•  

Morning Fewbie - Passion Play - Action Photography - Big Red - Sharjah - 08 Oct 2021

Gaurav

Calling all passionate photographers to join - Action Photography Drive.

The plan is to position all photographers at various creative angles to capture each car's "action shots" while doing side sloping, long hill climb, car poses with or without drivers.

Feel free to carry all your photography gears and lenses you like, as the drive is going to be super easy track-based newbie level drive, but action shot drivers have to be fewbie and above for safety reasons.

We may split the convoy in half to have an equal share of photographers and drivers on every side slope, long hill climb or scenic spot.

This Action Photography Drive RSVP is slightly flexible to create a balanced group and support.

Who should join?

• Professional or Passionate Photographers.
  • People who love their vehicle and like to get their action shots.
  • People who love to explore and test their go-pro, insta360 settings.
  • Social media enthusiast looking for next great reel, dp or hero shot.

P.S. No drone allowed in this drive for safety reasons and better control. Look out for a Drone drive shortly.

What to expect?

• Learn about your camera and photography from others.
  • Test your action photography skills and settings.
  • Sample Shots from Nov 2018, similar drive.

DSC_1473.jpg

DSC_1409.jpg

DSC_1452.jpg

DSC_1489.jpg

DSC_1211.jpg

DSC_1611.jpg

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie and above

When:  08 Oct 2021, Friday

Meeting time: 6:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Starting Point: Big Red https://goo.gl/maps/31fZ8MXh5YzbYF3K8 

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 10:00 AM

THIS IS A COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE. WE WILL END THE DRIVE AT A POINT WHICH IS NOT CLOSE TO AN AIR LINE. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A COMPRESSOR, PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS DRIVE. IF YOU ARRIVE AND HAVE NO COMPRESSOR YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE. 

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 10 Fewbies and above drivers. RSVP will close on Thursday - 9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

Please RSVP on below Calendar 

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Fewbie - Passion Play - Action Photography - Big Red - Sharjah - 08 Oct 2021
14 hours ago, varunmehndiratta said:

Would love to be the driver...is it open for those who are only interested in flaunting the vehicle and driving skills (however bad they might be, surely are better than my camera skills)

Sure you can RSVP, but preference will be given to the photographers first to create a balanced convoy.

Being an Intermediate I can definitely use you to test slopes when I position myself to check the angles.

Thank you @Ben84 @varunmehndiratta @Gilbert Khalil @Mohamad Anwer @Chinthaka Ruwan @Richard Franks @Veedooshee and @Nathan Evans for joining this passion play drive.

May I know the choice of camera and lens you will be carrying for this drive? So that I can split the convoy into two balanced parts to have plenty of action shots for each car.

Just to share my previous experience, action shots with crisp quality need a faster camera and stabilize lens (VR kind). The more closer we position ourselves to the cars better will be the resulting sharpness. Something like 40-50 meters than 200-300 meters.

Using the viewfinder (not live view) and fastest-finger-first is the only recipe (I know) for great shots to click at the perfectly right time. A faster camera can click multiple full-res shots quickly (not burst preferably, as it loses quality). We don't have to use a tripod for daylight shots, but you can if you prefer. At all times your camera lens will be chasing the car and waiting for the perfect action shot so flexibility in moving your hand, neck and body is prime.

@Mikhail Lukichev @Frederic @Lorenzo Candelpergher  @samamara  @Mario Cornejo do you advise any advance photography tips to get the most out of this drive?

• Like (+1) 1

Hi @Gaurav i Will be carrying a Nikon D5100 with a 50mm, a 50-200mm and a 18-50mm lens, all are VR type..

Looking forward to try some shots capturing the motion ...been long tried my shutter priority mode .

As someone once rightly said - its 10% camera and 90% the cameraman.  .so i am coming with full 5% 👍

• Like (+1) 2

I would advise the following, but i am merely a beginner, so please correct me if i made a slip up:

- Use Shutter Priority Mode (TV on Canon Cameras)

- Lock your shutter speed to 1/500 or 1/1000.

-Leave ISO on AUTO.

- If the object is moving, you activate Burst mode. In combination with Continuous Focus Mode will make it easier to get sharp shots.

- Set your aperture to F20 or something to start with, at least everything in the distance will be sharp as well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

4 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Thank you @Ben84 @varunmehndiratta @Gilbert Khalil @Mohamad Anwer @Chinthaka Ruwan @Richard Franks @Veedooshee and @Nathan Evans for joining this passion play drive.

May I know the choice of camera and lens you will be carrying for this drive? So that I can split the convoy into two balanced parts to have plenty of action shots for each car.

Just to share my previous experience, action shots with crisp quality need a faster camera and stabilize lens (VR kind). The more closer we position ourselves to the cars better will be the resulting sharpness. Something like 40-50 meters than 200-300 meters.

Using the viewfinder (not live view) and fastest-finger-first is the only recipe (I know) for great shots to click at the perfectly right time. A faster camera can click multiple full-res shots quickly (not burst preferably, as it loses quality). We don't have to use a tripod for daylight shots, but you can if you prefer. At all times your camera lens will be chasing the car and waiting for the perfect action shot so flexibility in moving your hand, neck and body is prime.

@Mikhail Lukichev @Frederic @Lorenzo Candelpergher  @samamara  @Mario Cornejo do you advise any advance photography tips to get the most out of this drive?

Hey @Gaurav

Ill be shooting on my Fujifilm XT-4 with a 24-80mm and I'll bring my little point and shoot Fujifilm XF10 which is a fixed 28mm to capture those from the hip moments on our adventure 🤘🏼

Look forward to Friday! 

Qudra_4thSeptemberDSCF9720.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

So far Camera and lens list coming up are impressive

1. Gaurav          Nikon D750 + 28-300mm (f3.5-5.6G) Nikon ED VR lens
  2. Varun            Nikon D5100 with a 50mm, a 50-200mm and a 18-50mm lens
  3. Nathan         Fujifilm XT-4 with a 24-80mm
  4. Chinthaka     Sony A6600 camera with 18-135 Lens
  5. Gilbert
  6. Mohamed
  7. Richard
  8. Vee
  9. Ben

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use