•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Exploration Drive - Al Jabib to Faqa: The Reopening - AD/Dubai - 2 Oct 2021

Ale Vallecchi

Thank you @Ale Vallecchi for taking the time to prepare new itineraries and giving us the opportunity to discover new areas.

Reaching the meeting point in the fog was part of the challenge, and the same prevented the convoy to take the full measure of the first portion, but for sure it will be worth going back.  Then we could fully enjoy the nice mix of rollercoaster, ridge riding, and crisscrossing !

Thank you @Wrangeldand @Alex Raptor for the support, and to all the friends and new faces in the convoy. Sharing experience on previous drives and car mods is also part of the pleasure :) !

• Like (+1) 7

Thank you @Ale Vallecchi for a wonderful drive! I am in awe of how you navigated with only 10m visibility early on and all of us appreciated you extending the trip.  Thank you @Wrangeld for offering to support which allowed myself and a few other to join yesterday... felt great being able to explore that region once again!  

@Alex Raptor super support throughout!

was a great convoy .. again .. minimal refusals/stucks/drama and just a lot of fun and exploration! was nice doing an outside briefing in the fog, got to meet some old and new friends and look forward to the next trip out into this part of the desert! 

Edited by Niki
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you @Ale Vallecchi firstly for allowing me to join this drive (and @Wrangeld Richard’s presence for making it possible) and secondly for - as is common with your drives - allowing us to explore new areas previously unseen!

The drive to the meeting point is not one I would like to experience again, but it was well worth it! A fast paced drive with minimal issues and plenty of fun!

Thanks to all who were there and supported, and hope to see you all again soon 🌵

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you @Ale Vallecchi for this Saturday morning exploration drive. Although i had to exit after the first half, due to other commitments, the part i drove with all of you was very engaging and enjoyable. Really missed the remaining part, as we were picking up pace and swooping on bowls as much as we could , just consoling myself - there's always a nect time :-)

Yes, the drive to the meeting point was an adventure in itself, with close to zero visibility and my white LED headlights lights making things worse with blinding reflections, had to drive all the way with only my lower fog lights on!!

It was my first time within borders of abu dhabi, and was surprised to see AD - Faqaa dirstrict boards and markings on the way home.

Thanks @Niki for the second lead, doing your part perfectly in the reduced visibility... @Wrangeld for anchoring the convoy and @Alex Raptorfor the perfect sweep, good to drive with everyone else.

Thanks @Tareck for lending your compressor, when mine went bust..

See you all on the next adventure!!

Edited by Sunil Mathew
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you @Ale Vallecchi for this drive, I always feel the challenge when I reserve a drive with you.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to drive efficiently as my friend who joined me got motion sickness so I tried to limit my speed which got me stuck and had to exit early. Also thanks to @Wrangeld who was driving in front of me which made it easier to follow the best lines of approach he took.

Thank you @Niki @Alex Raptor for the support and @Russ for your help

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use