•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 01 Oct 2021

Mehmet Volga

General Info

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level: Fewbie and Above 

When: 01 October 2021 Friday

Meeting time: 6:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point:  https://goo.gl/maps/WjJhgELXeDPbbpMD8

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 10.00 AM

THIS IS A COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE. PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS DRIVE UNLESS YOU HAVE A COMPRESSOR. ANYONE ARRIVING AT THE DRIVE WITHOUT A COMPRESSOR, FLAG, PROPER SHOVEL AND DEFLATION KIT WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE. ALL TOW POINTS WILL BE CHECKED BEFORE DEPARTURE. 

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:
  • Limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP THE BELOW IN THE EVENTS  CALENDAR

Edited by Mehmet Volga
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Naveen Raj @John Vanderbleek @ShereenMK @Josh T. @Santoso Marjuki @Karthikeyan Govindarajan @S Jacob @Hasan Wahlan @marks

Good evening friends! thank you for your rsvp!

here is the convoy order for tomorrow;

convoy.PNG.1cba19f290f1e684e2b50d76e904553b.PNG

we will use channel #2 on the radio

there will be another convoy at our meeting point. That one is the newbie convoy of Richard @Wrangeld. Do not mix with them and deflate a bit ahead.

see you tomorrow morning 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

47 minutes ago, Mehmet Volga said:

It was an amazing day in a beautiful terrain, compassionate weather and with excellent drivers! My sole and last drive in Abu Dhabi was long ago and I am amazed finding such a hospitality by club friends and giant dunes of AD welcoming me together! Thank you very much to you all for this unforgettable experience!

We completed approx 60 km in a very good pace. Even started a bit late due to dense fog in the beginning, we completed a track longer than the planned and were able to finish even before the end time! To do this, you need a "good convoy" rather than some "good individual drivers". And to have a "good convoy" as a whole, each single member needs to be "good" as we had yesterday. There was no any single weak ring in our chain; had no stuck, no rope, no tugs... I did not have to clean sands from my shoes after a very long time. Well done friends! 

@Naveen Raj even with the weakest engine in our convoy, his good-looking Pajero was always showing up on my mirror and took him up everywhere we climbed! Very good example proving that off-roading is all about "the driver" and not "horse power" which can be bought with money! Excellent performance and excellent second-leading with quick re-routing responded just on time.

Very tough and stubborn determination by @John Vanderbleek, as he is fully familiar with all attitudes of his FJ , perfectly followed the track without hesitation. Thanks to him also for his care of me; after inflating, I ate something in the car and was having coffee and cigarette before heading up to my long way back to Dubai. He saw me alone from far, came back to check weather everything is fine. This is something about our club friendship, we are good fellas. Thank you John! 

@ShereenMK made a good decision by taking his LC. Our track was right up your LC's alley yesterday! Outstanding performance on straight climbs, long side-slopes, continuous climbing with lower speed and bowl circling. That is everything and you made it all - even some flying at that deep bowl :D 

Our big guy with his big monster, @Josh T. chewed the giant dunes like a grader! He injected us a lot of energy with his laughter and enthusiastic cheers. Well done bro, keep it up!

@Santoso Marjuki knows exactly what means having a Rubicon! The trick is not speed but momentum, as you already showed yesterday in high climbs where acceleration is not possible. And thank you for your special "Rubicon show" in the bowl at the end ;) 

@Karthikeyan Govindarajan ; it was amazing seeing how you have improved since our last drive many months  ago (it was one of your early newbies I think). Now you are driving your rhino just like using your own body parts, caught a perfect combination of a driver and a car to off-road! It was nice to see you again my friend. Well done!

@S Jacob showed us the capabilities of a Pajero SWB if whipped by the right hands! As a Pajero driver, I exactly know what it requires to perform such actions and what it tells about its driver performing those ;) Congrats!

@Hasan Wahlan it was very nice to see you in action again! Very sound driving and sweeping as always you do. Thanks also for your "closing show" by doing the biggest 8 around us in that bowl. Bravo my friend 💪

... and my old friend @marks; thank you buddy for excellent support. It was really relaxing to hear your voice on my radio, made us feeling safe. Thank you for your drone shot in the bowl as well. 

