•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Ferocious Fayah - Abu Dhabi - 2 Oct 2021

Frederic

General Info

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Terrain Teaser

Looking for creamy, virgin, and endless dunes ? Look no further, as in Fayah you will find them and they are surrounded with treacherous technical dunes, consuming anyone that dares to enter without the utmost respect this area deserves. Correctly described by one of our members as "Qudra on Steroids", this place has everything in store for a great morning out !

Join us in this exploration !

CB1FB197-AC57-41C4-B019-4C476C3D5E89.jpeg.77ae067aa373c4a6c9597edc32d17bf9.jpeg

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie Plus and above

When: Saturday 2 October 2021

Meeting time: 6 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point:  https://goo.gl/maps/j9TcayR41Tor2s5v5 (when you will exit from Al Fayah Road, the barrier will automatically open at the gate) 

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 10:00 AM

P.S.S. Make sure you fill up your gas tank at the nearest Petrol Station.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• Limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close 12 hrs before start.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR 

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

• Frederic changed the title to Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Ferocious Fayah - Abu Dhabi - 2 Oct 2021

I will be replacing Frederic for the drive. Here's the convoy list.

1. Kailas-L

2. @Ranjan Das-SL

3. @Anoop Nair

4.  @Xavier Treasurer

5. @GauravSoni

We will be on channel 1. We have a short convoy, so can try and explore Fayah more

Cheers!.

• Like (+1) 3

@Kailas I will have to pull out due to some issues in my car, sorry for the late notice ...

@Xavier Treasurer@Anoop Nair@Ranjan Das Have a nice drive boys ...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 1

FIVE GUYS AT FAYAH

IMG_0dd603.thumb.jpg.418e727747902ea0cf37a5d94d9422b6.jpg

This drive was one of the most interesting drive I have had. Soon after we started the drive, we thought fog had  faded away. But surprise caught us with a very dense fog as we were moving. As the visibility was low we decided to halt the drive. We had to wait for almost 40 minutes for some visibility.

As we had a short convoy, I had shared with the team on the idea to explore an oasis that I had found while mapping the area via Gaia. Fayah area had one of the cleanest area, with fresh tracks. The convoy did not give trouble at any point and we were able to locate the Oasis. We spent some time around the area taking pictures, that is when the real desert convoy of camels approached. So we decided to make way for them and head to do some bowling.

image.png.8dfbe9a708abe53765191d4f9fa23248.png

It was in the bowls, that we had challenges. While taking one of the big sidee, @Ranjan Das had missed a hump and his vehicle jumped, in the impact of vehicle landing, the roof rack had moved its position. We took time and put back the roofrack in place and decided to head out. On our way to exit, while passing through a dune which had a fence on one side, @GauravSoniwho was the sweep's Pajero had slipped to the fence side as the rest of us had churned the sand while passing. We had to spend around an hour for the recovery, where we tried winching with Ranjan's Wrangler. But the winch was only able to pull till a certain point when the winch and Gaurav's vehicle started over heating. We tried pulling with my little JL, but that to did not help. It was Gaurav's idea to use 2 cars infront and try to pull the Pajero. We placed @Xavier Treasurer's 4.0L Xterra in front, connected a rope to my litte JL. Xavier was in  a flat area, I was in a slightly inclined area. Then connected 3 ropes behind my car to Gaurav's pajero and pulled him out. It was a fantastic team effort from @Ranjan Das, @Anoop Nair @Xavier Treasurer & @GauravSoni.

Drive Stats:

image.png.70198f1195dd5252e2e129e02413fffb.png

See you all soon !!

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Thank you @Kailas for curating yesterday's drive - one of the best i've had till date. The terrain, pace and sheer fluidity of the drive was spellbinding. Many thanks also to @Gaurav Soni, @Anoop Nair and @Xavier Treasurer for the wonderful company and more importantly for all the help and support in fixing my roof rack; @Kailas can't thank you enough for climbing the dune for me to collect the license plate and part of the rack - thank you!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use