•  

Tuesday Afternoon Fewbie Desert Drive - Murquab - Dubai - 28 Sep 2021

Foxtrot Oscar

Drive Brief
Join me for a midweek blast in the sand to blow away the stresses and strains of the working week.  We call it hump day, desert bump day! 

Starting off in Murquab and tackling some lovely dunes before taking the sabka over to Solar Park. With sunsets that are a photographers dream!
Yalla! 

dune.jpg

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie and above

When: 28 Sept 2021, Tuesday.

Meeting time: 3:30 PM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/Xtgs2eAyktoV2HNp9

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 7 PM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

Please RSVP on the below calendar

• Like (+1) 2

• Gaurav changed the title to Tuesday Afternoon Fewbie Desert Drive - Murquab - Dubai - 28 Sep 2021
10 hours ago, Foxtrot Oscar said:

Drive Brief
Join me for a midweek blast in the sand to blow away the stresses and strains of the working week.  We call it hump day, desert bump day! 

Starting off in Murquab and tackling some lovely dunes before taking the sabka over to Solar Park. With sunsets that are a photographers dream!
Yalla! 

dune.jpg

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie and above

When: 28 Sept 2021, Tuesday.

Meeting time: 3:30 PM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/Xtgs2eAyktoV2HNp9

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 7 PM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

Please RSVP on the below calendar

I am feeling up to high doh about this drive as it starts at 15:30 🕞……. Let me see if I can fix my pajero by tomorrow ….. then will join …..

• Like (+1) 2

Good evening fellow adventurers,

The intention tomorrow is to have a chilled midweek drive to blow away the stresses and strains of the working week. The plan is to drive towards Solar Park capturing the setting sun as we do so. This area is full of nice surprises, we can ridge ride , side slope and criss cross our way to the sabka. Once we cross over we will find some larger dunes.

We will use Radio channel 3

My proposed convoy is as follows:

Radio Chanel 3 (three) Freq. 446-056

Driver

Car

Rank

Position

@Foxtrot Oscar

Black Xterra

Marshal

Lead

@Pacific

SWB Jeep

Int.

2nd Lead

@Mohamad Anwer

Patrol

Fewbie

3rd

@Bernard Kalaani

LWB Grey jeep

Fewbie

4th

@Mus_hus78

Pajero

Fewbie

5th

@GauravSoni

Blue Pajero

Adv

CF

@Gilbert Khalil

Black FJ

Fewbie

7th

@Santoso Marjuki

LWB Blue Jeep

Fewbie

8th

@Senthil Kumar

LWB Red Jeep

Fewbie +

9th

@Christopher Assal

Nissan Patril

Fewbie +

10th

@Sunil Mathew

LWB Yellow Jeep

Int.

11th

@Hisham Masaad

Black FJ

Adv

Sweep

• Like (+1) 4

Thanks for organizing a midweek drive, I often wish we had more with carnity . After the crazy weekend of work it’s just perfect , and I’m so excited to do a sunset drive in one of my fav areas with like minded people! 😁😁

Cant wait

Edited by Christopher Assal
  • Like (+1) 4

Thanks again @Foxtrot Oscar , was a really fantastic drive!

Had a bit of everything, lovely sunset, 60km in less then 3 hours, and everyone in the convoy drove amazingly with hardly any refusals amd no issues, great peaceful after work drive! See you next Tuesday? 😂 @Gaurav Soniand @Hisham Masaadnice to drive with you guys finally.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

It was a smooth , flowing mid-week drive thanks to @Foxtrot Oscar and the whole convoy. Drivers in support roles @GauravSoni and @Hisham Masaad  had no opportunities for getting out of their cars for any kind of support. Couldnt see much of @Pacific in 2L, as i was driving at second last position, but going by radio comms, the role was well executed.

Echoing @Christopher Assal, see you all next Tuesday!! Hope Angela comes up with a similar drive :-) ... obviously there is demand!!

All were familiar faces except @Mus_hus78Mustafa who drove all the way from Abu Dhabi along with @Santoso Marjuki. Good to meet you ! Great display of commitment driving from AD!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use