I liked this Abu Dhabi drive! We definitely should organize more of these! Thank you all for your performance, support and friendship.

See you soon again!👍

Thanks @Mehmet Volga for giving us the opportunity to bash those big dunes in sweihan,  it was a thrilling roller coaster experience, the drive level though was fewbie, the long sideys , bowls and hill climbs reminded me of the fewbie plus drive in dubai.
thanks for your kind words on my Pajero, the only reason I still keep the car is that it is turning me into a good off-roader, and I don’t want to part with this old Dakar champion despite its weakest engine.

Looking forward to do more drives with you in Abudhabi.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

2 hours ago, Mehmet Volga said:

It was an amazing day in a beautiful terrain, compassionate weather and with excellent drivers! My sole and last drive in Abu Dhabi was long ago and I am amazed finding such a hospitality by club friends and giant dunes of AD welcoming me together! Thank you very much to you all for this unforgettable experience!

We completed approx 60 km in a very good pace. Even started a bit late due to dense fog in the beginning, we completed a track longer than the planned and were able to finish even before the end time! To do this, you need a "good convoy" rather than some "good individual drivers". And to have a "good convoy" as a whole, each single member needs to be "good" as we had yesterday. There was no any single weak ring in our chain; had no stuck, no rope, no tugs... I did not have to clean sands from my shoes after a very long time. Well done friends! 

@Naveen Raj even with the weakest engine in our convoy, his good-looking Pajero was always showing up on my mirror and took him up everywhere we climbed! Very good example proving that off-roading is all about "the driver" and not "horse power" which can be bought with money! Excellent performance and excellent second-leading with quick re-routing responded just on time.

Very tough and stubborn determination by @John Vanderbleek, as he is fully familiar with all attitudes of his FJ , perfectly followed the track without hesitation. Thanks to him also for his care of me; after inflating, I ate something in the car and was having coffee and cigarette before heading up to my long way back to Dubai. He saw me alone from far, came back to check weather everything is fine. This is something about our club friendship, we are good fellas. Thank you John! 

@ShereenMK made a good decision by taking his LC. Our track was right up your LC's alley yesterday! Outstanding performance on straight climbs, long side-slopes, continuous climbing with lower speed and bowl circling. That is everything and you made it all - even some flying at that deep bowl :D 

Our big guy with his big monster, @Josh T. chewed the giant dunes like a grader! He injected us a lot of energy with his laughter and enthusiastic cheers. Well done bro, keep it up!

@Santoso Marjuki knows exactly what means having a Rubicon! The trick is not speed but momentum, as you already showed yesterday in high climbs where acceleration is not possible. And thank you for your special "Rubicon show" in the bowl at the end ;) 

@Karthikeyan Govindarajan ; it was amazing seeing how you have improved since our last drive many months  ago (it was one of your early newbies I think). Now you are driving your rhino just like using your own body parts, caught a perfect combination of a driver and a car to off-road! It was nice to see you again my friend. Well done!

@S Jacob showed us the capabilities of a Pajero SWB if whipped by the right hands! As a Pajero driver, I exactly know what it requires to perform such actions and what it tells about its driver performing those ;) Congrats!

@Hasan Wahlan it was very nice to see you in action again! Very sound driving and sweeping as always you do. Thanks also for your "closing show" by doing the biggest 8 around us in that bowl. Bravo my friend 💪

... and my old friend @marks; thank you buddy for excellent support. It was really relaxing to hear your voice on my radio, made us feeling safe. Thank you for your drone shot in the bowl as well. 

I liked this Abu Dhabi drive! We definitely should organize more of these! Thank you all for your performance, support and friendship.

See you soon again!👍

Thanks @Mehmet Volga for leading us yesterday and it was yet another great drive. Finishing 42 kms in first 2 hours is just amazing. And the last bowl - speechless. Looking forward to many more drives with you. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

5 hours ago, Mehmet Volga said:

That  @John Vanderbleek FJ boot was serving proper English Breakfast in one of the earlier Sweihan drive that I couldn't join but reminded me of our pre-covid love and socializing by sharing food and stories together.

All of Abu Dhabi boys are always excited and humble to welcome Carnity family home.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Important Information

Terms of use