•  

Absolute Newbie Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 08 Oct 2021

Frederic

Join us to explore Al Qudra Desert to find what's beyond Qudra lakes

And learn the art of offroading in a versatile playground for your first off-road adventure.

You will learn to self-drive your vehicle from experts having decades of off-roading experience in the UAE. This area offers a good mix of playable long set of dunes and broad ridges to practice your off-road skills slowly but surely.

AN drive 08 oct 2021_sm.jpg

Drive is open for all 4x4/4WD/SUV/AWD vehicles having

• 8-10 inches of ground clearance and (MANDATORY)
  • Front and rear tow hooks (MANDATORY)

What you'll learn:

• Introduction to off-roading.
  • Desert driving basics and etiquette.
  • Desert driving tips, techniques, myth and best practices.
  • Off-road and safety gear familiarization and recovery procedures.
  • Vehicle orientation, risk analysis, deflation and outdoor safety advice.

First time with Carnity Off-road Club:

• Please share your vehicle details - Make, Model, Year.
  • Do you have any prior off-road experience?
  • Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks / eyelets.

Why should I join?

• We will teach you how to self-drive off-road safely and learn the best offroad driving and recovery techniques.
  • If you have already driven in sand before then you can learn more from experts having decades of offroading experience in the UAE.
  • This area offers a good mix of playable long set of dunes and broad ridge to test your off-road control.

Can my vehicle do this ?

• This drive is open for all 4x4/4WD/SUV/AWD vehicle having 8-10 inches of ground clearance and front and rear tow hooks. If in doubt please first announce your questions on the drive thread so we can advise you further.
  • Any stock 4x4/4WD are most welcome, you don't need any vehicle modifications.

Can I bring passengers ?

• Yes of course, but if you are absolute new to offroading it is better to drive alone first to avoid any distractions.

Learn More About: Carnity Off-road Club

Join button.jpg

STRICTLY: For ABSOLUTE NEWBIE who are driving for the first time with Carnity.

MUST READ AND CLICK TOTALLY AGREE ON THE BELOW COVID19 PRECAUTIONS TOPIC

Join button.jpg

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: Mandatory Safety Requirements

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

Drive Details

Level:  Only for "ABSOLUTE NEWBIES" or first timer with Carnity Off-Road Club

When:  08 October  2021, Friday.

Meeting time: 6:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting  Point: https://maps.google.com/?q=24.818832,55.255631

Type of Car: Any 4x4/4WD/SUV/AWD with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Tire deflator, pressure gauge and compressor, Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 10:00 AM

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 12 new members only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 5PM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list
  • Latecomers or members who are not on the RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please cancel you RSVP if you cannot make it, so your spot can be taken by others.

Join button.jpg

Please RSVP on below calendar 

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Welcome to Carnity Offroad Club @Maria Rodas ! 

I am delighted to see husband and wife both hitting the sand and starting the adventure. No doubt that @Daniel Rodas now comes home with lots of stories and sand in his socks. Soon you will be doing the same :)

To get you accustomed to the basics, please watch the Absolute Newbie video briefing a few times this week, this will serve as a good preparation and introduction to what you can expect. 

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

If you have any questions in the meantime, you can use this drive topic to ask them.

See you on Friday !

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Sudhanva Sonawane said:

Hello, I am Sudhanva, joined Carnity Club moments ago. I drive a 2017 Montero Sport and have driven couple of times in the desert. Looking forward to meeting off-road enthusiasts and the drive itself. 

Hi @Sudhanva Sonawane thanks for your introduction and welcome to Carnity Offroad Club !

Please take your time to watch the Absolute Newbie Briefing video, and i am looking forward meeting you on Friday !

Hi @Mohamed Aashiq Salahudeen

I noticed that you have completed already 1 Newbie drive in Sweihan last week. So that makes you a Newbie. The Absolute Newbie level drive is only for first joiners to the club, so kindly remove your RSVP and sign up for any of the available Newbie drives this weekend.

Thanks !

1 hour ago, Frederic said:

Hi @Sudhanva Sonawane thanks for your introduction and welcome to Carnity Offroad Club !

Please take your time to watch the Absolute Newbie Briefing video, and i am looking forward meeting you on Friday !

Hi @Mohamed Aashiq Salahudeen

I noticed that you have completed already 1 Newbie drive in Sweihan last week. So that makes you a Newbie. The Absolute Newbie level drive is only for first joiners to the club, so kindly remove your RSVP and sign up for any of the available Newbie drives this weekend.

Thanks !

Hi @Frederic Apologies for that. I will sign up for another drive. Thanks.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Hi, welcome to carnity offroad club

@Shyam Menon @Reggie Landicho @Junaid Iqbal @Ed Steinmetz

Please RSVP on below calendar if you like to join tomorrow morning Absolute Newbie drive in Al Qudra, Dubai desert. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Good morning @Gaurav& @Frederic, thanks for the welcome!

is there a chance to organize a Saturday Absolute newbie drive? As I am mainly available on Saturdays. Please….

I have driven before with other groups and the next drive will be my 4th drive. I think I’ll benefit more on the structured way of learning as those 3 drives I’ve had, conquered Pyramid and pink rock in Badayer.

Looking forward for your advice.

Many thanks 

1 hour ago, JAISROCK said:

Good morning @Gaurav& @Frederic, thanks for the welcome!

is there a chance to organize a Saturday Absolute newbie drive? As I am mainly available on Saturdays. Please….

I have driven before with other groups and the next drive will be my 4th drive. I think I’ll benefit more on the structured way of learning as those 3 drives I’ve had, conquered Pyramid and pink rock in Badayer.

Looking forward for your advice.

Many thanks 

Hi @JAISROCK, welcome to Carnity Offroad Club !

The Absolute Newbie drive is only on Fridays for now. Once you have completed this one, you can signup for a Newbie drive. At the end of that Newbie drive you can also submit a request for promotion to Fewbie level, with details of your previous 5 drives so we can take those into account.

• Like (+1) 1

Hi Frederic, have signed up to join the newbie drive tomorrow morning. We will be a couple in the car. So all I have to do now is to arrive at the location at 6 am sharp. If i have missed anything here please let me know. All other compliances in terms of the vehicle, compressor & deflator has been met. 

Important Information

Terms of use