•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Nahel - Abu Dhabi - 08 Oct 2021

Srikumar

55 minutes ago, Srikumar said:

3) For the Fewbies @Zed @John Vanderbleek in our convoy, you would be assigned some important roles for tomorrow. So please ensure to bring all your offroad gears for the drive. @Zed, please ensure that you have your transferred your recovery gears from LC to the Y62.

Ay ay Captain 👨‍✈️, happy to help. I only manage to transfer the "non-heavy" stuff: ropes, soft shackles, & ARB portable compressor (heavy but not gonna leave this baby in the garage 😁 ) . But no worries, I've procured the missing pieces: 12T Bottle Jack for pop-outs, and 2 ARB base-plates instead of 3 IKEA chopping boards stacked for height.  Unfortunately I only have gardening shovel with me, so I hope tomorrow's drive doesn't involve much shoveling 😂

23 minutes ago, Zed said:

Unfortunately I only have gardening shovel with me, so I hope tomorrow's drive doesn't involve much shoveling 😂

You never know. It might be finally put to good use tomorrow, and you would then value a proper shovel even more.

• Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Adnan Halepota said:

Hi Sri,

I dont have a flag, can you advise where i can get if from in Abu Dhabi?

Hi @Adnan Halepota , Sri's based in Dubai but we in Abu Dhabi here can help you on this. First like @Anna Dillon said, go to Ace Hardware Yas and ask for AOR suction cup and flag. If not available, call this number  +971 2 554 8466 , it's a shop in Musaffah that also sells AOR-brand. Finally if you've exhausted all option, I've got a fishing pole + suction cup, which is a poor-man's flag, but better than not going without a flag 😄  Lemme know your search result...

EDIT: AdventureHQ also sells both Suction Cup & Flag according to their website https://adventurehq.ae/products/aor-offroad-flag-suction-mount , so maybe Dalma Mall AdventureHQ branch has it in stock...

Edited by Zed
add adventurehq option

2 hours ago, Anna Dillon said:

Adnan, I got a flagpole in Ace on Yas last weekend 

Thank you 

2 hours ago, Zed said:

Hi @Adnan Halepota , Sri's based in Dubai but we in Abu Dhabi here can help you on this. First like @Anna Dillon said, go to Ace Hardware Yas and ask for AOR suction cup and flag. If not available, call this number  +971 2 554 8466 , it's a shop in Musaffah that also sells AOR-brand. Finally if you've exhausted all option, I've got a fishing pole + suction cup, which is a poor-man's flag, but better than not going without a flag 😄  Lemme know your search result...

EDIT: AdventureHQ also sells both Suction Cup & Flag according to their website https://adventurehq.ae/products/aor-offroad-flag-suction-mount , so maybe Dalma Mall AdventureHQ branch has it in stock...

Thank you for the guidance 

Ummmmm I can’t remember exactly as I bought some other stuff too… around the 200-250 mark I think? Comes in 2 pieces. Seemed much longer than I expected. Was shocked at the cost of the attachment thingy though, but I have found a way to attach mine to the roof rack, hopefully it works 

12 minutes ago, Adnan Halepota said:

Hi Anna, how much does it cost?

Sorry just getting the hang of this quoting thing for the forum 😁

3 hours ago, Adnan Halepota said:

Hi Anna, how much does it cost?

Hi @Adnan Halepota my friend just shared this photo he said it’s 75aed for a flag. Bear in mind this is in Musaffah and the timings (Musaffah closes at 8pm while Ace & Dalma closes later)

https://maps.app.goo.gl/Ca1FxEjpiFZWe2rh8

Flag samples: 

9F423D3F-15D0-4915-9BF5-74FCCB80B0CA.png.a51870691598ad552c59ef4b3c5d8a78.png

Important Information

Terms of use