•  

Tuesday Afternoon Fewbie Desert Drive - Murquab - Dubai - 28 Sep 2021

Foxtrot Oscar

Drive Report

It was billed as a chilled midweek drive , hump day desert bump day to blow away the stresses and strains of the working week. It did exactly what it said on the tin , all thanks to an excellent convoy who drove impeccably 

It had been a while since I’d driven in Murquab and I was surprised by how changed it appeared, perhaps the recent rains ? I’m not sure ; what I do know is there was a distinct lack of tracks making the area seem like it had never been driven on.  Some of my favourite 'play areas' were no go zones due to the shrubbery that had appeared but nevertheless, we criss-crossed, side sloped and ridge rode our way to the Sabka without a single refusal, driving in silence aside from the reassuring voices of @Hisham Masaad and @GauravSoni reporting that all was well. 

Once we crossed the sabka to Solar Park area we continued as we were , I picked up the pace and we drove as we had done for the first 1 hour or so . The ridges in Solar Park seemed less intimidating, their ridges smoothed by rains and cavities created by winds. It provided another type of challenge but no less enjoyable.

Special mentions to @Bernard Kalaani and @Mus_hus78both of whom are pretty fresh fewbies and handled absolutely everything , well done 

@Gilbert Khalil@Santoso Marjukiand @Senthil Kumarwho had great drives  . Also to the  the gang at the back who got through the churned up sand @Christopher Assaland @Sunil Mathew

Many thanks to @Pacific for executing the perfect second lead, a vital role in any convoy, he listened clearly and carried out instruction without missing a beat. Further thanks to@GauravSoni and @Hisham Masaadwho didn’t have a lot to do but were on hand when needed .

Thank you all for a great midweek drive

Until our next adventure

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Well described every one, thank you for the same, saved my thinking and typing efforts 😉. But I have the thank you @Foxtrot Oscar for arranging this drive on this time, at least a dose before travel, and pleasure meeting you again. Glad to meet you @Mus_hus78 @Santoso Marjuki and @Christopher Assal for the first time and pleasure to meet you again @Pacific @Senthil Kumar @Sunil Mathew @Gaurav Soni @Bernard Kalaani and @Gilbert Khalil . Look forward to see you in sand again next week, hopefully wed if possible, might be difficult to make it Tuesday, next day after arrival. I am sure will have enough work to make me busy the whole day. Enjoy coming weekend end. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

3 hours ago, Hisham Masaad said:

Well described every one, thank you for the same, saved my thinking and typing efforts 😉. But I have the thank you @Foxtrot Oscar for arranging this drive on this time, at least a dose before travel, and pleasure meeting you again. Glad to meet you @Mus_hus78 @Santoso Marjuki and @Christopher Assal for the first time and pleasure to meet you again @Pacific @Senthil Kumar @Sunil Mathew @Gaurav Soni @Bernard Kalaani and @Gilbert Khalil . Look forward to see you in sand again next week, hopefully wed if possible, might be difficult to make it Tuesday, next day after arrival. I am sure will have enough work to make me busy the whole day. Enjoy coming weekend end. 

3 hours ago, Foxtrot Oscar said:

Drive Report

It was billed as a chilled midweek drive , hump day desert bump day to blow away the stresses and strains of the working week. It did exactly what it said on the tin , all thanks to an excellent convoy who drove impeccably 

It had been a while since I’d driven in Murquab and I was surprised by how changed it appeared, perhaps the recent rains ? I’m not sure ; what I do know is there was a distinct lack of tracks making the area seem like it had never been driven on.  Some of my favourite 'play areas' were no go zones due to the shrubbery that had appeared but nevertheless, we criss-crossed, side sloped and ridge rode our way to the Sabka without a single refusal, driving in silence aside from the reassuring voices of @Hisham Masaad and @GauravSoni reporting that all was well. 

Once we crossed the sabka to Solar Park area we continued as we were , I picked up the pace and we drove as we had done for the first 1 hour or so . The ridges in Solar Park seemed less intimidating, their ridges smoothed by rains and cavities created by winds. It provided another type of challenge but no less enjoyable.

Special mentions to @Bernard Kalaani and @Mus_hus78both of whom are pretty fresh fewbies and handled absolutely everything , well done 

@Gilbert Khalil@Santoso Marjukiand @Senthil Kumarwho had great drives  . Also to the  the gang at the back who got through the churned up sand @Christopher Assaland @Sunil Mathew

Many thanks to @Pacific for executing the perfect second lead, a vital role in any convoy, he listened clearly and carried out instruction without missing a beat. Further thanks to@GauravSoni and @Hisham Masaadwho didn’t have a lot to do but were on hand when needed .

Thank you all for a great midweek drive

Until our next adventure

Hump day it was surely bump day drive with all the bushes around ….it was my first drive in Dubai and with great convoy . I wanted to experience different side of uae with more of white sand but for some reason I felt like the sand was more like a dirt track  of Abu Dhabi desert may be the rain ️ toned the sand dunes nevertheless the dunes were very technical which put my LWB pajero to test as it loves fish 🐠 tailing 😅 with few side drives I manage to control the car better ….. special thanks to @Foxtrot Oscarwho lead us from start point to end of without any hindrance ….. @Gouravsoni who kept me awake 😇….. hope to catch up for next drive soon with everyone ……. @foxtrot Oscar I thought I was promoted to fewbie + but was demoted in this drive to fewbie 😂…. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

3 hours ago, Mus_hus78 said:

Hump day it was surely bump day drive with all the bushes around ….it was my first drive in Dubai and with great convoy . I wanted to experience different side of uae with more of white sand but for some reason I felt like the sand was more like a dirt track  of Abu Dhabi desert may be the rain ️ toned the sand dunes nevertheless the dunes were very technical which put my LWB pajero to test as it loves fish 🐠 tailing 😅 with few side drives I manage to control the car better ….. special thanks to @Foxtrot Oscarwho lead us from start point to end of without any hindrance ….. @Gouravsoni who kept me awake 😇….. hope to catch up for next drive soon with everyone ……. @foxtrot Oscar I thought I was promoted to fewbie + but was demoted in this drive to fewbie 😂…. 

Oops, sorry 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use