the friendships made on the sand that I got here and didn’t give up.

I had my first pop out with @Srikumar on my 3rd NB drive and I still remember my feeling then.. once he told me you have a pop out! , I thought I am dead.. had no clue what that means and what happens now.. then I stood their mouth opened astonished watching him and @Vanessa8580 getting on their  knees and working it out to fix it

I remember my first drive with @Gaurav.. I think was my 4th.. and I was 3rd place next to a Duster and I saw how he carefully picked the path to match the tiny underpowered  Duster and the behemoth Yukon behind it until he had to step him self into the Duster to bring it up on top of Fossil rock.

I remember my fewbie drives with Richard @Wrangeld who got me hooked into technical drivers and how patient he was to help me out through these tiny pockets.. I miss these briefings of yours Richie 

@Emmanuel who was the first to take me on top of Faya. I think this was the time when together with @Chaitanya D we spent an hour trying to fix a pop out on an X (not sure who was it).. and then in Dec was also my first time to Liwa with him.

my first night drive led by @Frederic and then the first drive I led and my first NB drive led was also with @Frederic

i remember @Ale Vallecchi’s look at my car and I can see all the question marks in his head wondering what this car is doing here 😂 but never said a word other than encouragement and fully embraced the challenges I brought to his drives

@Chaitanya D I can’t count how many drives I had with you 😂 I definitely won’t forget the one in Sweihan

Can’t forget my first driver behind Angela @Foxtrot Oscar and I became a permanent RSVP on every drive afterwords to Area 53 and Faqaa which were both dominated by her black X and Yalla Yalla

@Lorenzo Candelpergher whom I loved how he managed fast paced drives with his mighty Y62 (sorry still prefer it over your Rubicon)..

@Brette whom I never had the pleasure of joining his drives yet but still remember when he was supporting my 2nd NB drive  where I kept trying for 30mins to get out of a bowl and he never gave up on helping me with advise and directions 

@Kailas @Mehmet Volga @Anish S @Janarthan @Tbone   @marksWhom I always loved being on drives or being together in the same drive 

I can go on and on and will never have enough words to thank everyone in Team Carnity and all club members for the wonderful experience I had over the past year and how much change this brought to my life.. 

The journey continues and looking forward for more fun and more friends in the Carnity Family..

Dear @Islam Soliman. You wrote the most thoughtful and all encompassing comment to any promotion. It's a testament to your full, 110% participation to the Club's life. Everything you achieved off-road has been fully earned, with your earth and mind. 

I didn't think my looking at your Yukon gave my worries away....but I was a bit worried on that Pink Rock drive when we first met. And yet, your will to learn and persist has not only brought you to Marshaldom, but has made me a more thoughtful, and hopefully better leader. 

I enjoyed enlisting you as my repeat SL in many of my drives, and look forward to off-roading with you many more times.

• Like (+1) 9

Amazing response @Islam Soliman to share all your memories, feeling and emotional connection you share with everyone in Carnity Family.

I am sure all these must be regular stuff for many of us, but when we hear them out loud like this, it means a lot.

You are truly blessed with good memory and power to express them in a very nice and positive way.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

@Islam Soliman I have had the pleasure of joining many of your drives and without fail they have all been both enjoyable and eventful (including today!). You always choose amazing routes and allow us to support each other whilst remaining calm and cheerful, I have personally learnt a lot from you.

I look forward to many more drives together, well done mate! 

• Like (+1) 4

Nice write up @Islam Soliman. Cannot imagine handing the love of the technical (which was instilled in me by @Gaurav into better hands. Soon it will be your chance to do the same, for we are guardians only for a short but wonderful period, as we are for the love of the desert driving bug as a whole.  

Looking forward to more of everything you bring to this game. 

• Like (+1) 5

Dear brother @Islam Soliman, don’t know from where to start and where to finish.From my heart, very happy to see your hard work and commitment been appreciated, and promotion after the other is happening. I am sure each drive you lead, takes a lot from your time and effort, to assure all behind you will enjoy, and remember after they inflate and leave the desert. You give things from your heart, and always try to satisfy all. Me and Abdelghani still remember, when we were in Shuweib, where you had a problem with your car, and felt guilty for us leaving without some play, and asked me to take the guys on a short tour, that was really showing how do you care about all of us. I do appreciate your hard work and effort, and wish you all the best in the future. Congratulations Habibi 👏🏼

• Like (+1) 8
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

5 minutes ago, Hisham Masaad said:

Dear brother @Islam Soliman, don’t know from where to start and where to finish.From my heart, very happy to see your hard work and commitment been appreciated, and promotion after the other is happening. I am sure each drive you lead, takes a lot from your time and effort, to assure all behind you will enjoy, and remember after they inflate and leave the desert. You give things from your heart, and always try to satisfy all. Me and Abdelghani still remember, when we were in Shuweib, where you had a problem with your car, and felt guilty for us leaving without some play, and asked me to take the guys on a short tour, that was really showing how do you care about all of us. I do appreciate your hard work and effort, and wish you all the best in the future. Congratulations Habibi 👏🏼

Thanks my friend .. you are a fantastic Lead in the making and the smile on everyone’s face after those 15 mins is a testimony for how great lead you are. Looking forward for supporting your drives soon InshaAllah 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use