•  

Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Little Liwa - Abu Dhabi - 1 Oct 2021

Srikumar

Drive Info

Little Liwa is an off-roaders paradise with massive bowls, razor sharp ridges and long hill climbs. Nested within the town of Sweihan, this drive would be a prelude of terrain that one can expect in Liwa Oasis. There are places where the sand would break faster than the descent of your vehicle with a rumbling sound which is a specialty of this area. With the opening of the Abu Dhabi borders and just slightly more than an hour drive from Dubai, this is the perfect playground for driver and vehicle. 

Sweihan dunes.jpg

Sweihan dunes2.jpg

General Info

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Intermediate and Above 

When:  1 Oct 2021, Friday

Meeting time: 6:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point:  https://maps.app.goo.gl/evW9jWqpsYZn5ezL6

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 10:00 AM

THIS IS A COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE. WE WILL STARTING AND ENDING THE DRIVE AT THE SAME POINT, WHICH IS NOT CLOSE TO AN AIR LINE. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A COMPRESSOR, PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS DRIVE. IF YOU ARRIVE AND HAVE NO COMPRESSOR YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE. 

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 10 drivers. RSVP will close on Thursday - 5 PM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE BELOW CALENDAR:

• Like (+1) 1

@Rawad @Ilya @varunmehndiratta @Chinthaka Ruwan @Russ

Thanks for signing up for the drive and look forward for an amazing Intermediate drive in Little Liwa (Sweihan).

The plan is to enter from an area some of us refer to us as Africa. As there are some monstrous dunes at the entrance, the pace would be set from the word go. Depending on how we progress we would then plan to move southwards to the town of Yahar and pay a visit to the Old Lady Dune.

Meeting point has been updated on the Drive post as well as the calendar event. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • WOW (+2) 1

Hi @Srikumar can i confirm my attendance by Thursday morning plz? Daughter has some event on Friday timing not yet confirmed, would be tough for me to join  if it's before noon. Will know details by tomo eve or latest by thur morning.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, varunmehndiratta said:

Hi @Srikumar can i confirm my attendance by Thursday morning plz? Daughter has some event on Friday timing not yet confirmed, would be tough for me to join  if it's before noon. Will know details by tomo eve or latest by thur morning.

That's fine

• Like (+1) 1

Convoy Numbering

1. Srikumar

2. varunmehndiratta

3. Rawad

4. Humayun Ghias

5. JeromeFJ

6. Chinthaka Ruwan

7. Ilya

8. Russ

We will be using Carnity Channel 3. See you tomorrow at 6:00 AM

• Like (+1) 6
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

@varunmehndiratta @Rawad @Humayun Ghias @JeromeFJ @Chinthaka Ruwan @Ilya @Russ

The meeting point has been moved back a few meters because I just realised, in the past Google Maps plays a bit of mischief and leads you through the desert to the original meeting point.

I have updated the original post as well as the calendar event

Revised Meeting Point
https://maps.app.goo.gl/evW9jWqpsYZn5ezL6

At the meeting point you will see a gate in front. The password is Abracadabra.

Say it for the gate to open, come a bit forward and park the car on the right side.

See you in the morning.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 5

Important Information

Terms of use