•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Al Qudra to Lisaili Mighty Dunes - Dubai - 2 Oct 2021

Lorenzo Candelpergher

Drive Brief

The stretch of desert between Al Qudra and Lisaili offers infinite possibilities for desert off-roaders, ranging from small, super-technical dunes to long range, almost endless ridges. This drive will offer a taste of all these terrains at Newbie level, alternating more challenging technical stints to faster and more "driven" ones, enjoying the prevailing long range dune formations. There is however a specific place, where dunes become so high and so big that they well deserve to be named the "Mighty Lisaili Dunes". A majestic conformation which will be the perfect playground for practicing some easy climbs combined with nice slide slopes, the gran finale for this drive, which will end at Lisaili Camel Racing track.

Desert-Al-Lisaili-Gypsy-Overlanding-Family-1-1024x768.jpg

General Infos

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie and above (All Levels)

When:  02 Oct 2021, Saturday

Meeting time: 6:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: Al Qudra Pylon Track - https://goo.gl/maps/VurDujZbhkNZjGah7

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm, willingness to learn and your own compressor for tire inflation.

Approximate finish time: 10:00 AM

End Point: Lisaili Camel Race Track

Limited Spots Available:

• Limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE BELOW CALENDAR EVENT 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Al Qudra to Lisaili Mighty Dunes - Dubai - 2 Oct 2021

Dear @Waqar.S,

Subject to completing the Absolute Newbie drive with @Brette and subject to availability of free spots, you will be most welcome to join the drive on Saturday.

I have waitlisted you for your 2nd drive in the weekend. 

• Like (+1) 2

Dear Desert Wanderers,

we have a fully booked RSVP for Saturday's drive. 

For the time being, the following drivers are confirmed: @Felix Obst, @Fabien Monleau, @Sanjay Malik. @Algin Varghese, @Mohammed Mansoor. @Serafino, @hasan hamadeh, @Alexanderrr, @jeetu sharma, @Joseph Raju.

@Waqar.S, as said, you are waitlisted for your 2nd drive in the weekend, subject to successful completion of the absolute newbie drive on Friday with @Brette's convoy. At the moment the RSVP is full, so you will be granted access to this drive only in case someone drops out before Saturday. Also, I have removed you from the "Manage" tab, as this is an option only for the @Carnity Team members, who support the Drive Lead: in our case we will have @Jeepie supporting this drive on Saturday.

If you have any questions or doubts about the upcoming drive, your car, the basic gear, or anything else, please do not hesitate to post them here so you can have your answers and be better prepared for our next adventure!

Have a nice week and see you on the sand next Saturday !!

@Lorenzo Candelpergher - can u pls waitlist me for the drive. Currently i am registered for Fred’s drive on Friday but due to some family plans would prefer this drive. Once i get a spot here, i will drop out from Fred’s drive and join this one

• Like (+1) 1

Dear @Adhir Saxena, you are waitlisted.

Dear @Joseph Raju, can you confirm you have replaced your ballpoint hitch with an appropriate tow point, as discussed with @Ale Vallecchi in the occasion of your Absolute Newbie Drive? 

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/29/2021 at 7:00 PM, Lorenzo Candelpergher said:

Dear @Adhir Saxena, you are waitlisted.

Dear @Joseph Raju, can you confirm you have replaced your ballpoint hitch with an appropriate tow point, as discussed with @Ale Vallecchi in the occasion of your Absolute Newbie Drive? 

Hi @Lorenzo Candelpergher sorry for the late reply

As per schedule mine vehicle work should be finished today but unfortunately the ordered pintle hook still not arrived 

The vehicle work May complete only on Saturday or Sunday

So I can’t attend the newbie drive on Saturday morning 

• Sad (0) 2

Dear @Joseph Raju, sorry to hear the unfortunate news.

It is however the right decision to wait for your tow point to be in order. It is important for your safety and for that of those who may have to recover your car from a stuck. We'll done. 

See you next time.. Luckily the desert isn't going away any time soon 😂😂

@Adhir Saxena, in light of the latest development, you are admitted to the RSVP. Can you pls confirm whether you still intend to join? 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use